User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Question What makes you distinct from the rest of your type?

In what manners of mental processing are you different from the rest of your type?
    What mental patterns characterize you in ways disconnected from your type?
    What distinguishes you from other members of your type?

(Posted in MBTI, but can include other typological profiles)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not always the life of the party or the person who's getting the most attention. I'm fine with it if I am, but I don't really care if I'm not. Just as long as people acknowledge me and are happy I'm there.

Supposedly they have good manners? Mine suck. I'm just good with the whole "please and thank you", "sorry", and at times, "excuse me" idea. I will readily admit to chewing with my mouth open sometimes or laughing if someone farts. That's just me.

I've heard some ESTPs can do this, but a few people have considered me shy or a deep thinker if they don't know me well?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

For an introvert, I at least differ from the stereotype in that I am not bothered at all by crowds and regularly need noise, and I can handle chaotic group activity longer than most people, even among the obvious extraverts. I don't step up and actively seek socializing very often, but if an opportunity comes along, I want to take it.

I like to entertain people - humor, surprise, evoking the ostentatious emotions - if not often in direct, face-to-face ways. That's what art is for. It's a vent for my desire to play with you. Half of it, anyway. The other half is more "inwardly", enneagram-related purposes that would be off topic for this thread.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes thoughtlost liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I don't really know enough about MBTI to answer the first two questions. However:

I tend to procrastinate a lot, so while I can easily create structures in my head and find the idea of structure/order attractive, I tend not to write down any plans and struggle to stick at any given task.
    I seek emotional intensity and like very devoted, involved relationships where I spend a lot of time with the other person. I don't find "independent" women who I don't see often attractive.
    While I'm interested in science & technology, I'm a composer and my passions lie in the humanities (music, history, politics).
    While I enjoy working alone and in a quiet area, I'm quite sociable and would enjoy spending more time with other people. I am an ambivert, not an introvert.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

- I have this certain level of coldness that I let out when needed, and I am not the least bit dependent or co-dependent on individual people.

- I can snip the cord from a relationship of almost any kind lickity-split as if it never existed.

- Been fascinated with science, facts, how things work (though not all things) since I was little.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    For an introvert, I at least differ from the stereotype in that I am not bothered at all by crowds and regularly need noise, and I can handle chaotic group activity longer than most people, even among the obvious extraverts. I don't step up and actively seek socializing very often, but if an opportunity comes along, I want to take it.
    This sounds about right. It has become a pet peeve of mine to hear "introversion" and "social anxiety" essentially used interchangeably. I'm fine with people, fine with noise, and fine with chaos. It's just that I don't need them, and I already have enough energy kind of boiling up from the inside-out that I don't have an infinite supply to spend on others; eventually I want to be left alone to do whatever it is that I'd rather be doing.

Well. I might need noise. I'm the kind of person who falls asleep with a fan or the television on because silence makes me feel uncomfortable.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~
    Likes oneandonly, thoughtlost liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm objective.

I take few things personally.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I am very socially ambiverted.

I enjoy planning, and delegate well.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

In comparison to other IxFPs, I’m uncomfortable with negative feelings, which results in a compulsive need to see the silver lining. I deny, avoid and disconnect from feelings or ideas that cause distress. I prefer to feel numb over anxious, terrified or depressed. I also appear more pragmatic than most IxFPs, who are modest and seek projects that are meaningful over practical whereas wealth and fame is meaningful to me. When I pursue something or have an idea for a project, my second thought is usually, “how will this earn me fame? How can I monetize this?” and I won't start the project if I can't see the possibility of it earning me acclaim.

I’m drawn to current and global affairs and it re-enforces my desire to be recognized (i.e: I unconsciously present myself in manners that seek attention and highlight my desire to lead). This consequently affects my attitude towards commitment; I don’t like being tied down as I feel a strong need to be connected to many people, ideas and concepts. As such, I think I’m great at being busy without accomplishing anything substantial.

All of the above makes for a person that’s more friendly, confident, positive and materialistic than the average IxFP at their best but scattered and aggressive at their worst (like now).
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i have been called cold-hearted or tough by the people closest to me, on many occasions.