User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 145

  1. #101
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    No, no, you're right for once.
    For the first time ever???

  2. #102
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    But Guffin, we'd love to have you on our team!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #103
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But Guffin, we'd love to have you on our team!
    Do I get the secret decoder ring now?

  4. #104
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Do I get the secret decoder ring now?
    Not until you send in those box tops.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #105
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    An observation: BW reminds me of athenian200, they are both excessively dry in their writing. Both claim to be Ti users and both have also been put into the Te camp...but...where is the Ne and the Ni?

    Also, when I am naturally obsessed with making sure that at no point in my argument I contradict myself/can be interpreted as contradicting myself or do things that upset the argument's logic and try to make sure I have as many logical possibilites covered as I can think of, is that Te at work or Ti?

  6. #106
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Also, when I am naturally obsessed with making sure that at no point in my argument I contradict myself/can be interpreted as contradicting myself or do things that upset the argument's logic and try to make sure I have as many logical possibilites covered as I can think of, is that Te at work or Ti?
    Ti. Do you get paralyzed and unable to speak/write your argument?

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    508

    Default

    I'd say someone who first jumps to the conclusion and then constructs the arguments and theories to support this conclusion, is more likely to be using Te. The lists, bulletpoints, etc, might be auxiliary methods Te thinkers use to make their points more clear to their audience, but the essence of Te is the way TJs think, how their thinking starts from the result and goes backwards to justify this result.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Ti. Do you get paralyzed and unable to speak/write your argument?
    Often the possibilities overwhelm me and I feel that I can never reproduce them and the endless movement they can put into motion in words.

    It is the same I have with Ni, only Ni is more out of the blue and poetical...I've been known to write 13-line sentences because it just rolled out like that.

    I'm also insanely aware of inconsistencies in other people's argument and find some of the theoretical articles I read to be sloppy.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I'd say someone who first jumps to the conclusion and then constructs the arguments and theories to support this conclusion, is more likely to be using Te. The lists, bulletpoints, etc, might be auxiliary methods Te thinkers use to make their points more clear to their audience, but the essence of Te is the way TJs think, how their thinking starts from the result and goes backwards to justify this result.
    Everyone who writes up something here has already come to a conclusion before they write it (except for a few Ne's who might think of new stuff while they're writing). It is obvious that BW made his conclusion long before (months?) he wrote is 'papers' here on this forum.

  10. #110
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    From this, it would make sense that BlueWing is a Te dom.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. The Euthyphro -- Ti vs. Te?
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
  2. Ti vs Te consistency
    By Cimarron in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
  3. Hypothesis about Ti vs. Te writing styles
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
  4. Maths and Ti vs. Te
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
  5. Ti vs. Te, do they trust each other?
    By heart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO