User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: E/I Ratio

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Homini Lupus View Post
    That is strange. Most introverts experience quite the contrary, thinking the world is made mostly by extroverts.

I think most people are extroverts, but quite a lot of them become shy, expecially when they are young and still have to define themselves. The strange think is that, since I'm not so shy, at times I can look more E than actual Es.
    I think most people are ambiverts frankly and hover somewhere around the middle. And most people think introversion is synonymous with shy and social anxious which it is not.

There are two studies looking at the frequency of type within the American population and introversion slightly wins. I just posted one and another I have in PDF. It's mostly ISJs driving up introverted numbers and introverts are also more likely to take personality assessments than extroverts which may inflate I number as well.

MBTI
    INTj

Yeah, I don't believe those numbers for one second.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    1w2

Why?

MBTI
    INTj

Because my N is saying, "That's Wrong! That's Wrong!"

And my P is saying, "Hell if I'm going to spend time reviewing all the research until I find that data that supports my belief."
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    1w2

That the same why I felt when I saw Kiersey's numbers.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I buy the CAPT PDF.
    I think a lot of people seem more extraverted because they believe that being introverted is equal to being bad so they try to get rid of those tendencies..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    istp

Probably it depends on geographical location.
    I'm Italian and I'm quite sure that Extraverts are the vast majority in Italy (except in computer science and some engineering courses-.-).
    Anglosaxon culture seems to largely favour Extraversion, too, but I haven't lived in UK or US so I can't really say.
    I can -skeptically- accept the possibility of an Introvert majority in places like Japan or the northern EU countries.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Are we talking about general introversion/extroversion, or strictly MBTI introversion/extroversion?

I mean, in MBTI terms, I would believe that most people are introverts, but in general terms, 1/3rd seems most likely.

People who could be considered 'extroverts' generally but are 'introverts' in terms of MBTI would be many IFJs and ISPs, and people who could be considered as 'introverts' but are 'extroverts' in terms of MBTI would be many ENPs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Are we talking about general introversion/extroversion, or strictly MBTI introversion/extroversion?

I mean, in MBTI terms, I would believe that most people are introverts, but in general terms, 1/3rd seems most likely.

People who could be considered 'extroverts' generally but are 'introverts' in terms of MBTI would be many IFJs and ISPs, and people who could be considered as 'introverts' but are 'extroverts' in terms of MBTI would be many ENPs.
    Explain the difference between a "general" introvert and MBTI introvert.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzes View Post
    Explain the difference between a "general" introvert and MBTI introvert.
    Introversion versus extroversion is a matter of need of external stimulation. An introvert needs less external stimulation than an extrovert because they respond to it more strongly. The more introverted, the less stimulation they need to be occupied.

In MBTI terms, the only thing one needs to be introverted is to have an introverted dominant function -- a function that relates the self to the outside world. Fe as an auxiliary has a need to function with other people, so IFJs would still be 'extroverted' (seeking out other people = seeking out stimulation), and ISPs would also be 'extroverted' because SPs require a lot of stimulation in general. With ENPs, they tend to create their own internal stimulation from the environment with Ne -- it's still relevant to the environment, but it's not actually there, so it's not actual external stimulation.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge