• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you choose to have a T or F child?

Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

• I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters

sculpting

T, probably. I'll be damned if I'm gonna have a house full of Feelers.

I've noticed a major personality gap between ENFP males and females, both here and in real life. I'm more like you ;)

It's the ovaries, they make us crazeee....

(Actually I also work with a male enfp, who is quieter and less spastic but hides his crazy on the inside. )

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
I would want a T (and I have always wanted a boy). T because he could turn out into a more well rounded person because of my F influence. I could teach him all the things he wouldn't have a clue about (and vice versa). This way, he would grow into a balanced person and would hopefully have an easier time in the world. I couldn't challenge or stretch an F in that way.

I was going to type this same answer until I saw that you already typed it.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am very into cuddling so a T baby might find me repulsive beyond the baby stage. Hahaha. I also overheard a conversation once, this couple was having dinner next to me and my friend, and the child, a four-year old girl just abruptly turn to her dad and said, "Daddy, I love you." It was so sweet. It was so out of the blue. I bet F-babies do that often. And afterward she just went back to eating her dinner without expecting anything in return.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It wouldn't matter to me. I just want my child to be happy and have good self-esteem.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't really care, but for the well-being of the child, it'd be better off as a T.

I've seen a lot of my F friends deal with their T mothers....it's not pretty. I wouldn't want that.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Well, T and F would both have their positives and negatives, and both can become a very great person. However I voted for F. If it would be a boy, it would maybe be better off as T though... society doesn't appreciate feelerish males enough imho (and thinkerish females neither). I would only wish my child would get all the strength he/she needs to get through childhood / youth better than me, and then it wouldn't matter anymore.

But well, not something I have to seriously worry about for now. It doesn't look like I would be planning to get children in the next time ^^

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm fine with either... it might be easier at home if the child was an F.

I know it was said to not talk about males and females kids but... it would be nice if my first boy has dom or aux Fi. I want him to have an easier time to understand me as I want to have an easier time understanding him, but I also want him to become well rounded by other people. Home is a place for him to be able to talk to me instead of always bickering with me.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
lol as I expected, people like to feel themselves. I'm in the same boat too. Don't get me wrong, I think both F and T needs to be seriously developed for any healthy individual, I just think that it's easier for me to deal with an F baby and I don't think it's that hard to develop your T side.

Chloe

yeah, i would choose F, of course..... and.. i was thinking about this few months ago... i think i'd have a SERIOUS problem having INT kid. Esp INT boy. especially INTJ. or one of those unfunloving unemotional INTPs (bc some are very emotional so i dont care about their mbti type. i have 2 intp friends (e4, and e9) who are both, esp e4, emotionally intelligent so.. i'd be cool with such kid. but stereotypical intj (e5 mostly?) i think it'd be a problem.. i wouldnt understand their priorities.
it's ironic because i'd have less problem with ISTJ kid, than INTJ. simply bc istjs are quite social, often, so T isnt THAT obvious. (my mom and sis are both ISTJs and are party animals, lol)

but i wouldnt mind havin ENTP,ENTJ and ESTP daughter - am fascinated with ET women.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All I would want would be for the kid to be communicative. Even though I'm far from the stage where I would even consider motherhood, one of my hypothetical mothering nightmare scenarios is this: The kid hates me for life because, whenever they disagree with me or whenever they object to anything I do, they sit and wallow in resentment instead of being open and honest with me. I would never want my kid(s) to think of me as a dictator - I would want them to feel comfortable stating their full and uncensored opinions to me, so we would have a chance to talk it through, and explain our sides of the story. But if the kid feels like they can't do that, regardless of what I tell them... *shudder*

I suppose the kids who would be most likely to do that would be Fs, but I don't think it's really type-related.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mmm...I want whatever my favorite nephew is, and I'm torn between ENTP and ENFx for him, still. He's thirteen now so he could take the test in a couple more years, but I still think he's too young for me to suggest it.

He was a calm baby, not easily troubled or freaked out by things.

He has a lot of energy and likes to play outside, but he's really more of the kind of kid who likes to play video games and read more than sports, he's not really into athletics beyond riding his bike or running around the yard or going swimming.

I remember when my sister's fiance tried to sign him up for basketball it wasn't something that came easily or naturally to him. He seemed dismayed about it.

Excels in social studies and history.

Is very very clever in an N type way. He "got things" ....my jokes...the sort of movies or shows that I also like...at a ridculously young age, things that seemed verbal and sophisticated that I thought should have gone over his head, and he likes weird and esoteric things.

This is one of the reason I lean ENTP for him. He is insanely clever, and it might also explain his calm demeanor. When I tell him "I love you" he looks at me slyly with a little smile and says "Yeah...about that." It's like an inside joke we have, going back to when he was ten or eleven.

However, he's kind and is the sort of kid who includes "left out" children. I remember being so proud of him in elementary school because he's the kind that would just make sure that nerdy kids or kids who were picked on had friends.

I don't know if that's indicative of just extroversion, or ExFx.

so...whatever he is...I want one.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
an F baby, because i tend to get along awesome with Fi dom/aux, good with Fe dom/aux, good with Te dom/aux, and not as well with Ti dom/aux.

it's just a matter of probability. :shrug:

that said, i'm sure i would love the child ridiculous amounts no matter what their personality. and i think i'd do much better with an INTJ kid than an INFJ... so... it's not really a perfect divide.

Jae Rae said:
It's not about to whom would you be the better parent. There's a kind of destiny that enables people to grow in the process of parenting.

i wish i could agree with you, but that's fairly unrealistic. as much as i want to get along better with my INTP dad, we miscommunicate very often, because our styles of thinking and interacting are so different. i can easily say that i have stronger and more refined T thanks to him, and we certainly resonate on an N level, but we also struggle a lot. i suspect it would have been easier had dad been an INTJ and had an inkling of Fi, or if i as a child was NFJ and had an inkling of Ti. my ESFJ mom can thankfully bridge our communication gap to some extent but the tension remains. i love my dad infinitely, but if forced to choose anyway, i would prefer myself and my children to not have to struggle to understand one another as much as dad and i have.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
but i wouldnt mind havin ENTP,ENTJ and ESTP daughter - am fascinated with ET women.

:huh:

etgirl.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm kind of puzzled by all of these Fs saying "of course" they'd want a feeler baby. Kids love, you know, they have feelings, whether they are T or F. I don't think that your child would love you less being a T. If anything I'm thinking that a T might be easier to get along with - less emotional drama during teenage years, maybe?

Convinced upon further thought that my nephew is ENTP, I think having an NT son overall would be good - sons are less touchy feely anyway, right? It would be more of like a mental connection, like banter, a kid I could be friends with as well as being a parent, who wouldn't take my own F stuff so personally or to heart. Maybe I would leave less scars on a T child. I can be pretty direct and straight-forward, though I do love fiercely and am actually quite good at doing stereotypical "mom" nurturing type stuff.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
T types are just better. Admit it! :devil:

But not this, no. I don't think T types are better...in fact, if I could break it down I would think that the worse children for me to have would be ESTP (too much energy, I would probably want to hide from him or her) ...pretty much same reasoning with EFJ child, probably would want more than I could give in terms of energy, except EFJ would have emotional/social demands whereas ESTP would just be raging ball of energy. Then I'm afraid an IxFP child might feel abused by me. I wouldn't intend to hurt my children in any way at all, but I think I might come across as a bit harsh to IxFP and distant to ExFJ.

So that's my reasoning that T child would be better. Just not ESTP. I've noticed that some people here have said "oh just not INTJ." I'd take a quiet, grumpy, secretive INTJ child over an ESTP hellion any day.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm kind of puzzled by all of these Fs saying "of course" they'd want a feeler baby. Kids love, you know, they have feelings, whether they are T or F. I don't think that your child would love you less being a T. If anything I'm thinking that a T might be easier to get along with - less emotional drama during teenage years, maybe?

I'd rather the kid bicker with me every day than keep his mouth shut during his teenage years.

It's the communication style. It is easier to handle a kid with the similar/same communication style. Not that it's any different for teenage angst.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Doesnt matter as long as its Voll normal :D

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBt_ue2n_g&feature=related"].[/youtube]

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Marm: ENTP kids (well developed ones) are great. My cousin is one and he's I think he's an awesome kid. I do love all my little cousies though, so maybe I'm biased.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
A Thinker, largely for practical reasons. I myself am a T so the vast majority of the knowledge that I’ve accumulated, especially that found within science, technology, and business, will be of greater use to a Thinker and to his or her future career path than to an F. It would also be important that I could connect with my child and discuss complex issue with them when they are older. I can’t even vaguely see a problem with having an INTJ child, if only because they’re not apt to get into trouble during their teenage years, are easy to relate (for me), and will most likely think about their future.

As for the poll results, it does seem logical that most people would choose a child who is much like themselves. At the core of it, that is why people have biological children rather than adopt. They want someone whose genetics resemble their own.