• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do others hate INFJs?

Roselyn

I saw an INFJ hate group earlier today and I really don't understand why people seem to really hate us. They said they saw us as fakes and we aren't we are real genuine people. Other types feel free to give your opinion on why you like or dislike us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
On the off-chance you're not trolling: INFJ is statistically the least common type, yet among the most common self-types on typology forums. Because of this there is a lot of disdain for people claiming to be INFJ. I've met very few people who dislike true INFJs.

You're probably trolling though... dammit.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have never seen that.

If it's out there, though; it might have to do with that there's some bullshit ranting and raving against Fe in general. Wouldn't be surprised if INFJs were a consequential casualty, but I can't see them being the main target.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw an INFJ hate group earlier today and I really don't understand why people seem to really hate us. They said they saw us as fakes and we aren't we are real genuine people. Other types feel free to give your opinion on why you like or dislike us.

- passive aggression
- Messiah complex
- covertly control/think they "know what's best for you"
- collectivist
- out of touch with reality

Mane

Permabanned
Hating a type defined by a way of thinking is interesting: On the surface, it conjures the mental image we have of previous groups suffering from prejudice.

Yet in a way, it succeeds in the very way those ideologies failed:
  • Racism towards blacks in America conjured the idea that they are inherently prone to a criminal mentality.
  • Antisemitism towards Jews in Europe followed a belief that they are inherently prone to greed and malevolence.
  • Chauvinism towards women in the world made the claim that they are inherently over emotional and incompetent.
They all used non-mental characteristics to determine someone's personality and make claims about the mentality.

How then do we deal with an accusation of an unfavorable mentality towards a group that is defined by and identifies as having a similar mentality?

á´…eparted

passages
I used to admin the INFJ forums. SO much drama. It's the curse of Fe. Put Ni in front of it and you can get this self-entitled passive aggression that can be quite manipulative. It's lead to me having a very sour taste in my mouth for that type. They can also be utterly impervious to logic & reason.

I don't hate them, but I tend to not get along with them I've noticed (ironically I thought I was one for years).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hate is such a strong word.

Having said that I do believe that to "hate" a type tends to say more about the hater than the hated.

There are some types I get along with better than others, but there is no type that I "hate," to do so would be to give MBTI a morally significant power that no theory should be granted, and to me, suggests that the "hater" is either very immature, still doesn't have a grasp on the typology theory, or both. Just my thoughts for whatever they're worth.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

My experiences with INFJs are mixed and I want to make that clear from the beginning. Two of my mates are among your number. However, INFJs also form the majority of my rogues gallery.

The three things I find frustrating are:

1. The assumption INFJs make that they understand the emotions and life struggles of people they don't know. That is Fe talking. Unless somebody has known me for a while, I resent them saying that they understand what it's like to be me.

2. Idealism. Immature INFJs, who haven't developed Ti well, often have very idealistic beliefs which they don't have a Thinking function to refine and question. Unlike NFPs, they want to impose their visions on others, which makes them dangerous.

3. Superiority complex. Some INFJs feel that they are special and have an ordained purpose, often related to their personality type. I find this to be insufferably arrogant and very off-putting.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't hate INFJs. I can't tell who is or who isn't an INFJ without being told upfront but you're an INFJ and you seem nice. So that's good.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to like INFJs, or have liked all of them who i got to know well enough to make that judgment on. My experiences vary from childhood best friend, cousin, co-workers, teenage crush, someone i met once and got to know a bit better over the internets(she moved back to germany just right after we met), to someone i sort-of-kind-of dated a bit and became friends with. All of them except my childhood best friend were women. I agree that they can get annoying, but it comes in the same package with all the good stuff, so its not a big deal..
Just to give you an example of the annoying thing that happened with one as the last convo;
INFJ:..like that time when you got upset when i was busy and couldnt see you or when you got angry when i was tired.
Me: WTF? i never got upset or angry about that stuff. Where you get these delusions from?
INFJ: You just dont recognize your feelings of anger. My intuition is always correct.

blablabla and end of that story. But even tho this sort of stuff is highly annoying, i still dont think badly about her.

Ghoul

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
huh
Cause they wanna know ya. They wanna feeeeeeeeeeel ya.

Mane

Permabanned

Please identify your intent out of one of the following:
1. Invoking those who will tell you how much they DO like you and how there's never any reason to hate you?
2. Incite negative feedback in order to reinforce sense of victimization & unity under group prosecution?
3. Genuinely understand how could anyone misunderstand you so easily to the point of actually disliking you?
4. Inspire some sort of conflict to mess around with the INFJs here, of whom you have no part of?
5. Other (Explain).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Please identify your intent out of one of the following:
1. Invoking those who will tell you how much they DO like you and how there's never any reason to hate you?
2. Incite negative feedback in order to reinforce sense of victimization & unity under group prosecution?
3. Genuinely understand how could anyone misunderstand you so easily to the point of actually disliking you?
4. Inspire some sort of conflict to mess around with the INFJs here, of whom you have no part of?
5. Other (Explain).

this sounds like my room mate well the first 3 steps, I dunno her type.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Wooot?
I love INFJs!

do they love you? [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] @other infj that i can't think of

I don't hate you, at least I don't think I do. I'm not INFJ my love means nothing in this post. Have a good day.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
do they love you? [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] @other infj that i can't think of

I don't hate you, at least I don't think I do. I'm not INFJ my love means nothing in this post. Have a good day.

Hell I'm not talking about any INFJs up here on this forum.
And yes, INFJs I've got to know in my life are lovely people.

Sure they do have their negative sides, but which type doesn't? I've seen people saying that they hate the INFJs they know in their lives for them being double standard, stubborn, selfish and in denial about it, egoistic, passive aggressive, so on so forth. But I have met INFPs, ENFPs, xSFPs, and other types with the exact issues.

I myself did the test several years ago and got INFJ as a result.

One thing I know about INFJs that differentiate them from INFPs is that they have much more discipline than us. But they are similar in ways that they are sensitive & vulnerable, so much that being aggressive and doorslamming people are what they do to protect themselves from getting hurt beyond repair. Also similar to INFPs, they have some very very strong personal values that they are not willing to share with or explain to just anyone. Affection, love, care and compromise are exclusive.

Of course assholes come from any type. Personally, I just feel that INFJs can be easily misunderstood and unhealthy INFJs are definitely not easy to deal with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hell I'm not talking about any INFJs up here on this forum.
And yes, INFJs I've got to know in my life are lovely people.

Sure they do have their negative sides, but which type doesn't? I've seen people saying that they hate the INFJs they know in their lives for them being double standard, stubborn, selfish and in denial about it, egoistic, passive aggressive, so on so forth. But I have met INFPs, ENFPs, xSFPs, and other types with the exact issues.

I myself did the test several years ago and got INFJ as a result.

One thing I know about INFJs that differentiate them from INFPs is that they have much more discipline than us. But they are similar in ways that they are sensitive, vulnerable, so much that being aggressive and doorslamming people is what they do to protect themselves from getting hurt beyond repair. Also similar to INFPs, they have some very very strong personal values that they are not willing to share with or explain to just anyone. Affection, love, care and compromise are exclusive.

Of course assholes come from any type. Personally, I just feel that INFJs can be easily misunderstood and unhealthy INFJs are definitely not easy to deal with.

the fact you got semi-offended at my joke proves stuff.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the fact you got semi-offended at my joke proves stuff.

It doesn't prove anything. :shock:
And I was not offended or semi-offended. :shock:
My response was meant to elaborate my statement in previous comment and it was not meant to exclusively respond to you.