• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are You Afraid to Take Risks?

childofprodigy

Ha, shun away. But it wouldn't be called "risk" if you could control it.

Yes you could. There's an entire field called Probability Theory designed to measure and quantitatively control risk and are systematically used by companies worldwide to make shitload of money....

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Am I afraid to take risks?

Sure. But I do it anyway.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm afraid to take risks in interpersonal relationships. I don't trust myself to navigate through those interactions and come out safely. I only confront when I've been backed into a corner and have no other option.

I'm very experimental when it comes to my own thoughts. I have a thought first and then go back to think about whether it holds up in the face of logic and known facts.
(None of this carries over to talking to other people - I always stop and think about all the ways my words I could be (mis)interpreted before I speak.)

Raffaella

bon vivant
I think you're confusing conscious risk taking with spontaneity associated risk. As an IxxP, I am very conscious of risks, and averse to them, but I do have short foresight at times caused to boredom and that is when I take the most risks. If, for instance, you give a path to a J, they're likely to follow it all the way through, being risk averse and conscientious of outcomes, Ps (especially extroverts), on the other hand, are more inclined to explore and therefore appear more risky.