User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

17 15.89%
First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Why not see it as an opportunity to educate someone who you intrinsically (usually) love? Why is he so emo, have you asked yourself that?
    He is a good kid, but the reason he drives me bonkers is likely the same reason two enfps don't usually get married. We are both spastic, loud, messy, talk too much and can be emotionally touchy. Living in the same house and sharing the same space means that he drives me crazy. The real challenge when parenting yourself basically is that all of his weak points are your weak points. He has no structure and I have no structure and so on. So I end having to stretch to provide double the structure, which is so exhausting. It's like herding cats if you only had one leg. hop. hop. hop. meow....

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd a have a T baby so that when they need to be punished they wont take it personally

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Silly INFJ, confusing intuition with feelings.
    Hmmm...I would say it was a combination of both. My feelings allowed me to trust my intuition. Really, Ni comes down to gut feeling. Not that there was no Ti involved at all, but that whimsical Fe wins out over Ti trying to break everything down. Ti and Ni bump heads and the collision is not pretty.

But in any case, this is exactly why I agree with cascade:

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    So that's why I really don't have a preference. The actual way the T/F plays out is highly dependent on the E/I, N/S and J/P as well, there's so much individual variance and other psychological factors outside of mbti, and it's just not a rigid system to begin with.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    We are both spastic, loud, messy, talk too much and can be emotionally touchy.
    No offense but do you know any other ENFPs in real life? I can see messy, spastic even...but the rest...

Maybe I'm just different from other ENFPs but I don't relate at all.

No offense but do you know any other ENFPs in real life? I can see messy, spastic even...but the rest...

Maybe I'm just different from other ENFPs but I don't relate at all.
    I work with two. One sits down the way from me and is more neurotic than me. She gets crazy amounts of stuff done but is so sensitive that she apologizes when she can't do me favors that I request of her. I adore her but she is high strung, chipper, chatters (just like me) and needs lots of alone time and sees a shrink once a week.

Another is a sales guy who I do dearly love but between the two of us we never shut up and our conversation weaves so randomly that it can be hard to keep things on track. His NT customers love him though.

Another was here and again she never, ever stopped talking. She was also in counseling and was looking for a drastic career change. We had a four hour conversation one day and must have covered hundreds of topics. I adored her, however she was in our tech support group and could not handle the nastiness of the other folks there as they were constantly at each other's throat and she was so stressed she quit.

I mean maybe these are just enfps in science though. Maybe the ones in the real world are more normal?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd like an F, only because I tend to be the more passive person in T-and-F relationships. Which, when a parent, isn't exactly the best thing.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ISFJ

I work with two. One sits down the way from me and is more neurotic than me. She gets crazy amounts of stuff done but is so sensitive that she apologizes when she can't do me favors that I request of her. I adore her but she is high strung, chipper, chatters (just like me) and needs lots of alone time and sees a shrink once a week.
    If she needs a shrink that might be proof enough she is not a normal ENFP. But the rest aren't necessarily cons. I'm not saying she's crazy or anything but from what I know about myself and the other ENFPs around here I think we are generally very chill. Unless unhealthy.

Another is a sales guy who I do dearly love but between the two of us we never shut up and our conversation weaves so randomly that it can be hard to keep things on track. His NT customers love him though.
    Yep nothing wrong with him.

[QUOTE=happy puppy;617254Another was here and again she never, ever stopped talking. She was also in counseling and was looking for a drastic career change. We had a four hour conversation one day and must have covered hundreds of topics. I adored her, however she was in our tech support group and could not handle the nastiness of the other folks there as they were constantly at each other's throat and she was so stressed she quit.[/QUOTE]

My reply to that is the same as the first girl.

And not to question your typing capabilities, but, typing people is not clear cut. I never met an ENFP that I know of and more and more I think people are mistyping people they know as ENFPs all too often.

I think there's a bit of an EF bias. People see an F and an E together and they think extroverted emoness or something. And also it seems some think T automatically grants you qualities like calmness and serenity. I don't understand this. I mean, I do. It's a crass misunderstanding of typology (and I know very little about typology) in my opinion. This is not necessarily directed at you specifically but I thought I'd put it out there.

And not to question your typing capabilities, but, typing people is not clear cut. I never met an ENFP that I know of and more and more I think people are mistyping people they know as ENFPs all too often.

I think there's a bit of an EF bias. People see an F and an E together and they think extroverted emoness or something. And also it seems some think T automatically grants you qualities like calmness and serenity. I don't understand this. I mean, I do. It's a crass misunderstanding of typology (and I know very little about typology) in my opinion. This is not necessarily directed at you specifically but I thought I'd put it out there.
    I am a freaking typing machine

However it's the N that really shines on all these folks. The converstions will weave all over the place but they are about crazy shit. The crazy shit factor seems to be an N feature. I think I'll start a thread on this in the NF section however as it is an interesting discussion.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I'd want my child to be an INTP, so I could teach them discipline and reason over emotions and weakness. Also, it would be interesting to study a little INTP compared to a big INTP. (I mean ages, sensors.)

MBTI
    LOCK
    Enneagram
    8w7

Uhmm...I think I'd like to have a T child, because I think they can complete me and I can complete them. They teach me to be more logical, I teach them to be more open to share their feelings.