• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] ENTP FAIL!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My tech lead at work, who is a (sometimes choleric) ENTP, recently bought an older house. Since we were discussing trees, he stated that his backyard was lined with large trees, kind of like a tree fence, and that this was one of the attractions about the house. But he didn't notice until after signing off on the contract that two of the large trees are dead.

Ne isn't necessarily defined as being able to connect two and two together so well, they fall in love with concepts - in this case, he 'missed the trees for the forest.' He fell in love with the idea of having a tree fence, but didn't notice that two of the trees were dead.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is very interesting IMO, but I'm not sure what the prompt is. :shrug:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Teaching by example.

I know what those words mean, I still don't know how to respond to the thread like a discussion, you know? It's my shortcoming I think, I need everything spelled out to me like 10th grade English exam. Direct questions and so forth.