User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    another thing i feel pretty confident in generalizing about, that speaks to my experience in a very deep way and seems to be illustrated through the concept of N pretty clearly, is that i do naturally identify with my dreams more than i identify with reality. this is where my consciousness begins, and so i am usually dreaming in some sense. for me as Ni, there is a strong sense of identifying with the meaning of things more than with the moment (and its constitutive interactive elements).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    But is the hatred directed at said INFJ because they are an INFJ? I seriously doubt anybody hates a particular personality type enough to hate someone just for that reason.

I see threads popping up a lot where somebody looks to MBTI differences as a way of explaining weird behaviour in others. While I am happy to jokingly indulge for a while for shock value, being serious:

I know some INFJs who are easy going and don't have much wrong with them. I have also had the misfortune to meet one who was seriously screwed up. When somebody in my life started behaving strangely, MBTI was not the tool I needed to diagnose the problem. While I think MBTI is useful in understanding a person's personality holistically (especially if they are healthy), it can easily be muddied by depression and other mental health issues.
    I don't see anyone saying the highlighted. MBTI is useful in helping to explain differences. It often shows why behavior that might seem weird to me is actually ordinary and even reasonable, given how a different type tends to process information and relate to the world. It's like the title of that book: "I'm not crazy, I'm just not you".

Yes, any type can be screwed up, or a great friend, or a self-serving jackass. They will tend to manifest these conditions in different ways, though, and one person's normal can easily be another person's troubled state. This is the premise of my second interpretation of the INFJ question. One can certainly unravel all of this without any typology system. It's just a tool that helps some people in doing it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    It could be a judging issue, I could see that. I also don't think a lot of types would notice when an INFJ does it, unless they're constantly watching for it. Most of the time our need to help comes with the natural flow of conversation - and when we think people are unconsciously looking for answers to their questions. I don't personally try to press my assumptions on people unless I think they want or need insights. But I do get thrown a bit when I think people are asking for advice or help, and they're really not.

I think the OPs description of INFJs was a bit strong, but that's because I don't think any type can be "hated" per se. I think misunderstood is more likely, but misunderstanding can grow into frustration, which can then transform into anger. But hate? I think people may "hate" individuals, but I don't get the idea of hating a whole group of people who happen to share personalities. To me, that's like hating an entire ethnic group.
    Okay, that was really stupid of me haha... because my answer was sorta coming from a place of "if the INFJ is pissed that you didn't heed their advice - that will be obvious to you" (not obvious = not pissed.) Grandmother, mother, sister, ex <-these four occasionally cause me to forget that many NFJs value harmony all the time and not just when they themselves are in a harmonious mood... and will not readily express their blinding rage discontent.

Honestly, with how much concern and thoughtfulness goes into these kinds of things prior to you guys putting forth suggestions for improvement/advice...I would be obviously, externally pissed if someone didn't at least try my idea but rather continued to complain? omg. I'm so glad I don't focus on problems at all. Mine or anybody else's

disclaimer: while everything I say above is 100% true...I'm purposely being weird haha (I'm in total control of my weirdness at all times.) I really appreciate the response.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Okay, that was really stupid of me haha... because my answer was sorta coming from a place of "if the INFJ is pissed that you didn't heed their advice - that will be obvious to you" (not obvious = not pissed.) Grandmother, mother, sister, ex <-these four occasionally cause me to forget that many NFJs value harmony all the time and not just when they themselves are in a harmonious mood... and will not readily express their blinding rage discontent.

Honestly, with how much concern and thoughtfulness goes into these kinds of things prior to you guys putting forth suggestions for improvement/advice...I would be obviously, externally pissed if someone didn't at least try my idea but rather continued to complain? omg. I'm so glad I don't focus on problems at all. Mine or anybody else's

disclaimer: while everything I say above is 100% true...I'm purposely being weird haha (I'm in total control of my weirdness at all times.) I really appreciate the response.
    No worries! It's all good. I think for me, I try to keep my anger under wraps for a while, because I start making a lot of assumptions about why the person might or might not have taken my advice. I don't get mad unless I really think someone did it on purpose. But if someone kept complaining on and on after they have some advice on how to change? I'll start asking why they decided not to take the advice. Eventually I'll tune them out, if I don't think they're listening to me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I have never seen that.

If it's out there, though; it might have to do with that there's some bullshit ranting and raving against Fe in general. Wouldn't be surprised if INFJs were a consequential casualty, but I can't see them being the main target.

I have actually seen that sort of behavior in groups, which prompted me to do a google search on that particular topic..

In that certain situation it had taken me awhile to realize exactly what was going on with these people, although it was obvious BS (as you stated)..It was more than just the average bullying, they were very proud self proclaimed narcissists and borderlines. Even so, the reason still eludes me as to what precisely it is about our personality type that puts us smack into their cross hairs, and what fuels these type of people to be hell bent on destroying the ones that they target.

Is it just about looking for a scapegoat (in their situation)? Finding someone to fuel their supply or feed their energy source? Or just an easier target, taking advantage of our natural humanitarian natures...? Who knows, lol...

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

when the e side of anything takes control over the shared reality in a way that is suffocating, demanding, or frustrating for the i side of that function, it's fucking annoying.

things i don't like:
    Ne only definitions of creativity (especially with respect to being stuck in only one perspective or demanding that we must assume a random and chaotic universe is more real than an ordered one, when the randomness is the imposition of temporal perspective)
    Te logistics over accurate descriptions breeding the needed/missing questions (like woooah, just bc you started making something faster than everyone else doesn't mean you should get to control this entire process!!!)

Fe can have that imposition of attitude without actually inquiring further, at times moralizing it, and that absence of real curiosity definitely warrants frustration. i feel like i should get friends nerf footballs to throw to/at me just in case. usually tho, a simple "wait--hear me," does the trick. easier with women friends than men friends. i value that extra feedback too, bc that way of being doesn't actually contribute to something really valuable very often unless i'm in a pretty focused place where i can pay attention to my own needs and give what i can in a less ego-centric, personality driven way.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshi-San View Post
    INFJ is a rare type, the rarest of all, so chances are there are some people that just don't understand them. They're mysterious and to an extent and appear closed off or secretive, or way too idealistic at their WORST, but that is absolutely no reason to hate them. Some people are close minded idiots and can't see past any potential negatives - INFJs are often intelligent, caring, artistic, and truly interesting to get to know. Not all INFJs are the same, so it's irritating there was a generalization made against all of them.
    It is not, there are more infjs than you think
    In order for society to survive, we must all pitch in and cooperate with one another, split the resources fairly.
    If we get greedy, everything will fall apart
    The main reason why there is no long peace is because everything is set and stone.
    Another is that resources are limited and the ones who had the most goes bad because they are in control.

I don't hate INFJs or any other type, but I have found the people I have the worst personality clashes with are most commonly INFJs. I found that especially with the younger types, there's this extreme degree of emotional jerking off where they play off of feelings they might not even truly understand, and try to force these upon others with an air of experience and depth - something they clearly haven't achieved yet. Of course there are many who resist their emotional babble, which the INFJs will take as offense and become passive aggressive and condescending from the basis of their self-verified emotional superiority. Throw my ENTP impatience and intolerance from romanticizing of feelings that don't really exist (or feelings in general) into the mix, and you'll get a dramatic INFJ and a pissed off ENTP.
    Likes Hard, Wind Up Rex, JocktheMotie liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

INFJs have a particular set of skills that make them especially noxious when they're broken and simultaneously inured to any sort of moderating outside influences.

People like them are the reason mental institutions were invented in the first place.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Unhealthy INFJ's can be just as shitty as any other unhealthy type.

/hateover
    Likes Starry liked this post