User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

I was posting mine as a hypothetical example, not thinking of specific people.

The point of my post was not figuring out what type an inbetween person was. I was thinking about what a person who is in the exact middle might look like. They could have a highly developed sense of logic, yet still be very in tune with their feelings and other people's feelings. They could have difficulty with even simple logic, but also be out of touch with their own feelings and unable to respond properly to other people's feelings. These are the extreme examples, many people in the middle might have an average ability in both traits.

This is why I think the sytem brakes down when it comes to people in the middle. Not because it can't classify what they "really" are, but because it doesn't tell you if the scored in the middle because they were good at using both or bad at using both.

Ilah

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    This is why I think the sytem brakes down when it comes to people in the middle. Not because it can't classify what they "really" are, but because it doesn't tell you if the scored in the middle because they were good at using both or bad at using both.

Ilah
    System was already broken though. It doesn't tell you if ones self-image is not based in reality, nor if they fail to understand questions, nor if questions were relevant to this person. What do you think the margin of error is for each preference? Has to be at least 20% imo.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    The point of my post was not figuring out what type an inbetween person was. I was thinking about what a person who is in the exact middle might look like. They could have a highly developed sense of logic, yet still be very in tune with their feelings and other people's feelings. They could have difficulty with even simple logic, but also be out of touch with their own feelings and unable to respond properly to other people's feelings. These are the extreme examples, many people in the middle might have an average ability in both traits.
    Ilah
    Most people are able to use all eight functions. Feelers donīt feel the right answer to mathematical questions and Thinkers donīt react all logical to people they care about. The dominant function is the one where your values reside and which you will prefer throughout your life. An inbetween person would be someone wo hasnīt developed a preference. That means heīs not good at using both, because you can only develop a function if you decide against itīs opposite function.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Most people are able to use all eight functions. Feelers donīt feel the right answer to mathematical questions and Thinkers donīt react all logical to people they care about. The dominant function is the one where your values reside and which you will prefer throughout your life. An inbetween person would be someone wo hasnīt developed a preference. That means heīs not good at using both, because you can only develop a function if you decide against itīs opposite function.
    If you couldn't use all eight functions you'd have to be considered mentally disabled. I honestly don't remember if someone else said it or I came up with it, but I see there being four functions, within each a preference for inward or outward focus.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I honestly don't remember if someone else said it or I came up with it, but I see there being four functions, within each a preference for inward or outward focus.
    exactly

i always score borderline T/F, and it's because i'm scoring lots of 100s and 0s. i have very strong Fe and Ti.

no test is going to be accurate if it scores T against F and S against N. everyone uses N, F, T, and S. the tests should try to figure out introversion vs. extroversion for those traits and figure out the dominant function. no more information is needed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Jack, I agree that paper and pencil testing isn't always the best. I often wonder what it's like for other people of different types and of lower intelligences to be filling out those tests. Can we really trust everyone's answers about themselves even when they're trying to be honest?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Jack, I agree that paper and pencil testing isn't always the best. I often wonder what it's like for other people of different types and of lower intelligences to be filling out those tests. Can we really trust everyone's answers about themselves even when they're trying to be honest?
    How much intelligence do you need to answer questions like “I prefer x or y”, “I consider myself x or y”, “I am more comfortable with x or y” and so on?

I agree, people can deceive themselves, but tests are not only fallible because human beings are. Personalities are more complex than tests can capture. Tests canīt give you absolute values, only probabilities. If you score 80 percent T and 20 percent F, you donīt have 80 percent T and 20 percent F, you just have a 80 percent probability of being T over F.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think less intelligent people might answer based on recent occurrences or how they're feeling at the time, rather than trying to figure out what is the normal pattern for them.