• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you choose to have a T or F child?

Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

• I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters

LucrativeSid

Let's say that you're going to have a child and you're forced to choose whether they will be a thinker or a feeler. The decision is yours only and you, alone, must make it. (Just so this doesn't get in the way, we'll assume you do not know the sex of the baby ahead of time.)

Which would you choose?

And, if you feel inspired and gutsy enough, why?

Notes: I'm trying to keep this as scientifically sound as I can. Please answer honestly and sincerely to avoid destroying the validity of this study. For example, if you're a T, please don't vote that you'd have an F baby and give it up for adoption because Fs are annoying to you and having a baby is the last thing you'd want to do right now. I'm counting on you to use your reasoning skills and to be mature in the nature of your answers.

I'm sorry, but I opted not to include poll options for X types. Although it would be nice, going through the extra effort to get those results would only compromise the ability to obtain the most relevant and sought after information.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lucrativesid,

Great idea for a poll. It's interesting.

However, are you sure you don't want to include an option for X? Not to want to be nitpicking, but maybe we could make the hypothesis that some types would prefer either one or the other, and others would prefer clearly one over the other. Just a thought...

My answer would be "T or F".

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
In the interest of preserving your first note, I'll vote "indifferent".

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I would like to have a T baby, my T sister and T best friend seem to be less prone to depression.

I also would want a son.

Being an F female is hard, then again, just being human is hard.

Perhaps I shall abstain from procreating, after all.

LucrativeSid

Lucrativesid,

Great idea for a poll. It's interesting.

However, are you sure you don't want to include an option for X? Not to want to be nitpicking, but maybe we could make the hypothesis that some types would prefer either one or the other, and others would prefer clearly one over the other. Just a thought...

My answer would be "T or F".

Thank you. :) Yes, I'm pretty sure. If you want to discuss anything in particular in the thread, feel free to do so. If you want to start your own poll, feel free to do so. This poll has to be very raw and uncompromising. When you say that your answer would be T or F, what do you mean by that? The point of the poll is that you're FORCED to pick one or the other. Do you just mean that's why you'd rather not vote, because you'd rather not choose between the two, even for purely hypothetical and scientific purposes?

In the interest of preserving your first note, I'll vote "indifferent".

Thank you for respecting science. I'm sorry there wasn't a poll option you liked.

I think I would like to have a T baby, my T sister and T best friend seem to be less prone to depression.

I also would want a son.

Being an F female is hard, then again, just being human is hard.

Perhaps I shall abstain from procreating, after all.

Thanks, CaptainChick! That's the kind of honest response I'm hoping for. You can answer without feeling bad about it because it says you're forced into making the decision.

All input so far is great.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
It's quite alright, LucrativeSid.

I think you could flesh-out some interesting patterns here.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thank you. :) Yes, I'm pretty sure. If you want to discuss anything in particular in the thread, feel free to do so. If you want to start your own poll, feel free to do so. This poll has to be very raw and uncompromising. When you say that your answer would be T or F, what do you mean by that? The point of this poll is that you're FORCED to pick one or the other. Do you just mean that's why you'd rather not vote, because you'd rather not choose between the two, even for purely hypothetical and scientific purposes?

You're welcome. When I mean that my answer would be either T or F, I mean that I do not have a specific preference concerning the T-F dimension in a child. I understand that the point of the poll is to make a forced choice. However, I cannot make one since my true opinion is either T or F. Yes, that's why I'd rather not vote, because I would not want the statistical results to incorrectly incorporate my opinion. I cannot choose, because doing so would be falsifying your results since I am indifferent to either.

LucrativeSid

I cannot choose, because doing so would be falsifying your results since I am indifferent to either.

Actually, it wouldn't, because the point is to see which one you would choose if you were forced, not which one you would choose out of pure preference only. But, if you really are so incredibly indifferent that you couldn't even make a forced decision without flipping a coin, then I agree that you should not vote, and I thank you.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Actually, it wouldn't, because the point is to see which one you would choose if you were forced, not which one you would choose out of pure preference only. But, if you really are so incredibly indifferent that you couldn't even make a forced decision without flipping a coin, then I agree that you should not vote, and I thank you.

Good answer. :yes:

You're welcome ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Alright!!!

We've got a contender!!!

T babies: 3

F baby: 1

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
No one wants an F baby?

:sadbanana:

I do! My son's only 9, but I think he's likely a T. He has emotional outbursts but I think in general he is guided more by his head than his heart, and his behavior fits the ESTP profile much better than ESFP.

I'm always going to choose F in pretty much any relationship, though, including the parent one, because I really have a hard time understanding coldness and calculation.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright!!!

We've got a contender!!!

T babies: 3

F baby: 1

I think Ts would care more about this than Fs would to begin with providing some bias.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No kids for me.

They're too easy to fuck up/too expensive.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd prefer a T baby, if I was forced to choose. However, I'd be happy with either one. I just see raising a T baby to be way less effort for me. Easier to relate to, less drama, etc. It doesn't really matter though.

I predict that most Ts will want T babies, and many Fs will want Fs while others will want T.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't care, as long as the child is completely silent and completely independent.