User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Why do others hate INFJs?

I saw an INFJ hate group earlier today and I really don't understand why people seem to really hate us. They said they saw us as fakes and we aren't we are real genuine people. Other types feel free to give your opinion on why you like or dislike us.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 07-28-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: moved

MBTI
    ENTP

On the off-chance you're not trolling: INFJ is statistically the least common type, yet among the most common self-types on typology forums. Because of this there is a lot of disdain for people claiming to be INFJ. I've met very few people who dislike true INFJs.

You're probably trolling though... dammit.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I have never seen that.

If it's out there, though; it might have to do with that there's some bullshit ranting and raving against Fe in general. Wouldn't be surprised if INFJs were a consequential casualty, but I can't see them being the main target.

Last edited by Vasilisa; 07-28-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: post number included
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
    I saw an INFJ hate group earlier today and I really don't understand why people seem to really hate us. They said they saw us as fakes and we aren't we are real genuine people. Other types feel free to give your opinion on why you like or dislike us.
    - passive aggression
    - Messiah complex
    - covertly control/think they "know what's best for you"
    - collectivist
    - out of touch with reality
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire
    Likes riva liked this post

Permabanned

Hating a type defined by a way of thinking is interesting: On the surface, it conjures the mental image we have of previous groups suffering from prejudice.

Yet in a way, it succeeds in the very way those ideologies failed:
    • Racism towards blacks in America conjured the idea that they are inherently prone to a criminal mentality.
    • Antisemitism towards Jews in Europe followed a belief that they are inherently prone to greed and malevolence.
    • Chauvinism towards women in the world made the claim that they are inherently over emotional and incompetent.

They all used non-mental characteristics to determine someone's personality and make claims about the mentality.

How then do we deal with an accusation of an unfavorable mentality towards a group that is defined by and identifies as having a similar mentality?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I used to admin the INFJ forums. SO much drama. It's the curse of Fe. Put Ni in front of it and you can get this self-entitled passive aggression that can be quite manipulative. It's lead to me having a very sour taste in my mouth for that type. They can also be utterly impervious to logic & reason.

I don't hate them, but I tend to not get along with them I've noticed (ironically I thought I was one for years).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Hate is such a strong word.

Having said that I do believe that to "hate" a type tends to say more about the hater than the hated.

There are some types I get along with better than others, but there is no type that I "hate," to do so would be to give MBTI a morally significant power that no theory should be granted, and to me, suggests that the "hater" is either very immature, still doesn't have a grasp on the typology theory, or both. Just my thoughts for whatever they're worth.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes Forever, Asdlax liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
    My experiences with INFJs are mixed and I want to make that clear from the beginning. Two of my mates are among your number. However, INFJs also form the majority of my rogues gallery.

The three things I find frustrating are:

1. The assumption INFJs make that they understand the emotions and life struggles of people they don't know. That is Fe talking. Unless somebody has known me for a while, I resent them saying that they understand what it's like to be me.

2. Idealism. Immature INFJs, who haven't developed Ti well, often have very idealistic beliefs which they don't have a Thinking function to refine and question. Unlike NFPs, they want to impose their visions on others, which makes them dangerous.

3. Superiority complex. Some INFJs feel that they are special and have an ordained purpose, often related to their personality type. I find this to be insufferably arrogant and very off-putting.

I don't hate INFJs. I can't tell who is or who isn't an INFJ without being told upfront but you're an INFJ and you seem nice. So that's good.
    Likes Xann liked this post