• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Subjective/Objective Input Differences Across Types <split>

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Objective input is stuff, information, matter, facts, sans human interference.

The "purely" objective reality of things, exists, but it exists outside of our human perceptive capabilities. We can only perpetually grasp at the objective nature of things.

Subjective input may perhaps be one's personal opinion, lol, output, really regarding a certain idea/person/event/thing.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"The objective input is what everyone knows"?!?!?!?!

That's, like, the most subjective seemingly "objective" statement I've ever heard/read.

:huh:

Bah, I find it really hard to explain.

Subjective and objective came about from their use in sentences I think. So they've brached out in many areas. Like a mission's "objectives".

Maybe "objective truths apply everywhere, subjective truths apply only to a certain location"?

Of course, like with everything, extraverted functions only try to be objective, I think. You can't know whether you're actually being objective, because that would be objective. Circular logic FTW:happy2: Even better, "you can't be objective, because everything's subjective" "but if everything's subjective, isn't that an objective truth?" "no because everything is subjective, stop denying the premise!" "wait what?"

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still want someone to try to explain what "subjective" input would be.

:shock:
He's calling the judgment process itself (Thinking or Feeling) the "input". Notice, Te and Ti say "objective" input, while Fe and Fi say "subjective". Come to think of it, I guess that is confusing, but I guess in this case, the "input" would be either the values or principles that are the source of the "processing".

The way I had it, the perception functions were the "input", with Sensing (concrete perception) often considered more "objective", while iNtuiting (abstract) considered subjective, because it involves the person drawing from patterns and possibilities and not just what is there.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, I have values like hot chics I like, always I see hot chics, corresponding emotions are produced xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Objective input is stuff, information, matter, facts, sans human interference.

The "purely" objective reality of things, exists, but it exists outside of our human perceptive capabilities. We can only perpetually grasp at the objective nature of things.

Subjective input may perhaps be one's personal opinion, lol, output, really regarding a certain idea/person/event/thing.

Guess you have to define borders here. Are we talking about the human perspective, towars the universe or are we talking bout it towards itself :)

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, I have values like hot chics I like, always I see hot chics, corresponding emotions are produced xD

Nice point.

Soon people will be saying that animals are F's because of all those emotions they display and express so openly. Rather than the rational side of a person being T and F functions together as decision making processes that might call upon emotions and logic to make certain decisions.

Like an F saying they value logic so depend upon it in a decision, and a T saying that "principally?!?" emotions are the way to go with decisions because they lead to happiness.

If it's outside human perception, it's outside your perception, so how do you know it exists? By "perpetually grasp" I assume you mean "guess", since anything outside of our own experience is purely conceptual and we have no evidence for.

Also, by claiming to know it is outside our perceptive capabilities, you are claiming to know an objective fact about human's perceptive capabilities. Hence a big contradiction.