User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I feel kind of in the middle. I prefer having some knowledge and preparation before jumping in, but I am also adventurous and exploratory as a general rule. I try to avoid the low-gain risks and capitalize on the risks that either protect my values or are likely to lead to a breathtaking experience (standing up to mistreatment at work being an example of the former; learning and going scuba diving on the fly one day being an example of the latter - and sex without a partner's clean bill of health being a risk I just don't feel is worth taking).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    And so IXXPs are the perfect balance?
    I'm not so sure about that. You are probably talking about IxFPs more here.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Irrational perceiving, when dominant, brings a great degree of spontaneity, and perhaps an aura of danger, to the personality. In practice, such people are thought to lack judgment. But rational judging can seem too controlling because it sets cogent and judicious limits on spontaneity. They are considered "party-poopers" by the Irrational types because they use too much judgment.
    Hell, this absolutely makes sense to me. Risk-seeking may be seen as 'lacking judgment' by the risk-averse, who may in turn be seen as 'too controlled' by the risk-seekers.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Hell, this absolutely makes sense to me. Risk-seeking may be seen as 'lacking judgment' by the risk-averse, who may in turn be seen as 'too controlled' by the risk-seekers.
    It makes common-sense. The interesting part is how this correlates with Jungian functions.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It makes common-sense. The interesting part is how this correlates with Jungian functions.
    I'm a fan of bringing common sense to conscious light as a reminder. But I do find the correlation with Pe/Pi-dominance to be a neat idea.

In your mind, would Ji/Je-doms (who are thus Pe/Pi secondaries) exhibit similar tendencies as their Pe/Pi-dom brethren? How does the function stacking affect risk-seeking/aversion--would having Px in a secondary position lessen the degree to which those tendencies exist?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I'm probably growing old, I am not the famous ENTP risk taker that my surrounding used to know

The more I grow old the wiser I become : I try to think before acting to avoid losing my energy with the wrong persons for example...

And I tend to develop my intuition more and more...

I used to take many risks in relationships as well as for/in my jobs.

Psychologically I am quite grounded so I don't need them to feel alright with myself.

I am a risk taker for others because I don't give a damn about rules, because a good rule is one which is truly necessary...etc.

Physically speaking, for some women, I am a risk taker : I am rather outgoing, and always very curious.
    But what they forgot is that if I think "I'm not going out alone at 3 o'clock alone" I don't feel free anymore.
    So I'm a risk walker

Life is a risk in itself, and the pleasure to be alive is probably to feel good without too much worry.

I'd like to be a risk taker with emotions, but I still have to work on them.
    I'm not usually lazy, but on this subject.... oh god !
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

I control risk.

No profit can be acquired without taking some degree of risk hence risk taking is paramount if you wanna make shitload of money...On the other hand, overleverage can make your net worth crash and burn quickly hence a certain balance must be struck between profit chasing and loss avoidance in order to build long term wealth...

In general, if the Expected Value of a certain risky action X is positive, I would then take the risk and pull the trigger. Otherwise if the Expected Value is zero or negative, I'm not going to bother....

I'm not gonna have precise expected value numbers for all scenario, but it's easy to intuitively make an educated guess/to quickly estimate the expected value of most scenarios I encounter....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by childofprodigy View Post
    I control risk.
    I call B.S.

I am probably too risky. In all things. It may catch up to me.

However, they're calculated, and I must not be a moron, because even though I'm proficient in about 15 extreme sports, I've never broken a bone. I lied, my pinkie toe once walking barefoot to the mailbox.

But as @ExNinjaTropPervertie said, as I've gotten a little older, for BIG decisions (moving, career, women, etc.), sometimes I'm almost paralyzed to make a choice. It doesn't last long, but your "do-overs" get less and less.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I call B.S.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by childofprodigy View Post
    [/video]
    Ha, shun away. But it wouldn't be called "risk" if you could control it.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.