User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I'd say that only a small percentage of people I know are acquainted with MBTI. I tend to be more relaxed and open than pessimistic. I am "earthy," and natural, or so people tell me, and apparently, that has a disarming, peaceful effect on a lot of people. I'm not honey sweet or anything, just easy and comfortable to be around.
    Good to know I think also given that you have greater self-control can give people comfort in you. I do get random people telling their troubles to me, even though I know how they feel, I don't like to come across as phony because I may be in an entirely different situation currently.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    ... I and another user may have not liked her tactic but we resolved it nonetheless.
    Fe / Te distinction: Rex wasn't using any kind of "tactic" with you. What I'm seeing in here is an overreaction, triggered by generalized comments not intended to convey specificity on you as an individual. What comes up for you when I say that?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Hard, Dyslexxie liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Fe / Te distinction: Rex wasn't using any kind of "tactic" with you. What I'm seeing in here is an overreaction, triggered by generalized comments not intended to convey specificity on you as an individual. What comes up for you when I say that?
    Sorry okay maybe my definition for tactic isn't right, I'm not feeling the best to start hurting other members because I need to prove myself on sheer logic. I think I understand it was best to not involve myself in the first place because I didn't properly introduce why I exploded in the first place, I understand myself better and it's not worth explaining when I'm still vulnerable and upset and the reason is NOT listed in these recent posts here.

But the likes have been tossed on all sides and there is a victor. I'm not here to look for hidden spoils. I just want peace.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Sorry okay maybe my definition for tactic isn't right, I'm not feeling the best to start hurting other members because I need to prove myself on sheer logic. I think I understand it was best to not involve myself in the first place because I didn't properly introduce why I exploded in the first place, I understand myself better and it's not worth explaining when I'm still vulnerable and upset and the reason is NOT listed in these recent posts here.

But the likes have been tossed on all sides and there is a victor. I'm not here to look for hidden spoils. I just want peace.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Forever liked this post

It's probably the horse they ride; it is known to be a bit too high.

Holy shit @PeaceBaby.

However, from what I have noticed they are really goodhearted, well intentioned people and are generally empathetic and kind.

The male INFJs however, are usually retardedly insane. Quite a few of them grow up probably feeling that they don't belong in the body of a man. This probably leads them to form mental barriers of mental reactions that come across as either reclusive, try hard (some pretend to be EXTXs) or just plain weird.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Maybe the thread title is misleading. Should say "Why do people hate unhealthy INFJs" or "Why do people hate pretentious, self-righteous people who claim to be INFJs"

That might eliminate a lot of potential butthurt and misunderstanding.
    Likes Forever, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    It's probably the horse they ride; it is known to be a bit too high.

Holy shit @PeaceBaby.
    I hear you.

However, from what I have noticed they are really goodhearted, well intentioned people and are generally empathetic and kind.

The male INFJs however, are usually retardedly insane. Quite a few of them grow up probably feeling that they don't belong in the body of a man. This probably leads them to form mental barriers of mental reactions that come across as either reclusive, try hard (some pretend to be EXTXs) or just plain weird.
    Why are you saying that about male INFJs though? @Forever is a guy, so he's going to think you're pointing that comment straight at him. I think he'd prefer getting kicked by my horse than being struck by your comment, unless it's totally tongue-in-cheek. And if it is intended that way, holy shit, it's not that obvious.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Forever liked this post

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post

That said, like I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I can see why your identification with your type could make this feel like such a personal attack, and I did apologize for that. It nonetheless doesn't change the experiences that I've had with INFJs, nor what I believe about unhealthy people of that type as a result of it.
    First, yes, we can be phenomenal pains in the asses in much the way WUR described. There's quite a bit of questionable 'feedback' about INFJs in this forum, but I do think the initial post that started this spate of bickering is actually more based on reality than the usual reason. But I don't think this (bolded) is necessarily the reason Forever is getting wound up. And- even supposing the bolded were true- it's never really productive to post assumptions about why someone else is doing something.

eta: Point being, you are baiting, however inadvertently. /eta

Unhealthy INFJ's can be just as shitty as any other unhealthy type.

/hateover
    I've been saying this, ever since I joined really- it actually is mindbogglingly infuriating to deal with batshit INFJs. I think, actually, that all NFs and ENTPs have their own distinct potential for being exceptionally, stunningly manipulative in their own way. The ego has amazing ways of protecting itself, and I think being an N can make those narratives even more creative. And NTJs- they do get equally as "shitty", but they don't really get manipulative (largely because they can't be bothered to pay enough attention to how people work to figure out how to manipulate), they just get directly mean.

But the point is- they're not wrong. I've had INFJs- that I actually considered friends- pull absolutely bizarre *magic messages* from between the lines of things I said like no other 'type'. It was more about their past- they were either projecting or combining their past (childhood, likely) experience with my words, and the product was so completely disorienting that I'm still stunned. For more reasons than I'm willing to type out here, but probably mostly because their conviction- that they heard what they think they heard, without beginning to realize how much their own imagination added- was so solid and impermeable that it was pointless to even try to point it out to them. <- That only has happened with other INFJs.

Don't get me wrong- I personally actually find NFP and ENTP manipulation of shared reality (to protect the ego) to be the most baiting and offensive. But what Rex is saying- there's a lot of truth to it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes Starry, JocktheMotie, cascadeco, Forever liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Why are you saying that about male INFJs though? @Forever is a guy, so he's going to think you're pointing that comment straight at him. I think he'd prefer getting kicked by my horse than being struck by your comment, unless it's totally tongue-in-cheek. And if it is intended that way, holy shit, it's not that obvious.
    Because I have noticed it over and over again. I was being quite harsh when I said retardedly insane. Perhaps I should have said insanely-conflicted instead.

This is the second time today I said that.

INFJ women on the otherhand are quite lucky. It's as though, they have blessed been with every trait a man stereotypically expects from a woman. Feminine (I would argue that they are the most feminine type), empathetic, well mannered, polite, intuitive (people might call it a woman's intuition), gentle regarding feelings of others etc etc..

It's only when you get close to them you'd realize that they ride a high horse. However, some (if not most) are quite good at keeping it under control. Perhaps they know - being quite introspective - that they have standards a bit too high and that they should not mistake their hypersensitivity to be rudeness of others.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

INFJs have a particular set of skills that make them especially noxious when they're broken and simultaneously inured to any sort of moderating outside influences.

People like them are the reason mental institutions were invented in the first place.
    Again, that's not the point.

If someone said in a thread that was about why people disliked ENTJs "ENTJs can be massive dicks when they're unbalanced." I wouldn't immediately assume that a) that I was the ENTJ that was being discussed, b) that the other person was out of line for saying what they said, or c) I'd need the other person to admit their own flaws to acknowledge the validity of their viewpoint.

All that c) accomplishes is to shift the focus of the conversation in such a way to make it appear that the other party lacks the "credibility" to make any sort of claim to begin with. It's controlling the conversation and it's utterly irrelevant to the point that's being discussed.

That said, like I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I can see why your identification with your type could make this feel like such a personal attack, and I did apologize for that. It nonetheless doesn't change the experiences that I've had with INFJs, nor what I believe about unhealthy people of that type as a result of it.
    If you had stopped at the bolded in your first quote, I would agree that your first quote is equivalent to the bolded being said about ENTJs in your second quote. Adding your opinion about "People like them are the reason mental institutions were invented in the first place." was insulting and took your valid criticism into an unnecessary emotional arena, imo. *Perhaps your inferior Fi having its say?

*ETA: I ask this about inferior Fi as a valid question. I'm trying to see if this is why that particular communication stung so much.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Forever liked this post