User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

It's obviously an over-simplification, sure, functions are much more complex than that and, sure, they overlap each other in several points.

It's all about the path each one follows when processing a though. Tis are more prone to take the raw data and process them and build of them and Tes are more prone to take the raw data and try to fit them in something they've already constructed. Tis care about consistency in the steps of the construction, regardless the result and Tes care more about consistency between the perceived idea they already have and the way the data can be analysed.

By the way, you should notice that I didn't refer to BlueWind in particular, but to Te-dominant thinkers. Though I rather believe that BW's way of thinking is more characterised by Te.

As for the educational aspect, while you maybe have a point there, I'd say that surely all the philosophy or mathematics students are not likely to process the information with the same way.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    As for the educational aspect, while you maybe have a point there, I'd say that surely all the philosophy or mathematics students are not likely to process the information with the same way.
    Yes exactly. A person who is trained in this way will develop certain conventions regardless of their type. It has nothing to do with how they actually processed the information before presenting it.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFJ

View Post
    An observation: BW reminds me of athenian200, they are both excessively dry in their writing. Both claim to be Ti users and both have also been put into the Te camp...but...where is the Ne and the Ni?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    You guys are making too much of this whole, "stating the conclusion first" thing. In certain academic settings it is convention to state your conclusion first, and then explain how you arrived at that conclusion. I know this is standard in mathematics, and I believe it's common in philosophy too (which we all know BW studies a lot). The phenomenon of stating the conclusion first has more to do with education than type.
    If I may hypothesize for a moment.

The reason why Athenian and BlueWing seem to have similar writing styles is because of learned (a.k.a. FAKE) Te. Instead of seeming like a normal TJ, as the dry organization seems natural from them, they come across as exceedingly dry and, dare I say it, robotic. So, while both of them do appear to use Te, neither of them appear as natural Te users.

However, I believe BlueWing's fake Te is more grown out of education and admiration for philosopher's and their works (who had to structure their writings as Te), while Athenian's Te is more an attempt to be respected.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's obviously an over-simplification, sure, functions are much more complex than that and, sure, they overlap each other in several points.
    i don't even see how it's an over-simplification.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Yes exactly. A person who is trained in this way will develop certain conventions regardless of their type. It has nothing to do with how they actually processed the information before presenting it.
    Eh, I said I don't find it very likely. I guess you misread.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If I may hypothesize for a moment.

The reason why Athenian and BlueWing seem to have similar writing styles is because of learned (a.k.a. FAKE) Te. Instead of seeming like a normal TJ, as the dry organization seems natural from them, they come across as exceedingly dry and, dare I say it, robotic. So, while both of them do appear to use Te, neither of them appear as natural Te users.

However, I believe BlueWing's fake Te is more grown out of education and admiration for philosopher's and their works (who had to structure their writings as Te), while Athenian's Te is more an attempt to be respected.
    I could buy into this, actually, though I'm not very familiar with Athenian so I can't say. About BlueWind, I can't say either, haven't got around to read a lot of his posts.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

About BlueWind, I can't say either, haven't got around to read a lot of his posts.
    I have.

2+ years now.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i don't even see how it's an over-simplification.
    Eh... You mean you don't follow what I wrote in my previous post, or that you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have.

2+ years now.
    Meaning that you agree with Haphazard?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have.

2+ years now.
    meh. talk to him on AIM for an hour or two and you'll change your mind.

he doesn't "think everything through" in any kind of an Ni way. he just forces it to sound like that when he writes.

and he's all about precision at the cost of relevancy, totally Ti.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Eh... You mean you don't follow what I wrote in my previous post, or that you disagree?
    i mean that my one sentence definition in that last post completely defines Ti and Te. there is nothing more complicated than that.

Ti = deductive reasoning based on internal state (aka current thought process, goals, etc.)
    Te = deductive reasoning based on external state (aka current conversation, things in front of you, etc.)

so you can see why Te would be relevant and Ti would be thorough.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    and he's all about precision at the cost of relevancy, totally Ti.
    Come on Evan you're smarter than this.
    Dude... introversion does not sacrifice relevance.
    The relevance is to SELF. Everything is relevant to something.

You might be able to get away with saying it sacrifices visible relevance, but if we're going to go that route, then even Ne has bouts with relevance.

Thinking is direct, extraverted or not.
    we fukin won boys