User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

17 15.89%
First 56789 Last

deleted

I don't care! Where's that in this? If I had to pick I might go with F. More chance of becoming a musical prodigy.

MBTI
    nnnn

I would grab me a male F child, I'd love an ESFP one, even. Little charmers. We could learn from each other.

INTJ child doesn't really appeal to me, although it would basically be as if no one was there.

MBTI
    LoLz

This made me think about the type assortment in me and my siblings. I have an ESFJ sister, ENFJ sister and ESFP brother. If you look at that, I'm the only I and T. I'm a pretty interesting one out of the bunch for my ESFJ mother and INTJ father. If I had to make a choice, I think I'd want an F. Even though I'm a T, I think I'd have some fun with an F child, having to deal with someone that's not like me.

Another way to look at it, though, the whole 9 months and the years after to find out their orientation, I'd be praying for an introvert. I'd want a feeler if they were introverted. I could deal with an extraverted feeler, but I'd prefer an introvert. I could easily deal with an ExTx.

I'd like a borderline F child.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Haven't read anyone elses responses, but I find this question asinine. I really wouldn't care whether I had a T child or an F child, and if forced to choose, well, I haven't a clue, and truly don't have a preference. I find great, admirable qualities in both.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Haven't read anyone elses responses, but I find this question asinine. I really wouldn't care whether I had a T child or an F child, and if forced to choose, well, I haven't a clue, and truly don't have a preference. I find great, admirable qualities in both.
    We knew what you feelers would say to such a question. So predictable.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Eh... I think it's more that the thread enforces the F/T stereotypes themselves, as if all T children are going to embody this amazing grasp of logic and all F children are going to be caring and kind. Put differently, I think when people envision F, some might envision overly dramatic/emotional, and some might envision overly accommodating. And when people envision T, some might envision calculating and cold, others might envision unemotional robots,others super-logicians, etc. It's simply not the case. I've met ridiculously silly T's with emotional outbursts, and extremely logical F's.

So that's why I really don't have a preference. The actual way the T/F plays out is highly dependent on the E/I, N/S and J/P as well, there's so much individual variance and other psychological factors outside of mbti, and it's just not a rigid system to begin with.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Cascadmn, this thread does not enforce stereotypes. And it doesn't ask about preferences, either. What it does do is show the multitude of different ways that people react to hypothetical questions. It also can offer us a glimpse of deep rooted stereotypes that already exist based on the reasons for the answers chosen, and it allows us to examine our own assumptions. We don't know what kind of factors would go into decisions that we'd never make on our own, but when we're forced, something hidden emerges.

It's purely hypothetical, and it's stated that you absolutely have to choose one or the other, so it's clearly not about preference or stereotype, and by the nature of the way it's phrased, every answer is equally valid and interesting. Even non-answers.

I think I said somewhere in this thread before that I could have said that you have to choose one or the other or the baby will be killed - but I had no idea that people would find it so excruciatingly difficult to answer a hypothetical question. This phenomenon was perhaps one of the most amazing discoveries, but there's many more to be made if one is willing to analyze the seven pages of replies.

Thanks, everyone, for your continued participation. Next time I will make adjustments.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Riva

i want to have ENFJ kids.

fun, kind, loving, smart, creative, ambitious blah blah blah

and the most importantly they DO THEIR HOMEWORK without you having to tell them to.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Eh... I think it's more that the thread enforces the F/T stereotypes themselves, as if all T children are going to embody this amazing grasp of logic and all F children are going to be caring and kind. Put differently, I think when people envision F, some might envision overly dramatic/emotional, and some might envision overly accommodating. And when people envision T, some might envision calculating and cold, others might envision unemotional robots,others super-logicians, etc. It's simply not the case. I've met ridiculously silly T's with emotional outbursts, and extremely logical F's.

So that's why I really don't have a preference. The actual way the T/F plays out is highly dependent on the E/I, N/S and J/P as well, there's so much individual variance and other psychological factors outside of mbti, and it's just not a rigid system to begin with.
    Agree.
    I honestly don't mind what my children will be. I'd just be grateful I had children. Everyone has plus points and everyone has negative points, much as some would deny it.