User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 145

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    This thread is horribly wrong for the most part. First the House thread, now here.

    Ti sorts and comes up with the cleanest organization.

    To quote: "Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point."

    Also to quote: "In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone elses logic, sequence, or organization."

    Te lays out all the steps. Not Ti.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Ugh...

    You guys seriously don't understand Ti vs. Te if you think Te is invariably more concise.
    Hey! Someone else understands the functions!

    The rest of you should lay off typing people if you are this bad at understanding the cognitive functions.

    P.S. SW is INTJ.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    speaking =/= writing

    If you get an INTJ talking about something they're passionate about, you won't get a word in edgewise. An INTP can talk about something he's passionate about and still he will choose his words slowly and carefully. Technical writing is another matter entirely.
    This ain't technical writing. Besides, who that's not true anyway.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Like others have said I think it is hard to really describe the thought processes independent of the perceiving process, but in my opinion Te likes to define in a systematic way while Ti encapsulates the general idea in a statement without regard to defining the processes that led to that statement. This is usually in my opinion why some people get confused with Ti because it doesn't really explain where the leaps that led to the statement came from.

  4. #54
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    You know, because we can't come to an agreement here, I'm pretty sure this signifies that we have an assload of mistyped people here.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You know, because we can't come to an agreement here
    Some people are just flat out wrong, as I demonstrated in my last post.

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    An INTJ would probably get his point across much more concisely than SolitaryWalker/BlueWing does. There is more of a Ti structure in his writing. He provides sound reasoning in his posts.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I think MacGuffin is right. I think it was Jennifer who mentioned a while back that she really had to develop her Te in writing because a lot of the times people couldn't understand her big picture writing because they couldn't understand the processes, so she had to learn to explicitly state each idea and connection which invariably led to more wordy detailed writing.

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    An INTJ would probably get his point across much more concisely than SolitaryWalker/BlueWing does. There is more of a Ti structure in his writing. He provides sound reasoning in his posts.
    Yes, long, excruciating reasoning is the EXACT definition of Ti I posted above.

    INTPc is full of this!

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yes, long, excruciating reasoning is the EXACT definition of Ti I posted above.
    I was going by the Myers-Briggs/Jungian definition.

    SW/BW's writing is more based on questioning (Ti), whereas a Te (or Te auxiliary) would be more directive.

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I was going by the Myers-Briggs/Jungian definition.
    Oh, we're going to play this game? Let's see this definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    SW/BW's writing is more based on questioning (Ti), whereas a Te (or Te auxiliary) would be more directive.
    He's questioning?

Similar Threads

  1. The Euthyphro -- Ti vs. Te?
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
  2. Ti vs Te consistency
    By Cimarron in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
  3. Hypothesis about Ti vs. Te writing styles
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
  4. Maths and Ti vs. Te
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
  5. Ti vs. Te, do they trust each other?
    By heart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO