• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti vs. Te <split>

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thou shalt not take the NT observation personally.

Alright, alright: :hug: .

Thanks. :)
How would you explain your particular writing style?

Well, it's about communication. I try very hard to articulate myself in a fairly standard way in order to make sure I'm understood clearly. I try to make it seem fairly "neutral" in order to avoid giving it too much of a flavor that detracts from the message. I have no idea how many people from different countries or such will be reading it, after all. Also, I don't want to intimidate or alienate all the INTs (they are the lifeblood of these forums, really) with too much emotional expression, so I'm deliberately trying to tone it down a bit. If you communicated with me in PM or IM, and especially in person, you'd probably notice a very different style emerge.

I probably also want the things I say to be respected and paid attention to rather than dismissed as a pure emotional reaction, and I fear that NTs would likely do that if I weren't careful. There's also the consideration that I'm very sheltered and haven't had as many interactions with people as I'd like due to being homeschooled and having an Introverted parent who never pressured me to go anywhere at all growing up (still kind of anxious/self-conscious about being in public, honestly), and thus my Fe probably is fairly weak in comparison to other INFJs. On top of that, I often come to a forum rather than an individual when I'm in the mood to discuss things in a more serious manner.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. :)

Well, it's about communication. I try very hard to articulate myself in a fairly standard way in order to make sure I'm understood clearly. I try to make it seem fairly "neutral" in order to avoid giving it too much of a flavor that detracts from the message. I have no idea how many people from different countries or such will be reading it, after all. Also, I don't want to intimidate or alienate all the INTs (they are the lifeblood of these forums, really) with too much emotional expression, so I'm deliberately trying to tone it down a bit. If you communicated with me in PM or IM, and especially in person, you'd probably notice a very different style emerge.

I probably also want the things I say to be respected and paid attention to rather than dismissed as a pure emotional reaction, and I fear that NTs would likely do that if I weren't careful. There's also the consideration that I'm very sheltered and haven't had as many interactions with people as I'd like due to being homeschooled and having an Introverted parent who never pressured me to go anywhere at all growing up (still kind of anxious/self-conscious about being in public, honestly), and thus my Fe probably is fairly weak in comparison to other INFJs. On top of that, I often come to a forum rather than an individual when I'm in the mood to discuss things in a more serious manner.

You hang around the wrong NTs. We aren't all robots.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
An observation: BW reminds me of athenian200, they are both excessively dry in their writing. Both claim to be Ti users and both have also been put into the Te camp...but...where is the Ne and the Ni?

Also, when I am naturally obsessed with making sure that at no point in my argument I contradict myself/can be interpreted as contradicting myself or do things that upset the argument's logic and try to make sure I have as many logical possibilites covered as I can think of, is that Te at work or Ti?
Te.
Ti is natural and not neurotic about it.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Te.
Ti is natural and not neurotic about it.

We have one vote for Ti and one for Te. Please elaborate.

I think the first part of the description might be Te and the latter more indicative of Ti. It seems to start out with trying to make sure everything is logical and then seeing possibilities that lead me to new ones and leave me overwhelmed.

See:
Often the possibilities overwhelm me and I feel that I can never reproduce them and the endless movement they can put into motion in words.

It is the same I have with Ni, only Ni is more out of the blue and poetical...I've been known to write 13-line sentences because it just rolled out like that.

I'm also insanely aware of inconsistencies in other people's argument and find some of the theoretical articles I read to be sloppy.

I always assumed the first part to be Ti and the last to be Te.