• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti vs. Te <split>

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Split from Mistyped Memberz.

If BlueWing is an INTJ, where's Ni?

As an extra thought: where is his Te? When TJ types make an argument they get to the point quickly. They generally don't spell out their entire reasoning process like BlueWing does. BlueWing is Ti overload.

Eric B said:
I'm wondering why again, people are saying BW lacks Ne. Someone may have mentioned it before, but I forgot.

I'm one of the people who has said it. For an xNTP, Ne can take all of their thoughts and boil them down into a shorter form that is easy to understand while preserving the essence of the argument. BlueWing doesn't do that very well. He shares his entire thought process with you. That is one clear way that his Ne is underdeveloped.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As an extra thought: where is his Te? When TJ types make an argument they get to the point quickly. They generally don't spell out their entire reasoning process like BlueWing does. BlueWing is Ti overload.

That's a good question. I guess people equate Te with lacking finesse, sort of like a big ol' military tank. I can see some of this in BlueWing's posts, but they still don't get to the point quickly at all.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's a good question. I guess people equate Te with lacking finesse, sort of like a big ol' military tank. I can see some of this in BlueWing's posts, but they still don't get to the point quickly at all.
Te: what CliffsNotes are all about!!! ;)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Te is kind of like a tank. It lacks finesse only because tanks don't need finesse. :) If Te lacks finesse, it's only so the point can be made quickly without time being wasted. Ti is usually less efficient than Te. Ti is more about careful reasoning than efficient reasoning.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Te is kind of like a tank. It lacks finesse only because tanks don't need finesse. :) If Te lacks finesse, it's only so the point can be made quickly without time being wasted. Ti is usually less efficient than Te. Ti is more about careful reasoning than efficient reasoning.
Ti is :zzz: and meandering.

Whenever I read a Ti dominant writer I want to scream!!!

"Get to the effin' point!!!!"

Ti ~ Legalese

Te ~ Summareze :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti is :zzz: and meandering.

Whenever I read a Ti dominant writer I want to scream!!!

"Get to the effin' point!!!!"

Ti ~ Legalese

Te ~ Summareze :D

Unforunately, your impatience probably results in you missing a lot of small, but crucial points, which causes the discussion to degrade into mischaracterizations and back-tracking.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Unforunately, your impatience probably results in you missing a lot of small, but crucial points, which causes the discussion to degrade into mischaracterizations and back-tracking.
MP.

You need to honestly check yourself.

You have explicitly taken numerous pot-shots at me in the past week.

redacted

one good thing to say about Te, though, is that it's relevant.

i functions are thorough at the expense of relevance
e functions are relevant at the expense of thoroughness.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
AKA thorough.

AKA shallow and incomplete.
If by "thorough" you mean convoluted and redundant, and by "shallow and incomplete" you mean concise and clear, then yeah, I totally agree!! ;)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
one good thing to say about Te, though, is that it's relevant.

i functions are thorough at the expense of relevance
e functions are relevant at the expense of thoroughness.

Relevance is not an inherent sacrifice of thoroughness.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Te is a tank while Ti is a dentist's drill.

I wouldn't want somebody pointing a tank's gun at my mouth, but then again, I wouldn't want a to be a soldier sent to the front lines with just a dentist's drill, either.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
If by "thorough" you mean convoluted and redundant, and by "shallow and incomplete" you mean concise and clear, then yeah, I totally agree!! ;)

Convoluted perhaps, but sadly for Te-s, life is full of convoluted systems. Te refuses to pick apart the situation as it's actually happening to identify axioms and plan around them. Instead it uses whatever vague surface terms are available and forces things or people to accommodate its strict, often unwieldy, and even false formulations.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Convoluted perhaps, but sadly for Te-s, life is full of convoluted systems. Te refuses to pick apart the situation as it's actually happening to identify axioms and plan around them. Instead it uses whatever vague surface terms are available and forces things or people to accommodate.
:zzz:

HAHAHA, I literally just yawned. ;)

redacted

i think it is. Ti people spend a bunch of time thinking things through and trying to be exact and precise, while Te people weigh the current options and pick the best one.

Ti people do have an advantage when the same system fails twice, because they've figured it out before, but that's less efficient than just solving problems as they come up.

i know i have a bunch of "how stuff works in depth" entries in my memory that i will never use again.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Te is a tank while Ti is a dentist's drill.

I wouldn't want somebody pointing a tank's gun at my mouth, but then again, I wouldn't want a to be a soldier sent to the front lines with just a dentist's drill, either.

Heh, actually in military terms I'd say Te is a tank and Ti is a sniper rifle. In most military situations a tank is going to be more useful than a sniper rifle, but there are going to be times when it's better to trade off raw power for precision.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heh, actually in military terms I'd say Te is a tank and Ti is a sniper rifle. In most military situations a tank is going to be more useful than a sniper rifle, but there are going to be times when it's better to trade off raw power for precision.

Didn't we already decide a while ago that Ne was a grenade and Ni was a sniper rifle? :shock:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Exactly, and relevance is in the eye of the beholder anyway. Since extroverts and introverts are oriented differently, it follows that they would find different things relevant.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i think it is. Ti people spend a bunch of time thinking things through and trying to be exact and precise, while Te people weigh the current options and pick the best one.
Dude you have it exactly backwards.

Te has no concept of "current situational options" 'cause those current situational options are ALL provided by extraverted perception.

Te uses conventional metrics to objectify their introverted (non situational 'cause non-objective) perceptions. Te makes a rule like "the LCD has to be 2.1 inches" where Ti says "let's use the smallest LCD we have"