User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

    46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

    39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

    5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

    17 15.89%
12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 121

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default Would you choose to have a T or F child?

    Let's say that you're going to have a child and you're forced to choose whether they will be a thinker or a feeler. The decision is yours only and you, alone, must make it. (Just so this doesn't get in the way, we'll assume you do not know the sex of the baby ahead of time.)

    Which would you choose?

    And, if you feel inspired and gutsy enough, why?

    Notes: I'm trying to keep this as scientifically sound as I can. Please answer honestly and sincerely to avoid destroying the validity of this study. For example, if you're a T, please don't vote that you'd have an F baby and give it up for adoption because Fs are annoying to you and having a baby is the last thing you'd want to do right now. I'm counting on you to use your reasoning skills and to be mature in the nature of your answers.

    I'm sorry, but I opted not to include poll options for X types. Although it would be nice, going through the extra effort to get those results would only compromise the ability to obtain the most relevant and sought after information.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Lucrativesid,

    Great idea for a poll. It's interesting.

    However, are you sure you don't want to include an option for X? Not to want to be nitpicking, but maybe we could make the hypothesis that some types would prefer either one or the other, and others would prefer clearly one over the other. Just a thought...

    My answer would be "T or F".

  3. #3
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    In the interest of preserving your first note, I'll vote "indifferent".

  4. #4
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I think I would like to have a T baby, my T sister and T best friend seem to be less prone to depression.

    I also would want a son.

    Being an F female is hard, then again, just being human is hard.

    Perhaps I shall abstain from procreating, after all.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Lucrativesid,

    Great idea for a poll. It's interesting.

    However, are you sure you don't want to include an option for X? Not to want to be nitpicking, but maybe we could make the hypothesis that some types would prefer either one or the other, and others would prefer clearly one over the other. Just a thought...

    My answer would be "T or F".
    Thank you. Yes, I'm pretty sure. If you want to discuss anything in particular in the thread, feel free to do so. If you want to start your own poll, feel free to do so. This poll has to be very raw and uncompromising. When you say that your answer would be T or F, what do you mean by that? The point of the poll is that you're FORCED to pick one or the other. Do you just mean that's why you'd rather not vote, because you'd rather not choose between the two, even for purely hypothetical and scientific purposes?


    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    In the interest of preserving your first note, I'll vote "indifferent".
    Thank you for respecting science. I'm sorry there wasn't a poll option you liked.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I think I would like to have a T baby, my T sister and T best friend seem to be less prone to depression.

    I also would want a son.

    Being an F female is hard, then again, just being human is hard.

    Perhaps I shall abstain from procreating, after all.
    Thanks, CaptainChick! That's the kind of honest response I'm hoping for. You can answer without feeling bad about it because it says you're forced into making the decision.

    All input so far is great.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #6
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    It's quite alright, LucrativeSid.

    I think you could flesh-out some interesting patterns here.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Thank you. Yes, I'm pretty sure. If you want to discuss anything in particular in the thread, feel free to do so. If you want to start your own poll, feel free to do so. This poll has to be very raw and uncompromising. When you say that your answer would be T or F, what do you mean by that? The point of this poll is that you're FORCED to pick one or the other. Do you just mean that's why you'd rather not vote, because you'd rather not choose between the two, even for purely hypothetical and scientific purposes?
    You're welcome. When I mean that my answer would be either T or F, I mean that I do not have a specific preference concerning the T-F dimension in a child. I understand that the point of the poll is to make a forced choice. However, I cannot make one since my true opinion is either T or F. Yes, that's why I'd rather not vote, because I would not want the statistical results to incorrectly incorporate my opinion. I cannot choose, because doing so would be falsifying your results since I am indifferent to either.

  8. #8
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default



    You boys take yourselves too seriously.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post


    You boys take yourselves too seriously.

    Ah yes

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I cannot choose, because doing so would be falsifying your results since I am indifferent to either.
    Actually, it wouldn't, because the point is to see which one you would choose if you were forced, not which one you would choose out of pure preference only. But, if you really are so incredibly indifferent that you couldn't even make a forced decision without flipping a coin, then I agree that you should not vote, and I thank you.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Similar Threads

  1. What song would you choose to speak for you?
    By MDP2525 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
  2. [MBTItm] If you get to be a RATIONAL(NT) which type would you choose to be?
    By Riva in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
  3. Would you choose to be born?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 05:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO