User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Now that the nonsense is over, I'll say it again: Heaven forbid someone consider neurotransmitters.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I've avoided multiple career paths because I didn't want to risk accidentally killing someone. My idea of spontaneity is ordering the pulled pork sammich at Subway on a whim.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I've avoided multiple career paths because I didn't want to risk accidentally killing someone. My idea of spontaneity is ordering the pulled pork sammich at Subway on a whim.
    It's because of your neurotransmitters.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

One can never discount the power of neurotransmitters.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, with the exception of emotional risks. I avoid putting myself into situations which could lead to a personal rejection.

I take risks in most other areas and never really saw it that way until others pointed it out. I'm not very security driven at all. Stability can bore me. Routine is suffocating. There is enough drive for novelty and freedom and experimentation to trump my shyness and sensitivity. But I'm too concerned with moral concepts to ever be really crazy. I'd say I'm conservative and cautious in moral issues, and some if that is avoiding needless offense of others, aka I consider other's feelings.

I think this can appear unpredictable and inconsistent on the outside, but it's pretty consistent if you know the place it's coming from.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

^

I'm not very security driven at all.
    SP dom?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

We all risk all of the time. It's always weighing the risk of loss of what you have and the risk loss of what could be. Ne'doms know this. I'll do some crazy things to not risk losing things that I think are worth it, or gaining a vantage of possibility. From somebody who doesn't understand how I value things, I could be seen as a heavy risk taker.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I've realized with age that I take too many risks, but usually unconsciously. Two recent examples:

1) I got on the Metra without a ticket and no cash for the third time this year. The first two times I had enough change to pay for my ticket (for real.) and the third, I miraculously found an old ten ride for another line in my wallet that they accepted! Anyway, obvious lack of self preservation instincts, sheesh.

2) I had planned to go for a walk at a Forest Preserve with a friend on Saturday, but Friday night I started feeling sick. Saturday morning comes and I'm thoroughly ill, fever, tightness in the chest, coughing, sinus pain, etc. I almost forgot I was supposed to meet my friend, but remembered like an hour before and didn't want to cancel on her because I hate it when people do that to me. So I go, as soon as I get there the sky looks like rain-- but I love rain and storms, especially in the summer and just the way the air feels before one. Caught up in that feeling, I don't think I really thought about rain + sick. Okay, I didn't at all. About halfway around one of the circut paths, the wind picks up and the sky opens up and at first I was euphoric (because, as I said, I have a thing with storms) which sustained all the way back to our cars. I don't think the "you stupid idiot", of my own judgement really hit me until I was driving home sopping wet with a fever and chills. *headdesk*

I don't know that I associate my tendency to take risks with MBTI at all though, more with my instinctual variants.

That said, I am not a social risk taker at all.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

In some situations yes, in some situations no. Just like everyone else
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so