User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 145

  1. #61
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I was going by the Myers-Briggs/Jungian definition.
    I command you to stop.

    SW/BW's writing is more based on questioning (Ti), whereas a Te (or Te auxiliary) would be more directive.
    The directions...

    No wait.... Guff's right. This thread is stupid.

    Someone close it shut as tight as the minds of the people posting in it.


    Oops I shouldn't say that -- someone might catch on that I'm ENTJ
    we fukin won boys

  2. #62
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You know, because we can't come to an agreement here, I'm pretty sure this signifies that we have an assload of mistyped people here.
    Oh, very true.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    An INTJ would probably get his point across much more concisely than SolitaryWalker/BlueWing does. There is more of a Ti structure in his writing. He provides sound reasoning in his posts.
    When someone says "sound reasoning" I usually hear "extraverted thinking"

  4. #64
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread is horribly wrong for the most part. First the House thread, now here.

    Ti sorts and comes up with the cleanest organization.

    To quote: "Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point."
    Yes Ti chooses words carefully. (This is what I've been saying the whole time. :rolli If a xxTP type uses one sentence then it appears to the reader to get exactly to the point. If you string a whole lot of these sentences together though some people can become confused, because a lot of the subtler meaning is lost in the large quantity of ideas. In other words a lot of Ti sentences put together become difficult to understand, because the focus is on precision rather than making the writing easy to understand.

    This is exactly what a BlueWing post is like. He clearly chooses his words carefully. For example he started a thread once, "How to agonize people". A lot of people responded that he should have typed "antagonize" instead of "agonize". But he always meant "agonize". He chose his word so carefully that it confused people.

    Also to quote: "In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization."

    Te lays out all the steps. Not Ti.
    I think you missed the part of that quote that says the reasoning is easy to follow. Te uses bulletpoints, flow charts, etc.... It puts things in a format that is easy to follow, which is the exact opposite of a BlueWing post.

    Yes, long, excruciating reasoning is the EXACT definition of Ti I posted above.

    INTPc is full of this!
    You seem to be saying that INTP's are never wordy. Look at various people's blogs and see which tend to be the wordiest. Jennifer's blog is pretty wordy. If you look at many INxP blogs they are quite wordy. This is typical when introverted judgement is the dominant function and intuition is the auxiliary. In contrast look at the blogs of the various NTJ's. Often if the posts get long they are spelled out in some type of list so they are easy to read. Other than that they are often pretty short. Better yet read most of the posts made by Maveric or htb on this site. They are usually pretty short and Te is their dominant function.

    In writing INxP's can be very wordy, especially if they are posting their original thoughts about something rather than responding to what someone else has said.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  5. #65
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Yes Ti chooses words carefully. (This is what I've been saying the whole time. :rolli If a xxTP type uses one sentence then it appears to the reader to get exactly to the point. If you string a whole lot of these sentences together though some people can become confused, because a lot of the subtler meaning is lost in the large quantity of ideas. In other words a lot of Ti sentences put together become difficult to understand, because the focus is on precision rather than making the writing easy to understand.

    This is exactly what a BlueWing post is like. He clearly chooses his words carefully. For example he started a thread once, "How to agonize people". A lot of people responded that he should have typed "antagonize" instead of "agonize". But he always meant "agonize". He chose his word so carefully that it confused people.
    That's the problem. Ti doesn't string sentence after sentence after sentence. It's boiling the ideas down to concise words... not a mass of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think you missed the part of that quote that says the reasoning is easy to follow. Te uses bulletpoints, flow charts, etc.... It puts things in a format that is easy to follow, which is the exact opposite of a BlueWing post.
    Hey, I never said he was good at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    You seem to be saying that INTPs are never wordy. Look at various people's blogs and see which tend to be the wordiest. Jennifer's blog is pretty wordy. If you look at many INxP blogs they are quite wordy. This is typical when introverted judgement is the dominant function and intuition is the auxiliary. In contrast look at the blogs of the various NTJ's. Often if the posts get long they are spelled out in some type of list so they are easy to read. Other than that they are often pretty short. Better yet read most of the posts made by Maveric or htb on this site. They are usually pretty short and Te is their dominant function.
    *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think it was Jennifer who mentioned a while back that she really had to develop her Te in writing because a lot of the times people couldn't understand her big picture writing because they couldn't understand the processes, so she had to learn to explicitly state each idea and connection which invariably led to more wordy detailed writing.
    Anyway, it's not about being wordy, it's about being concise. BW takes paragraphs to do what can be done in a few sentences.

    No amount of spinning can result in BW's posts being described as "express{ing} an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point."

  6. #66
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Ti people do have an advantage when the same system fails twice, because they've figured it out before, but that's less efficient than just solving problems as they come up.

    i know i have a bunch of "how stuff works in depth" entries in my memory that i will never use again.
    It's not about efficiency. It's knowledge for knowledge's sake. I expect I'll probably never use 95% of what I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INTP's are very short with their words when speaking. Also when writing fiction INTP's tend not to be too descriptive, so they are pretty short there too. When writing in a technical fashion, especially when explaining their reasoning, they can be very long winded because their though process is very elaborate. CC is right about legalese. Long technical legal documents use a lot of Ti. Also there are lots of 1000+ page philosophy books writen by INTPs. If they describe their reasoning process then they get very long winded.
    Legalese is not Ti. It's not concise and it does my head in. My reaction to wading through contracts =

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's the problem. Ti doesn't string sentence after sentence after sentence. It's boiling the ideas down to concise words... not a mass of them.

    Hey, I never said he was good at it.

    *cough*

    Anyway, it's not about being wordy, it's about being concise. BW takes paragraphs to do what can be done in a few sentences.

    No amount of spinning can result in BW's posts being described as "express{ing} an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point."
    Werd. /concise
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  7. #67
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's the problem. Ti doesn't string sentence after sentence after sentence. It's boiling the ideas down to concise words... not a mass of them.
    So you are saying that INTP's do not come to conclusions, and then follow those conclusions with even more? In other words you are saying that INTP's do not start with a premise and then after much thinking develop a conclusion that may be quite far from where they originally started? Well that is exactly what Einstein did...and Darwin...and lots of other people commonly typed as INTP. Either Einstein is not an INTP or INTP's do go from conclusion to conclusion reaching results far from the beginning. Which one is it?

    I think you are confused. First the "definition" you posted is not even a definition. It is a fragment taken from a description. A description is not a definition and a fragment is even less so. Secondly and more importantly the fragment says that Ti chooses the right word. It does not say that Ti users are incapable of putting together a whole sentence or even a whole paragraph. It says that Ti users choose their words carefully.

    Hey, I never said he was good at it.
    You haven't really said much of anything other than BW isn't INTP, because he's not like other INTP's. Well he isn't like INTJ's either. He isn't like most other people in general. If you are so certain about his type, then why not post your reasoning process. From my perspective you only seem to be misinterpreting what I am saying because you do not like my conclusion.

    *cough*
    Go read seveal INTP and INTJ blogs and then get back to me.

    Anyway, it's not about being wordy, it's about being concise. BW takes paragraphs to do what can be done in a few sentences.

    No amount of spinning can result in BW's posts being described as "express{ing} an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point."
    I do not see how I am spinning anything. You have taken a fragment of a description and called it a definition, and then you misinterpreted that fragment. That seems like spin to me. I am trying to clarify the original meaning.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  8. #68
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    It's not about efficiency. It's knowledge for knowledge's sake. I expect I'll probably never use 95% of what I know.
    are you an INTP? i forget.

  9. #69
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    So you are saying that INTP's do not come to conclusions, and then follow those conclusions with even more? In other words you are saying that INTP's do not start with a premise and then after much thinking develop a conclusion that may be quite far from where they originally started? Well that is exactly what Einstein did...and Darwin...and lots of other people commonly typed as INTP. Either Einstein is not an INTP or INTP's do go from conclusion to conclusion reaching results far from the beginning. Which one is it?

    I think you are confused. First the "definition" you posted is not even a definition. It is a fragment taken from a description. A description is not a definition and a fragment is even less so. Secondly and more importantly the fragment says that Ti chooses the right word. It does not say that Ti users are incapable of putting together a whole sentence or even a whole paragraph. It says that Ti users choose their words carefully.
    When did I ever say Ti users are incapable of putting together sentences and paragraphs? They do, but they are usually concise about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    You haven't really said much of anything other than BW isn't INTP, because he's not like other INTP's. Well he isn't like INTJ's either. He isn't like most other people in general. If you are so certain about his type, then why not post your reasoning process. From my perspective you only seem to be misinterpreting what I am saying because you do not like my conclusion.
    Before this forum existed, a fair number of INTPs came to the conclusion he was INTJ. We got so tired of reading his lists (yeah, he wrote a lot of lists) that we moved them all into one thread.

    He starts with a conclusion. The end is always in sight. This is common of primary Ni users. He makes it worse by never deviating from the conclusion no matter how much evidence is brought in opposition. Many immature INTJs do this. They cling to their precious conclusions like drowning men cling to a life preserver. Everything goes to this end. He then builds his arguments to support this conclusion. He lays all this out in copious detail, even detail that could be discarded. This is Te, building the framework to support the conclusion. Good Te users learn to remove the extraneous info, he has not yet.

    Extraverted thinking lays out the entire line of reasoning. This is why it is external - all the workings are laid out. Introverted thinking is done internally. What is finally exposed is the boiled down essence of that thinking. NOT the entirety.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Go read seveal INTP and INTJ blogs and then get back to me.
    I read dozens, how many do I have to read?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I do not see how I am spinning anything. You have taken a fragment of a description and called it a definition, and then you misinterpreted that fragment. That seems like spin to me. I am trying to clarify the original meaning.
    I took a sentence from the description.

    Here is the full description:

    "Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed."

    Nothing that follows that first sentence changes its meaning.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    So you are saying that INTP's do not come to conclusions, and then follow those conclusions with even more? In other words you are saying that INTP's do not start with a premise and then after much thinking develop a conclusion that may be quite far from where they originally started? Well that is exactly what Einstein did...and Darwin...and lots of other people commonly typed as INTP. Either Einstein is not an INTP or INTP's do go from conclusion to conclusion reaching results far from the beginning. Which one is it?

    I think you are confused. First the "definition" you posted is not even a definition. It is a fragment taken from a description. A description is not a definition and a fragment is even less so. Secondly and more importantly the fragment says that Ti chooses the right word. It does not say that Ti users are incapable of putting together a whole sentence or even a whole paragraph. It says that Ti users choose their words carefully.



    You haven't really said much of anything other than BW isn't INTP, because he's not like other INTP's. Well he isn't like INTJ's either. He isn't like most other people in general. If you are so certain about his type, then why not post your reasoning process. From my perspective you only seem to be misinterpreting what I am saying because you do not like my conclusion.



    Go read seveal INTP and INTJ blogs and then get back to me.



    I do not see how I am spinning anything. You have taken a fragment of a description and called it a definition, and then you misinterpreted that fragment. That seems like spin to me. I am trying to clarify the original meaning.
    Carl Jung characterizes Darwin's work as extraverted thinking.

    John Beebe believes that Einstien was an INTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. The Euthyphro -- Ti vs. Te?
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
  2. Ti vs Te consistency
    By Cimarron in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
  3. Hypothesis about Ti vs. Te writing styles
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
  4. Maths and Ti vs. Te
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
  5. Ti vs. Te, do they trust each other?
    By heart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO