• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you choose to have a T or F child?

Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

• I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters

Usehername

On a mission
T with the intention of teaching them all the F skills on the planet. But I'd at least know how to go about developing and educating my child on those skills--natural Fness?! That'd be difficult for a T to handle from a child when you can't meet in the middle and calmly and rationally discuss feelings.

LucrativeSid

Would the one T who voted to have an F baby be willing to step forward and identify themselves? Or explain why they made their choice?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you have to have only one? if thats the case then probably T, but if I had the option of more I'd deff say an F because then I could try and beat in as much T in him/her as possible. plus it would give me a better feel for just how they think, which is always welcome for me cause I can try to rationalize to some extent and that would allow me to engage my T and find a sort of medium.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a really hard time picking. I also assume, based on the concept behind this test, that I can't pick someone with a relatively balanced sense of T and F.

I guess I'd pick an F. I'm bothered by the idea of being closed off from my offspring's Feelings. I closed off my parents.

I think to me it's very important that I know what my child wants. I think, as a parent, knowing the F of ones child is the top priority(at least, in my view of how a parent should be). So I assume that a child with very high F and very low T would be much easier to grasp in that regard than the opposite.

LucrativeSid

Recapitulation

Votes: 26
Thinkers who voted: 11
Feelers who voted: 15

Thinkers for T child: 81.81%
Thinkers for F child: 18.18%

Feelers for F child: 60%
Feelers for T child: 40%

More Fs voted in the poll than Ts did, but if we average out the numbers so that they are both equally represented, we end up with this:

T child votes: 60.9%
F child votes: 39.09%

Why? What do you think about this?

Why did the T babies win? Is there a reason for it? Do you think the results would be similar with a larger sample of voters or is this poll too inconclusive due to the very small number of participants? Even a 10% difference, if consistent enough, is worth examination, in my opinion.

heart

heart on fire
Have one of either type and then try my best to help them develop and become comfortable with their inferior. It would probably be best to have thinking child because this would help in this. They would already be forming their own dominant function and (hopefully healthy) interaction with me would theoritically help them come to terms with inferior better. Whereas with a feeling child I might simply reinforce their primary too much? Not sure...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Votes: 26
Thinkers who voted: 11
Feelers who voted: 15

Thinkers for T child: 81.81%
Thinkers for F child: 18.18%

Feelers for F child: 60%
Feelers for T child: 40%

More Fs voted in the poll than Ts did, but if we average out the numbers so that they are both equally represented, we end up with this:

T child votes: 60.9%
F child votes: 39.09%

Why? What do you think about this?

Why did the T babies win? Is there a reason for it? Do you think the results would be similar with a larger sample of voters or is this poll too inconclusive due to the very small number of participants? Even a 10% difference, if consistent enough, is worth examination, in my opinion.
I can't decide.

I have two T children and one F child. (Ages 14 - 22)
The T children are easier to deal with emotionally.
The F child has outbursts of anger and stubbornness that the other 2 never did.
But the F child is a lot nicer to me and says more sweet things to me than the other 2 put together.

They each have their pros and cons.
I'm glad I have each.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Hypothetically, I guess T would be easier for me to deal with.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I will refrain from voting, too. I actually have a T child and an F child and both are equally full of joys and [very different] ways to worry their parents.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have an F baby, because deep emotion is beautiful to feel whether it is of pain or joy, and with pain and suffering we are forced to make choices and to learn how to pull ourselves out of the pits we've gotten into, and so gained is emotional experience and maturity and a better enjoyment of life when it is at it's finest and a better understanding of others when they aren't.

Also, because if it was a T baby, I wouldn't know how to help it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In all honesty, as a T female, I would rather a F girl or a T boy based on my own experiences. They seem to be the easiest ways to fit in with what society believes is supposed to be and I’d want my kids to have a little prejudice as possible. Other than that I could care less.

alicia91

I can't choose. I have two F children and one T (ages 10-15) and they are all great. But I agree with INTJMom, the T is easier to deal with emotionally, but the two Fs are a lot sweeter and act like they value our family much more.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMG IT'S NOT TIED ANYMORE!!

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I am very much enjoying my EFJ child. I feel very well equipped to deal with her emotional stuff, actually. I know what I wanted and needed as a child, so I just try to provide it for her. I feel like I got really lucky, like she's the perfect kid for me. I almost always know exactly where she's coming from on things.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm a T. I would choose an F baby, just because I prefer the company of F people. Plus a T is more likely to argue against me, and I'm not gonna have that as a dad. Someone submissive is better.