User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 250

  1. #31
    Member olivetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Lol! Actually, I can agree with some of this. Most of the time we're oblivious to it, though, and it takes someone else pointing it out to us. But we can be so dang nice (or sensitive, take your pick) that people don't often tell this to our faces.

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    INFJ is a rare type, the rarest of all
    You certainly don't get that impression on the forum.

  3. #33
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Sure! Fe-mi-Ni-ists. Oh, wait. Maybe that's ENFJs, then.
    Well duh, how else can we justify this:

    .

    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #34
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    Fem in ist

    = ISTx

    Point destroyed
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  5. #35
    Chaser of Light Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Interesting question. The answer is as others have noted lies in the apparent rarity. Or rather all the things that come with such a state. They become a projection of the perfect woman, the rare woman who only you could capture an retain. Unfortunately the human imagination in its collective form is extremely limited, and so the traits of INFJs become entirely generic. We reduce them to the perfect standardised partner; the excellent listener, the empath who understands our needs without a word spoken (no need to develop those pesky communication skills.) The perfect feminine presence that neither emasculates nor condescends.

    The pendulum swings both ways though. The other side is that of the effigy burning. When the perfect partner is found to be imperfect, when one is found to be unsufficent to the task or unwanted at all. When one masks their pain, anger, and disdain under the guise of honest and objective thought. Nothing burns quite so hot as righteous fury.

    Perhaps one day we shall learn to face our inner demons without obfuscation. Hammer the axe of typology into a plow. But today, today I say let us burn a witch and rattle our cages to the spectacle.

  6. #36
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    It does happen online and it used to hurt me quite a bit, but I've managed to calibrate to it and find it a bit funny. Other types love to tell you who you are and that you are oblivious to yourself and never listen to anything you say. I know plenty of pitfalls with the type, but they don't tend to be widely guilty of a lot of what people say here. Everyone obsesses on "Fe" and the idea of "J". INFJs are not everyone's ex's and we aren't narcissists. Ni-doms do have an inclination to have bizarre inner constructs about reality that are free from normative thinking, so their truth values tend to be hit or miss. They internalize the biggest picture possible of reality, so it is easily prone to distortion because it is beyond comprehension. Ni also internalizes too much, so it can attribute significance where it isn't. Ti and Fi can dismiss relevant information that doesn't fit with their inner construct. INFJs can be distant in a lot of relationships, and there can be moments of unpredictability because of some likely inner complexities, but the type is both rare and highly individualistic, so all these generalizations that people make tend to be mixed up projections of their own personal lives. All of the introverted types tend to be individualistic and resistant to generalizations, although Si has a little more potential to be normative because it is based on individual experience which can be culturally shared.

    I tend to feel even more misunderstood online than irl, and yet I keep coming back. Ha. I think it is because I lurve me my evil INFJs cohorts. *smooooch*
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  7. #37
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Also people hate what they fear, and they fear what they don't understand.

    If you "hate" INFJs, try something new and listen.

    Edit: Part of the reason I sound persnickety about it is because of this weird history. The biggest reason it used to hurt me is because of my own personal life and context in which I've seen family members and friends who are introverted Feeler types (including more than just INFJ) be subjected to that exact dynamic. In relationships it is extremely common for one person to be causing harm (in my experience they have been INTPs, INTJs, ISTPs, and one INFP) and then projecting those exact faults onto their partner (my experience these were INFJ, ISFJ, INFP, and ISFP). It feels like that is what is happening online. The INFJs here are really awesome people that I've been friends with, so when I see people projecting these extreme faults they found in their own exes and projecting them in insistent and rude ways on the INFJs here who often respond by being very accommodating, then I can get really angry about it. When I push back and say the criticizer are wrong in this context about the INFJs here, it is the correct position (I rarely have certitude, but in this case, I do). It does need to stop, and it isn't unreasonable to ask that people listen to INFJ (or any other type) describe their self-awareness which should include both positive and negative tendencies.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes Sinmara liked this post

  8. #38
    Senior Member Amalie Muller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
    I saw an INFJ hate group earlier today and I really don't understand why people seem to really hate us. They said they saw us as fakes and we aren't we are real genuine people. Other types feel free to give your opinion on why you like or dislike us.
    Two reasons...

    1) They cook and eat their own babies. Well, most of the time.

    2) They pray to Akhalzekaa, the great lizard in the skies. This strange religion teaches that giving is better than receiving, we should be friendly and kind to others, and that all the knowledge you really need is already inside you, and you must look within to find it.

    Which is, of course, EVil. With a capital "E"! And "V".

  9. #39
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Also people hate what they fear, and they fear what they don't understand.
    Yes. There's a hilarious visceral backlash to a single set of two letters.

    Fe. Fe.


    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    When I push back and say the criticizer are wrong in this context about the INFJs here, it is the correct position (I rarely have certitude, but in this case, I do). It does need to stop, and it isn't unreasonable to ask that people listen to INFJ (or any other type) describe their self-awareness which should include both positive and negative tendencies.
    This. People should take most of their understanding from the horse's mouth, for God's sake. One knows their own perspective and experiences more so than anyone else does.

    Not that 'hatred' is always undeserved and that we all ought to hold hands around a campfire, but.. let's not immediately jump to the polar opposite.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  10. #40
    Senior Member Amalie Muller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Yes. There's a hilarious visceral backlash to a single set of two letters.

    Fe. Fe.



    This. People should take most of their understanding from the horse's mouth, for God's sake. One knows their own perspective and experiences more so than anyone else does.

    Not that 'hatred' is always undeserved and that we all ought to hold hands around a campfire, but.. let's not immediately jump to the polar opposite.
    I don't know... There is a value to hatred. It could give you that little bit extra you need to survive the imminent zombie apocalypse. So practicing hatred now, could be a real payoff later. I've already started hating Jews, Muslims, Christians, gingers, brunettes, salesmen, INFJs, INTJs, ice cream van drivers, ship captains and white-painted fences this week.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do you hate humanity?
    By Agent Jelly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:41 PM
  2. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. Why do religions hate gays so darn much?
    By Kasper in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 03:27 AM
  4. [NT] "Why do you hate me?"
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO