User Tag List

First 123

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Objective input is stuff, information, matter, facts, sans human interference.

The "purely" objective reality of things, exists, but it exists outside of our human perceptive capabilities. We can only perpetually grasp at the objective nature of things.

Subjective input may perhaps be one's personal opinion, lol, output, really regarding a certain idea/person/event/thing.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    "The objective input is what everyone knows"?!?!?!?!

That's, like, the most subjective seemingly "objective" statement I've ever heard/read.

Bah, I find it really hard to explain.

Subjective and objective came about from their use in sentences I think. So they've brached out in many areas. Like a mission's "objectives".

Maybe "objective truths apply everywhere, subjective truths apply only to a certain location"?

Of course, like with everything, extraverted functions only try to be objective, I think. You can't know whether you're actually being objective, because that would be objective. Circular logic FTW Even better, "you can't be objective, because everything's subjective" "but if everything's subjective, isn't that an objective truth?" "no because everything is subjective, stop denying the premise!" "wait what?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I still want someone to try to explain what "subjective" input would be.

He's calling the judgment process itself (Thinking or Feeling) the "input". Notice, Te and Ti say "objective" input, while Fe and Fi say "subjective". Come to think of it, I guess that is confusing, but I guess in this case, the "input" would be either the values or principles that are the source of the "processing".

The way I had it, the perception functions were the "input", with Sensing (concrete perception) often considered more "objective", while iNtuiting (abstract) considered subjective, because it involves the person drawing from patterns and possibilities and not just what is there.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, I have values like hot chics I like, always I see hot chics, corresponding emotions are produced xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Objective input is stuff, information, matter, facts, sans human interference.

The "purely" objective reality of things, exists, but it exists outside of our human perceptive capabilities. We can only perpetually grasp at the objective nature of things.

Subjective input may perhaps be one's personal opinion, lol, output, really regarding a certain idea/person/event/thing.
    Guess you have to define borders here. Are we talking about the human perspective, towars the universe or are we talking bout it towards itself
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes, I have values like hot chics I like, always I see hot chics, corresponding emotions are produced xD
    Nice point.

Soon people will be saying that animals are F's because of all those emotions they display and express so openly. Rather than the rational side of a person being T and F functions together as decision making processes that might call upon emotions and logic to make certain decisions.

Like an F saying they value logic so depend upon it in a decision, and a T saying that "principally?!?" emotions are the way to go with decisions because they lead to happiness.

If it's outside human perception, it's outside your perception, so how do you know it exists? By "perpetually grasp" I assume you mean "guess", since anything outside of our own experience is purely conceptual and we have no evidence for.

Also, by claiming to know it is outside our perceptive capabilities, you are claiming to know an objective fact about human's perceptive capabilities. Hence a big contradiction.