User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

17 15.89%
First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Another way to look at it, though, the whole 9 months and the years after to find out their orientation, I'd be praying for an introvert. I'd want a feeler if they were introverted. I could deal with an extraverted feeler, but I'd prefer an introvert. I could easily deal with an ExTx.
    Interesting. Your decision is primarily based off of what would be more pleasurable for you as a parent and not what would be the most beneficial for the child?

Not that it would ruin anything... As he/she said: (Although I don't think anyone denies it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Everyone has plus points and everyone has negative points, much as some would deny it.
    I'm not trying to pick on you, Raz, or be disagreeable. I think your answer is perfect. This is a hypothetical question, after all. I could have quoted anybody. It just makes me wonder how many decisions parents make for their children because of what they, the parents, want.

On the one hand, it's not that bad, and it's quite common. The parent has to stay sane to be a good parent! Obviously they can't deny themselves. But there's nothing worse than making a kid play football if he likes art more, or making them become a doctor if they want to be a musician. A lot of daily decisions parents make are completely selfish in nature, and those little things have to add up in a big way. I had one parent, that while very giving and loving, made selfish decisions regarding me a lot without even realizing it, while the other rarely ever did that.

The most interesting statistic that this poll has produced so far is that a whopping 80% of those polled voted for their kid to be what they are. That's pretty significant. It might be even higher, too, if the people who refused to vote had actually made a decision. We really like our own perspectives, don't we?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

Hah, interesting correlation
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Interesting. Your decision is primarily based off of what would be more pleasurable for you as a parent and not what would be the most beneficial for the child?

Not that it would ruin anything... As he/she said: (Although I don't think anyone denies it.)

I'm not trying to pick on you, Raz, or be disagreeable. I think your answer is perfect. This is a hypothetical question, after all. I could have quoted anybody. It just makes me wonder how many decisions parents make for their children because of what they, the parents, want.

On the one hand, it's not that bad, and it's quite common. The parent has to stay sane to be a good parent! Obviously they can't deny themselves. But there's nothing worse than making a kid play football if he likes art more, or making them become a doctor if they want to be a musician. A lot of daily decisions parents make are completely selfish in nature, and those little things have to add up in a big way. I had one parent, that while very giving and loving, made selfish decisions regarding me a lot without even realizing it, while the other rarely ever did that.

The most interesting statistic that this poll has produced so far is that a whopping 80% of those polled voted for their kid to be what they are. That's pretty significant. It might be even higher, too, if the people who refused to vote had actually made a decision. We really like our own perspectives, don't we?
    Did I miss the point of the thread or something then? In regard to pushing things on the child that they don't want to do, I wouldn't do that. That's part of the point of typology, understanding and supporting. I took the question as what I would want and how their decision making dichotomy would affect me. Once I started raising them, I would focus on their preferences but also devote time to their opposites.

I looked at it as raising a health T vs. raising a healthy F. Like I said, once you get further into actual types, I get more picky. ExFx's are more frustrating to me than ExTx's obviously, but an IxFx is definitely doable.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I would rather be able to think through my feelings, then feel through an organic chemistry exam.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I would rather be able to think through my feelings, then feel through an organic chemistry exam.

Yoda says, "Sense, you do not make."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I've felt my way through orgo exams. I just "felt" that I had the mechanisms right and my intermediates were correct. It worked pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Eh... I think it's more that the thread enforces the F/T stereotypes themselves, as if all T children are going to embody this amazing grasp of logic and all F children are going to be caring and kind [...]
    I agree 100 percent with this post.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've felt my way through orgo exams. I just "felt" that I had the mechanisms right and my intermediates were correct. It worked pretty well.

Silly INFJ, confusing intuition with feelings.

I totally would pick a thinker. My first son is an ENFP. He drives me insane. My god the kid is so damned emo.

The second kid is a little thinker of some sort and we mesh much better.

The other day it occured to me that we gets a lot of discretion in who we pick for our mate and spend lots of time finding a compatible partner.

With kids we are pretty much screwed as we get stuck with whatever pops out. It doesn't matter how much you don't like that person or their personality, you are stuck for the next 18 years at least dealing with them. Considering the avarage marriage lasts 5 years, that's a lot of commitment to a person you haven't met and can't predict.

(13 year old enfp for sale. works hard. sort of. well not really. messy, emo, and moody like a PMSing woman)

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    That's because you have high Ni. My mom (INFJ) is the same way, she can almost predict stuff happening, it's scary in a way lol. Like she can almost tell ahead of time if something's going to work out or if it's not. It's because your brains are used differently (of course same with the other 15 types).

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I totally would pick a thinker. My first son is an ENFP. He drives me insane. My god the kid is so damned emo.

The second kid is a little thinker of some sort and we mesh much better.

The other day it occured to me that we gets a lot of discretion in who we pick for our mate and spend lots of time finding a compatible partner.

With kids we are pretty much screwed as we get stuck with whatever pops out. It doesn't matter how much you don't like that person or their personality, you are stuck for the next 18 years at least dealing with them. Considering the avarage marriage lasts 5 years, that's a lot of commitment to a person you haven't met and can't predict.

(13 year old enfp for sale. works hard. sort of. well not really. messy, emo, and moody like a PMSing woman)
    Why not see it as an opportunity to educate someone who you intrinsically (usually) love? Why is he so emo, have you asked yourself that?

I'm an F and was very calm as a child (a troublemaker and had an authority problem but calm for the most part) . This has nothing to do with being an F or a T. Healthy Fs are in control of their emotions. More so than the average T, I'd venture.

And to answer the topic question, if given the choice I wouldn't choose, but assuming I'd do a good job with my children, I'd prefer they would grow into F adults than T adults... maybe. Only because Fs tend to be more concerned with others and the world needs more heroes. I know that sounds cheesy but whatever.