User Tag List

A wannabe dog

Default Is this person INTJ or INTP?

I have this classmate of mine, I am trying to identify whether he uses Ni or Ne.

He is pretty good at connecting the dots between things. For example, there was once when he was trying to figure out a teacher's age, and he happened to see an article from a few years ago with the teacher's age on it.
    And so, he said, "Mr X is 30+ years old this year because according to this newspaper article a few years ago he was 20+ years old back then, so you add up his age and you get 30+ years old.."

And he has also held a grudge with this teacher for a long time because the teacher yelled at me all the time and he said he couldn't stand the way that teacher treated me.

He is also a person with big dreams. For example, he refuses to "settle" for a job, because to him, a job is different from a career. He has big dreams of becoming a music teacher one day, and he wanna turn this entire dream into reality one day and he is also planning to work in this career field for his entire life.

Does he sound like INTP or INTJ? Does he use Ne or Ni? Does he use Fe or Fi?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The age reasoning thing sounds like TiNe and him holding a grudge for that sounds quite like Fe. But its impossible to typw someone based on little things like that
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I have this classmate of mine, I am trying to identify whether he uses Ni or Ne.

He is pretty good at connecting the dots between things. For example, there was once when he was trying to figure out a teacher's age, and he happened to see an article from a few years ago with the teacher's age on it.
    And so, he said, "Mr X is 30+ years old this year because according to this newspaper article a few years ago he was 20+ years old back then, so you add up his age and you get 30+ years old.."
    This is fact-based deductive reasoning. So, on the face of it, ISTP or ISTJ. But that's not to say anything about the person's type.

And he has also held a grudge with this teacher for a long time because the teacher yelled at me all the time and he said he couldn't stand the way that teacher treated me.
    Sounds ISTJ.

He is also a person with big dreams. For example, he refuses to "settle" for a job, because to him, a job is different from a career. He has big dreams of becoming a music teacher one day, and he wanna turn this entire dream into reality one day and he is also planning to work in this career field for his entire life.
    This could be INTJ or ISTJ, because they are more career-oriented.

Does he sound like INTP or INTJ? Does he use Ne or Ni? Does he use Fe or Fi?
    Based simply on the evidence you presented, your friend sounds like an ISTJ, in which case his tertiary type is Fi.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”