User Tag List

123 Last

Default Which cognitive functions do these phrases represent?

And if found within one person, which type would it most likely indicate?

"Everything is a system and with systems in between."

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary."

"In my mind is a river, a current of thoughts and ideas. I pull them out at will when they are needed. Everything I learn becomes a part of the river."

"I connect dots that others can't."

"My thought process is predominantly subconscious. All of my thinking occurs implicitly, rather than explicitly."
    Last edited by stephsharik; 08-29-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Irrelevance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Seems incredibly Ni to me.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"The darkness comforts me."

Possibly Fi.

"Everything is a system with systems in-between"

Definitely Te.

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary"

Probably Te.

"In my mind is a river, a current of thoughts and ideas. I pull them out at will when they are needed. Everything I learn becomes a part of the river."

Ni.

Ni.

"My thought process is predominantly subconscious. All of my thinking occurs implicitly, rather than explicitly."

That's also Ni.

If a person frequently uses Fi,Ni, and Te, They're probably an INTJ (NiTe, Fi is the tertiary function.)
    My Order of Cognitive Functions: Fi > Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Se > Ti > Te
    Tri-type: 4w5, 5w4, 9w1

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Seems Ni to me.

a lot of Ni, much of Te, some Fi

Sounds like an INTJ to me

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Trying to fit phrases like this to some function is irritating.. because for example the first one, while some Fi user might say that, it can be said by anyone who is fucked up emotionally. If some INTP for example has created some system, he might say that about his system and blablabla. Functions arent about a phrase that someone says
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Trying to fit phrases like this to some function is irritating.. because for example the first one, while some Fi user might say that, it can be said by anyone who is fucked up emotionally. If some INTP for example has created some system, he might say that about his system and blablabla. Functions arent about a phrase that someone says
    And what if they're found within the context of a single person who feels that these phrases encompass a lot of their personality?

If I were to take someone into an art gallery, place them in front of several paintings and ask, "what do you see?" do you think there would be only one right answer?
    When someone speaks, you have no proof of the origin of what you are hearing. Did Joe pick it up from Mom? Dad? TV? The net? A pal? A book? A movie?

I think it was Aphrodite-Gone-Awry who once commented in the forum that upon people choosing a type for themselves, (or a type they wish to be), all of a sudden they start using words and phrases they think a particular type would use, rather than speaking naturally. I have witnessed the same. People borrow words and expressions all the time. To start typing people based on individual sentences makes little sense and, frankly, gives new meaning to the expression "missing the forest for the trees."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If I were to take someone into an art gallery, place them in front of several paintings and ask, "what do you see?" do you think there would be only one right answer?
    When someone speaks, you have no proof of the origin of what you are hearing. Did Joe pick it up from Mom? Dad? TV? The net? A pal? A book? A movie?

I think it was Aphrodite-Gone-Awry who once commented in the forum that upon people choosing a type for themselves, (or a type they wish to be), all of a sudden they start using words and phrases they think a particular type would use, rather than speaking naturally. I have witnessed the same. People borrow words and expressions all the time. To start typing people based on individual sentences makes little sense and, frankly, gives new meaning to the expression "missing the forest for the trees."
    Random sentences, sure.

But if a carefully constructed phrase accurately represents a facet of a person's temperament, who's to say it cannot be analyzed? And if assigning a label would be too subjective, then perhaps, at least, some labels can be eliminated?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by stephsharik View Post
    And if found within one person, which type would it most likely indicate?

"The darkness comforts me."

"Everything is a system and with systems in between."

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary."

Sentence one: not related to a function.

Sentence two: Thinking, especially dominant Thinking types. But both Ti and Te functions see the world this way.

Sentence three: Si. Also more Te than Ti; TP types generally enjoy tinkering with systems just for the fun of it, and rarely see them as untouchably sacred.

Sentence four: Intuition. Again both Ni and Ne. However, Si also works like this.

Sentence five: Intuition, both Ni and Ne.

Sentence six: a dominant perceiving function. So IJ or EP. This is especially true of the IxxJ types.

It's dumb to guess a type based on this, but I'd say INTJ.