User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

17 15.89%
First 34567 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Can we stop having hypothetical babies now?

My head is spinning...
    Man, I bet you say that to all the guys.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

*lol*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

T with the intention of teaching them all the F skills on the planet. But I'd at least know how to go about developing and educating my child on those skills--natural Fness?! That'd be difficult for a T to handle from a child when you can't meet in the middle and calmly and rationally discuss feelings.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Would the one T who voted to have an F baby be willing to step forward and identify themselves? Or explain why they made their choice?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP

Do you have to have only one? if thats the case then probably T, but if I had the option of more I'd deff say an F because then I could try and beat in as much T in him/her as possible. plus it would give me a better feel for just how they think, which is always welcome for me cause I can try to rationalize to some extent and that would allow me to engage my T and find a sort of medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Do you have to have only one?
    Yes. Did you cast your vote? Good honest reply. Thank you.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have a really hard time picking. I also assume, based on the concept behind this test, that I can't pick someone with a relatively balanced sense of T and F.

I guess I'd pick an F. I'm bothered by the idea of being closed off from my offspring's Feelings. I closed off my parents.

I think to me it's very important that I know what my child wants. I think, as a parent, knowing the F of ones child is the top priority(at least, in my view of how a parent should be). So I assume that a child with very high F and very low T would be much easier to grasp in that regard than the opposite.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Great answer, Magic.

Default Recapitulation

Votes: 26
    Thinkers who voted: 11
    Feelers who voted: 15

Thinkers for T child: 81.81%
    Thinkers for F child: 18.18%

Feelers for F child: 60%
    Feelers for T child: 40%

More Fs voted in the poll than Ts did, but if we average out the numbers so that they are both equally represented, we end up with this:

T child votes: 60.9%
    F child votes: 39.09%

Why? What do you think about this?

Why did the T babies win? Is there a reason for it? Do you think the results would be similar with a larger sample of voters or is this poll too inconclusive due to the very small number of participants? Even a 10% difference, if consistent enough, is worth examination, in my opinion.

heart on fire

Have one of either type and then try my best to help them develop and become comfortable with their inferior. It would probably be best to have thinking child because this would help in this. They would already be forming their own dominant function and (hopefully healthy) interaction with me would theoritically help them come to terms with inferior better. Whereas with a feeling child I might simply reinforce their primary too much? Not sure...