User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 250

  1. #121
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I think that if most of the INFJs I've known could have owned their shit a bit better, then they would have had a better chance at actualizing a real potential for greatness that some of them possess. I've always admired ... blah blah blah shaming stuff.
    I'm not cool with the fact that you've named names in here. Not sure of your purpose in doing so, but I can't see anything good coming out of that. Probably better to stick with general comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    "Your Ni in aux makes you so not twisted as me."
    Well, it does change the focal length of the lens.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes magpie, Forever, Starry liked this post

  2. #122
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I think you don't understand, saying one type is worse than everybody else is entirely bogus. It's like an -ism is what you pointed out that made me lose my shit. Yeah I know I have mistakes and problems of my own I need to work out and hell, I believe I adapted to other types A LOT more because I understand we as a minority need to work with the majority to get to places. Stop trying to attack me like you know what I meant. Blaming others so I can get away from my own was not what I meant. So please. Continue to tell how fucked up we are, but don't let it get personal.

    Don't you have Ni in YOUR stack too? It seems like you're only hurting yourself. You make no mention of your type as an ENTJ? Stop acting like you know better and transcended of your mistakes either. Te can be a big fucker as well. Inferior Te can shove shit down your throat. Too much extraversion without your "crazy" Ni to balance it is just as diseased, friend.

    LAST THING: what would be my "appropriate" response to your attack or -isms?

    "Oh yeah of course wind up Rex, I know I am so messed up in the head by birth and only you can correct it for me by your ever so wise guidance. I will continue to be inferior until I die or have been approved by your opinion because you obviously know what's true. Your Ni in aux makes you so not twisted as me."
    You do see the irony in this post, right? Like, you're literally doing everything I just talked about.

    I don't dislike you, fwiw. I've just seen a lot of the worst of INFJs and am being honest about what I've seen. That's the subject of the thread. If you wanna start a thread about how everyone is actually terrible so INFJs shouldnt be accountable for their own behavior, then you're welcome to do so.

    I'd also like to point out that for all that @SearchingforPeace is liking everything you're saying, I managed to stay on reasonably good terms with him despite how openly he loathes Te. It sort of is what it is, and Ive never taken it personally as our interactions have been mostly positive.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Codex liked this post

  3. #123
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIjade View Post
    I'm one of those "INFJ fuck-ups" as you seem to see it, that you are talking about in your post. But make no mistake, whoever you are, I am not blind to my darkness. I know very well about all that I hold inside me. So, yeah, I think in terms of light, but respond with a lot of dark.
    Then you and I would likely have no problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I'm not cool with the fact that you've named names in here. Not sure of your purpose in doing so, but I can't see anything good coming out of that. Probably better to stick with general comments.
    I was responding to a post that he had made and felt it illustrated my point. It wasn't a random comment. It seems to piss them off more when I make comments about unhealthy INFJs in general as they all immediately assume I'm talking about them anyways. Nonetheless, point taken.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Codex liked this post

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    You do see the irony in this post, right? Like, you're literally doing everything I just talked about.

    I don't dislike you, fwiw. I've just seen a lot of the worst of INFJs and am being honest about what I've seen. That's the subject of the thread. If you wanna start a thread about how everyone is actually terrible so INFJs shouldnt be accountable for their own behavior, then you're welcome to do so.

    I'd also like to point out that for all that @SearchingforPeace is liking everything you're saying, I managed to stay on reasonably good terms with him despite how openly he loathes Te. It sort of is what it is, and Ive never taken it personally as our interactions have been mostly positive.
    If you're going to ignore and filter what I'm saying, I'm no longer going to argue with you.

    Do you think I haven't noticed that @Dyslexxie liked your post too (who I'm not sure if she just dropped, I swear I was VERY explicit with her when I said that if there's anything wrong, let me know, and yet she keeps saying that it's pretty positive that I'm too nice to hurt her? Not that I excuse myself to, but I think people are just going to expect you're going to know everything wrong you're (as in general, not specifically YOU) doing. I see myself as really self-aware but not perfect.

    Literally everything? You're doing the same too, hon. We're both messed in the heads.

  5. #125
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Well, there are NFJ's I really really like, and I am very good friends with (and have been for 10+ years), and there are NFJ's I really really dislike. With the ones I dislike, it's if they have any element of know-it-all'ism, forcing worldview, 'I know exactly what you're thinking and am going to assert my superiority and people skills that far surpass yours and I know you far better than you know yourself', or just plain are so stuck in their heads that they lose any semblance of reality and logic. There seem to be some extremes.

    That said, we could of course start 15 more threads for each other type -- 'Why INTP's suck and I hate them', 'Why ISFP's are annoying and crazy', and so on.

    Every type will of course have their own version of unbalanced and crazy. But there are specific reasons for why INFJ's are disliked. (Just like there will probably be specific reasons for all other 15 types)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes N/A, FutureInProgress liked this post

  6. #126
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    If you're going to ignore and filter what I'm saying, I'm no longer going to argue with you.

    Do you think I haven't noticed that @Dyslexxie liked your post too (who I'm not sure if she just dropped, I swear I was VERY explicit with her when I said that if there's anything wrong, let me know, and yet she keeps saying that it's pretty positive that I'm too nice to hurt her? Not that I excuse myself to, but I think people are just going to expect you're going to know everything wrong you're (as in general, not specifically YOU) doing. I see myself as really self-aware but not perfect.

    Literally everything? You're doing the same too, hon. We're both messed in the heads.
    Again, that's not the point.

    If someone said in a thread that was about why people disliked ENTJs "ENTJs can be massive dicks when they're unbalanced." I wouldn't immediately assume that a) that I was the ENTJ that was being discussed, b) that the other person was out of line for saying what they said, or c) I'd need the other person to admit their own flaws to acknowledge the validity of their viewpoint.

    All that c) accomplishes is to shift the focus of the conversation in such a way to make it appear that the other party lacks the "credibility" to make any sort of claim to begin with. It's controlling the conversation and it's utterly irrelevant to the point that's being discussed.

    That said, like I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I can see why your identification with your type could make this feel like such a personal attack, and I did apologize for that. It nonetheless doesn't change the experiences that I've had with INFJs, nor what I believe about unhealthy people of that type as a result of it.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Dyslexxie, JocktheMotie, Codex liked this post

  7. #127
    Dope& diamonds. Dyslexxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    If you're going to ignore and filter what I'm saying, I'm no longer going to argue with you.

    Do you think I haven't noticed that @Dyslexxie liked your post too (who I'm not sure if she just dropped, I swear I was VERY explicit with her when I said that if there's anything wrong, let me know, and yet she keeps saying that it's pretty positive that I'm too nice to hurt her? Not that I excuse myself to, but I think people are just going to expect you're going to know everything wrong you're (as in general, not specifically YOU) doing. I see myself as really self-aware but not perfect.

    Literally everything? You're doing the same too, hon. We're both messed in the heads.
    I don't think most of us were airing grievances about anyone in particular - I for one wasn't referring to a person in particular so I don't know why you took it that way. The original comment I liked also was a generalization which wasn't addressed to you or anyone else as far as I know, so I don't know why you're causing unnecessary drama with me out of nothing. Chill out with the passive aggressive shit and deleted comments.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    INFJs have a particular set of skills that make them especially noxious when they're broken and simultaneously inured to any sort of moderating outside influences.

    People like them are the reason mental institutions were invented in the first place.
    I would ask that you carefully analyze your first response before my rage and step outside of yourself or even in an INFJ's shoes. There were no "some" or "those that I have encountered" or any of the like. That was like well hmm I am an INFJ, I must clearly be institutionalized should I make a mistake.

    I could reinterpret your quote should I be really forgiving of it, of seeing "well I could use those 'skills' but I'll chose not to."

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Again, that's not the point.

    If someone said in a thread that was about why people disliked ENTJs "ENTJs can be massive dicks when they're unbalanced." I wouldn't immediately assume that a) that I was the ENTJ that was being discussed, b) that the other person was out of line for saying what they said, or c) I'd need the other person to admit their own flaws to acknowledge the validity of their viewpoint.

    All that c) accomplishes is to shift the focus of the conversation in such a way to make it appear that the other party lacks the "credibility" to make any sort of claim to begin with. It's controlling the conversation and it's utterly irrelevant to the point that's being discussed.

    That said, like I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I can see why your identification with your type could make this feel like such a personal attack, and I did apologize for that. It nonetheless doesn't change the experiences that I've had with INFJs, nor what I believe about unhealthy people of that type as a result of it.
    That knocks off: a) with your first quote.

    But thank you for the apology. And I cannot deny your experiences with others.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    I don't think most of us were airing grievances about anyone in particular - I for one wasn't referring to a person in particular so I don't know why you took it that way. The original comment I liked also was a generalization which wasn't addressed to you or anyone else as far as I know, so I don't know why you're causing unnecessary drama with me out of nothing. Chill out with the passive aggressive shit and deleted comments.
    I only deleted my response to you because it could've offended you (I care about your feelings, but I also want to get to the bottom of how people really feel about me). Are you saying I'm the passive aggressive one or am I overanalyzing that you're being passive aggressive?

  10. #130
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    INFJs have a particular set of skills that make them especially noxious when they're broken and simultaneously inured to any sort of moderating outside influences.

    People like them are the reason mental institutions were invented in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I would ask that you carefully analyze your first response before my rage and step outside of yourself or even in an INFJ's shoes. There were no "some" or "those that I have encountered" or any of the like. That was like well hmm I am an INFJ, I must clearly be institutionalized should I make a mistake.
    If we're doing this, I'd like to call attention to the use of the word "when" in this sentence. It is a conjunction that indicates that the rest of the statement will be valid if some condition is met.

    Another way to state that post would be that, "If an INFJ is unhealthy, then they'll display xyz such a behavior." The statement, therefore, doesn't apply to you unless you're unhealthy, and I didn't assume all INFJs were unhealthy when I made that comment.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Similar Threads

  1. Why do you hate humanity?
    By Agent Jelly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:41 PM
  2. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. Why do religions hate gays so darn much?
    By Kasper in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 03:27 AM
  4. [NT] "Why do you hate me?"
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO