• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si VERSUS Se [TEST]

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which of the following represent Se and which represent Si?

1. I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds.
2. How should I wear my hair today?
3. I often find myself battling my inner demons.
4. People who have beards are hiding something.
5. The people next door have no common sense.
6. You're such an angel!
7. I have unusual feelings that I can only express
through the world around me.
8. I enjoy looking for the man in the moon.
9. There is much beauty in ugliness.
10. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
40 views and no attempts to answer the question?

What kind of typologists are you?

Alea_iacta_est

1. I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds. (Si/Ne axis, Ne Super-Id inclination)

2. How should I wear my hair today? (Si, More likely Si blocked with Fe, or Se blocked (Ego) with Fi)

3. I often find myself battling my inner demons. (Se blocked with Fi)

4. People who have beards are hiding something. (? Unhealthy Ni, seeing distortions in reality where there might not be any, unless this is a character generalization, in which case it would be a 1-Dimensional rational element*, opinions formulated only on personal experience)

5. The people next door have no common sense. (S blocked with T)

6. You're such an angel! (Fi, possibly Fi blocked with Ne (Fi+))

7. I have unusual feelings that I can only express through the world around me. (Se blocked with Fi)

8. I enjoy looking for the man in the moon. (? Super-Id Ne?)

9. There is much beauty in ugliness. (Irrational Element** blocked with F)

10. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen [in the back of my mind?]. (Super-Id Ni, Se/Ni axis, vital Ni)

*Leaning toward 1-d Te

** Physical beauty and ugliness, Si blocked with Fe; Symbolic and Mystical beauty and ugliness, Ni blocked with Fe

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only right answers are Si or Se.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then remove some of the statements.

And what do you mean by "(Si/Ne axis, Ne Super-Id inclination)"? Should I take this as an Si response? Or Ne? I don't get it.

Alea_iacta_est

And what do you mean by "(Si/Ne axis, Ne Super-Id inclination)"? Should I take this as an Si response? Or Ne? I don't get it.

You should take it as a type that has Si as one of its primary functions. The directive illustrated with that statement is indicative of weak, valued Ne*, which is in turn indicative of strong, valued Si.

*Or, in a strong, valued Ne type that is actually paying attention to its surroundings to use Ne in tandem with weak, valued Si, but this example provided, however, seems more in line with the childish exploration of sensory perceptions through objective analogical connections (i.e. Trying to see different things in clouds would be more like something an SJ would do when relaxed than an NP)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should take it as a type that has Si as one of its primary functions. The directive illustrated with that statement is indicative of weak, valued Ne*, which is in turn indicative of strong, valued Si.

*Or, in a strong, valued Ne type that is actually paying attention to its surroundings to use Ne in tandem with weak, valued Si.

What do you mean by "Si as one of its primary functions"?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si Lead or Si Creative. Or Si Dominant and Si Auxillary. Primary was meant to be Ego functions.

I see.

Well, I'm looking at Si and Se purely, and then applying them to the ten statements. So as far as that goes, I would treat them both as Dominant by default.

Alea_iacta_est

I see.

Well, I'm looking at Si and Se purely, and then applying them to the ten statements. So as far as that goes, I would treat them both as Dominant by default.

The problem here is that you are expecting Si and Se to result from the statements when the statements provided are in fact indicative of other functions.

The cloud statement pointed more toward Super-Id Ne (weak, valued; Tertiary or Inferior) than it did to an Ego S function, even though the presence of Super-Id Ne theoretically confirms the existence of Ego Si.

Statements 2, 3, 5, 7 are fine for this purpose; I included the 'S blocked with rational function' format to specify whether or not the S element illustrated was + or - in sign.

4, 6, 8, 9, and 10 were indicative of other elements that might or might not be able to specify what the person's S preference is.

6 could possibly indicate Se Auxillary, but only under the circumstance that Fi is Dominant. The example is more likely to point toward +Fi. Unless of course example 6 is a expression of gratitude that is common courtesy, in which case the example would line up more with Fe valuers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem here is that you are expecting Si and Se to result from the statements when the statements provided are in fact indicative of other functions.

The cloud statement pointed more toward Super-Id Ne (weak, valued; Tertiary or Inferior) than it did to an Ego S function, even though the presence of Super-Id Ne theoretically confirms the existence of Ego Si.

Statements 2, 3, 5, 7 are fine for this purpose; I included the 'S blocked with rational function' format to specify whether or not the S element illustrated was + or - in sign.

4, 6, 8, 9, and 10 were indicative of other elements that might or might not be able to specify what the person's S preference is.

6 could possibly indicate Se Auxillary, but only under the circumstance that Fi is Dominant. The example is more likely to point toward +Fi. Unless of course example 6 is a expression of gratitude that is common courtesy, in which case the example would line up more with Fe valuers.

Well, do your best not to over-analyze.

Alea_iacta_est

You can sort out the Sensing elements from the rest. I know you can!

Hence me selecting the statements that actually pertained to Sensing elements (2, 3, 5, 7), while showing you the ones that don't speak for a Sensing element, but might or might not be able to indicate a sensing preference (for example, 1 and 10).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hence me selecting the statements that actually pertained to Sensing elements (2, 3, 5, 7), while showing you the ones that don't speak for a Sensing element, but might or might not be able to indicate a sensing preference (for example, 1 and 10).

I'll repost these statements:

Why do you think this might be Sensory?
I'm afraid this is entirely concrete, because it doesn't express an abstract concept (intuition), but a concrete one (sensory).
6. You're such an angel!
Angels are imaginary concretes, not concepts or abstractions (intuitions). If you can imagine it existing (even if just an apparition), then it counts as a concrete, typologically speaking.
The moon isn't a concrete? The man in the moon, although imaginary, isn't an abstract concept but a reworking of elements in sense-perception (concrete).
Beauty and ugliness are by their very nature aesthetic, that is, sensory in nature.
Don't you sense feelings? I'm not saying they were emotions being felt here. And it is related to no. 7 which you didn't question as sense related.

Alea_iacta_est

I'll repost these statements:

I'm afraid this is entirely concrete, because it doesn't express an abstract concept (intuition), but a concrete one (sensory).

Jung defined intuition as knowing something without necessarily knowing something. In this statement, there is the projection of certainty for something that is not entirely certain, something that is not known for absolute certainty. Ergo, this example is either someone intuitively reasoning that people with beards are hiding something (knowing without knowing), or someone who is using only personal experience as a basis through a 1-dimensional rational function (most likely 1-d Te). I'd be more inclined to say this statement is an example of the latter, but it, under the right circumstances, could reflect intuition (in which case the intuition utilized would have a higher probability of being introverted intuition due to the need to see through reality and uncover hidden meanings and deceptive distortions). For an example to reflect intuition, it does not need to focus on an abstract concept.

6. You're such an angel!
Angels are imaginary concretes, not concepts or abstractions (intuitions). If you can imagine it existing (even if just an apparition), then it counts as a concrete, typologically speaking.

You seem to have assumed that since I said this was Fi-Ne, this must be involving an abstract concept. Introverted Feeling involves noticing static qualities of people that have ethical merit (or lack of merit), so calling someone an angel based on who they are would be introverted feeling. The reason why I have classified this statement as Fi+ (Fi-Ne) specifically, is due to the fact that -Fi types (Fi-Se) are not inclined to give character compliments (except in the presence of those within their quadruable, it would seem) or call someone out for behaving in a good way, as they are more oriented toward criticizing evil, amorality, and injustice than complimenting do-gooders.

The moon isn't a concrete? The man in the moon, although imaginary, isn't an abstract concept but a reworking of elements in sense-perception (concrete).

A person looking for "the man in the moon" would be most likely experiencing the childish naivety of the Super-Id functions. However, this statement is too generalized and too strange for me to ascertain a function that might produce this behavior other than a childish intuitive function (in which case I would suggest Beta Ni, with its inclinations toward mysticism and spiritual views of events). This example proves too strange to do anything with it.

Beauty and ugliness are by their very nature aesthetic, that is, sensory in nature.

Beauty and ugliness can be assigned to both objects in the environment or concepts that are not necessarily present in the environment.

Don't you sense feelings? I'm not saying they were emotions being felt here. And it is related to no. 7 which you didn't question as sense related.

That's because 7's "feelings" are compulsions that are needed to be brought to reality, which is way more suggestive of Se+ than of other elements. The person who expressed statement number 7 would be a person who thinks "I have this feeling deep inside that I need to let out and demonstrate to the world; I must express my deep feelings through actions and willpower", whereas the "feeling" expressed in 10 is much more based in Ni (the intuition of time), where the feeling that was experienced was one of foreshadowing, "something will go wrong, I just know it (knowing without "knowing")". The "feelings" described here are of a different nature: 7's feelings are subjective impressions brought upon creative Fi, 10's feelings are subjective impressions brought upon Super-Id Ni.

The introverted elements all deal with "feelings", even introverted thinking, but these "feelings" are idiosyncratic of the element.

Fi - subjective reactions to objects or people, "feelings" about people, interpersonal relations, and values, or deeper, more indescribable emotions that arise out of the unconscious, for example.

Ti - subjective categorizations of objects (or people), "feelings" about technical information, how much something might weigh, for instance (more Ti-Se), or how logically consistent a system or idea is or isn't with itself and other information/situations (more Ti-Ne)

Si - subjective impressions gained from objects or people, "feelings" of comfort or discomfort with how things are, "How does this object make you feel?" (or more accurately, "What does this object make you feel?"), how everything around you makes you "feel".

Ni - subjective impressions about the timeliness or opportunity of things, "feelings" of how long something is taking, or how things will probably happen, or precisely what time you need to act and mobilize to achieve something.

EDIT: Do note with these descriptions of feelings, the mental (Ego, Super-Ego) introverted functions will always try to express their "feelings" objectively, as if others know exactly what they are talking about, while vital (Super-Id, Id) feelings will be generally expressed more subjectively, as if the feelings are treated as personal opinion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which of the following represent Se and which represent Si?

Si

Se

Si

si

se

6. You're such an angel!
se

Si

Si

Se

Si.

Si..if it exists.... I see as being associated with recognition of sensory patterns. This also, as I understand it, applies to internal senses. Like "gut feelings." The beard statement is a perceived pattern.

Side note: Why do people have such an issue with multiple choice? Pet peeve of mine whenever someone asks a question with only a few clearly defined answers, and then they put in their own answers. That's not really answering the question, it's dodging it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not enough information.