User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

except for a few Ne's who might think of new stuff while they're writing
    Ok, either I'm completely mistyped, or your assertion is wrong. Ni is perfectly capable of providing new insights that might result in the adaptation of (parts of) the argument.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Ok, either I'm completely mistyped, or your assertion is wrong. Ni is perfectly capable of providing new insights that might result in the adaptation of (parts of) the argument.
    People are usually fairly good with both the introverted and extroverted version of their dominant function, I've noticed -- they just don't lean on the one not in their type code nearly as much.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Sounds more like Ne.

Ni is that ability to have the conclusion just come to you. Then you pick it apart. If you're only making minor changes, that's probably your judging (T/F) function.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Everyone who writes up something here has already come to a conclusion before they write it (except for a few Ne's who might think of new stuff while they're writing). It is obvious that BW made his conclusion long before (months?) he wrote is 'papers' here on this forum.
    Yeah, this is obvious.

What is also obvious in my opinion is that, anybody who submits an idea/conclusion in a forum for discussion, can take different approaches to the discussion that follows:
    1) Examine the input they receive, evaluate it, if it makes sense see whether it fits or not in their rationale, and, if it doesn't fit, they re-examine the corner stones of their argument and the basic principles in which they based it.
    2) Examine the input they receive, evaluate if it reinforces or not the conclusion they submitted, if it doesn't but does make sense, they try to alter the construction in ways to incorporate it or refute it, without touching their original conclusion.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

An observation: BW reminds me of athenian200, they are both excessively dry in their writing. Both claim to be Ti users and both have also been put into the Te camp...but...where is the Ne and the Ni?
    You don't like me, do you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

1. Te cuts through bullshit like a knife through butter.
    2. if BW were to ever use Te, he would start by breaking up his page long paragraphs into actual POINTS
    3. BW is an INTP with underdeveloped Ne, Te... IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    1. Te cuts through bullshit like a knife through butter.
    2. if BW were to ever use Te, he would start by breaking up his page long paragraphs into actual POINTS
    3. BW is an INTP with underdeveloped Ne, Te... IMHO
    This could have been a Te-like argument (it is not, actually, but resembles):
    You start with a conclusion (1).
    Based on this conclusion, you construct an argument (2).

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

You guys are making too much of this whole, "stating the conclusion first" thing. In certain academic settings it is convention to state your conclusion first, and then explain how you arrived at that conclusion. I know this is standard in mathematics, and I believe it's common in philosophy too (which we all know BW studies a lot). The phenomenon of stating the conclusion first has more to do with education than type.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

yeah the whole "coming to the conclusion before you write" thing seems completely irrelevant to me.

basically Te and Ti have a lot of overlap, but Te focuses on relevant understanding and Ti focuses on full understanding (but not necessarily relevant). i know i already said this, but it's just so much more simple to think about it this way...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The conclusion thing is not so much how the supposed INTJ writes, but how the supposed INTJ thinks.

There is not much backtracking or reanalysis. The conclusion remains, no matter how misguided it is.