User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Permabanned

I'm not really a fan, closed minded God complex type of people.
    Likes five sounds, Dyslexxie liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm not really a fan, closed minded God complex type of people.
    That may include INTJ's into the "mix" ba dum tst

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I didn't realize INFJs were hated. I've met a couple of really irritating ones, but most of them are lovely people.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever
    That may include INTJ's into the "mix" ba dum tst
    That's way more an INTJ thing IMO.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes Forever liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I didn't realize INFJs were hated. I've met a couple of really irritating ones, but most of them are lovely people.

That's way more an INTJ thing IMO.

Even an ENTJ thing if you think about it.
    Likes Masokissed, SearchingforPeace liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I love INFJs usually. Some of the warmest deepest awarest people on earth at their best.

Also I bet there's an Internet hate group for every type. Good research project lol.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

This is a quote from mija now (quoting from Girl, Interrupted film) that it's established that I must literally be insane. Lol.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train was moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. ... Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.

Likes five sounds, Masokissed liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I love INFJs usually. Some of the warmest deepest awarest people on earth at their best.

Also I bet there's an Internet hate group for every type. Good research project lol.
    When I first heard of the INFJ personality type, it wasn't from a description, it was from a hate group. Indeed.

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Considering I can't sympathize with any of these supposed unhealthy INFJ problems, it makes me further doubt my INFJness... though maybe I'm the wrong kind of unhealthy? I certainly am not giving in to my inner ESTP, if anything, merely relying on my Ni Ti and malnourished Fe.

I don't assume I know everything and in fact doubt everything 100% of the time, whether it comes from me or someone else. If I do have some grand vision, I usually keep it to myself because I just assume everyone else knows what they want more than I do, and that it would be a waste of time to change everyone's ways of thinking. I can look down on others in my head for their "lower" ways of thinking, but simply acknowledge that they may have their own motives for how they live and I'm just being delusional in thinking that my own values are somehow worth more.

but hey I'm INTP now so I must not be affected by these problems anymore.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    When I first heard of the INFJ personality type, it wasn't from a description, it was from a hate group. Indeed.
    #jealous #whyareyousoobsessedwithme

^that's from INFJs
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

at times, we most benefit from having someone patiently sit with us, listen deep all the way thru the shame, and be there w real attention and steadiness to help encourage us to allow the huge circling/cycling thoughts to pass. worldviews are very heavy, if you feel like you (and we) have a responsibility to clean them.

there can be a bit of helpelessness too. you can see this sometimes in isfjs as well. we rely on group support kind of a lot, even if we do so in a way that is a behind the scenes, kind of secondary, sometimes passive role (which can mean having our needs met and taking responsibility to direct that process can be challenging when we really need to be direct in asking for help from others). some of it is a kind of fearfully lazy, learned kind. some is based on real challenge, especially in terms of directly taking control of a situation and effectively, addressing concerns, needed strategies, ways of responding, etc. isfjs usually have a bit easier time committing, bc they don't spend so much time organizing worlds of hypotheticals, which can be burdensome and, when not effectively transitioning back to the reality of the present, frustrate others for good reason. timing matters (which, to me, is definitely my tragic flaw, if i were to claim one).

sitting with a friend having help reality-testing things is something i value so much. trust makes a world of difference, and Fe at odds with dominant culture, really needs deeper qualities of trust with itself and others, bc without additional supports, for all intents and purposes, it IS broken, bc its fit with the habit of others is not helping but harming it (which, if it's bad on the outside, it's bc it's been really bad on the inside too for a long time, and those INTERNALIZED conflicts haven't been healed). in this sense, for us, especially when we're really dialed in, healing kind of assumes a better way of coming together with others, that it's never just us or just them, that the way we belong WITH the world is part of who we are.

^^^also why, to me, those baiting moments, irresponsible generalizations, and emotional outgassing attacks can feel really harmful, when there truly IS a destructive or dangerous energy i am working with and it is being triggered and then turned around as more "proof" of why i am bad in the first place. i think that's where there's a difference in expectation for consideration and responsibility that Fe/Fi can diverge upon, alone or together. we both sometimes want to just be like, c'mon! be constructive! either way, to me at least, whether the person on the other end of the line cares or not makes the biggest difference.

i mean, for myself, when particularly stressed i know i can get aloof, a bit jittery and frazzled, some tunnel vision action, and somewhat judgy and assuming. it can be off-putting, but my general tendency during those times is just to disappear anyway. some of those close to me, especially when my boundaries aren't disciplined enough, have felt more of my deeper internal push/pull.

with that in mind, this idea that **people like me** should be locked up bc we are dangerously self-absorbed is just so over-the-top. i am more likely to be cynical or fanciful or some mood-avoidant thing, but the harm i would do is more out of irrelevance than out of anything else. i have reacted out of anger before, and this is a different story. in those moments, it has been more harmful, where i actually wanted to prove people wrong, regardless of their experience and the cost to them. this is where, for me, that gut type, anger type, e8 shadow sometimes burns hot, and i need to own that better.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Masokissed, Starry liked this post