User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

46 42.99%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

39 36.45%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

5 4.67%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

17 15.89%
First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

All I would want would be for the kid to be communicative. Even though I'm far from the stage where I would even consider motherhood, one of my hypothetical mothering nightmare scenarios is this: The kid hates me for life because, whenever they disagree with me or whenever they object to anything I do, they sit and wallow in resentment instead of being open and honest with me. I would never want my kid(s) to think of me as a dictator - I would want them to feel comfortable stating their full and uncensored opinions to me, so we would have a chance to talk it through, and explain our sides of the story. But if the kid feels like they can't do that, regardless of what I tell them... *shudder*

I suppose the kids who would be most likely to do that would be Fs, but I don't think it's really type-related.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mmm...I want whatever my favorite nephew is, and I'm torn between ENTP and ENFx for him, still. He's thirteen now so he could take the test in a couple more years, but I still think he's too young for me to suggest it.

He was a calm baby, not easily troubled or freaked out by things.

He has a lot of energy and likes to play outside, but he's really more of the kind of kid who likes to play video games and read more than sports, he's not really into athletics beyond riding his bike or running around the yard or going swimming.

I remember when my sister's fiance tried to sign him up for basketball it wasn't something that came easily or naturally to him. He seemed dismayed about it.

Excels in social studies and history.

Is very very clever in an N type way. He "got things" ....my jokes...the sort of movies or shows that I also like...at a ridculously young age, things that seemed verbal and sophisticated that I thought should have gone over his head, and he likes weird and esoteric things.

This is one of the reason I lean ENTP for him. He is insanely clever, and it might also explain his calm demeanor. When I tell him "I love you" he looks at me slyly with a little smile and says "Yeah...about that." It's like an inside joke we have, going back to when he was ten or eleven.

However, he's kind and is the sort of kid who includes "left out" children. I remember being so proud of him in elementary school because he's the kind that would just make sure that nerdy kids or kids who were picked on had friends.

I don't know if that's indicative of just extroversion, or ExFx.

so...whatever he is...I want one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

an F baby, because i tend to get along awesome with Fi dom/aux, good with Fe dom/aux, good with Te dom/aux, and not as well with Ti dom/aux.

it's just a matter of probability.

that said, i'm sure i would love the child ridiculous amounts no matter what their personality. and i think i'd do much better with an INTJ kid than an INFJ... so... it's not really a perfect divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae
    It's not about to whom would you be the better parent. There's a kind of destiny that enables people to grow in the process of parenting.
    i wish i could agree with you, but that's fairly unrealistic. as much as i want to get along better with my INTP dad, we miscommunicate very often, because our styles of thinking and interacting are so different. i can easily say that i have stronger and more refined T thanks to him, and we certainly resonate on an N level, but we also struggle a lot. i suspect it would have been easier had dad been an INTJ and had an inkling of Fi, or if i as a child was NFJ and had an inkling of Ti. my ESFJ mom can thankfully bridge our communication gap to some extent but the tension remains. i love my dad infinitely, but if forced to choose anyway, i would prefer myself and my children to not have to struggle to understand one another as much as dad and i have.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post

but i wouldnt mind havin ENTP,ENTJ and ESTP daughter - am fascinated with ET women.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm kind of puzzled by all of these Fs saying "of course" they'd want a feeler baby. Kids love, you know, they have feelings, whether they are T or F. I don't think that your child would love you less being a T. If anything I'm thinking that a T might be easier to get along with - less emotional drama during teenage years, maybe?

Convinced upon further thought that my nephew is ENTP, I think having an NT son overall would be good - sons are less touchy feely anyway, right? It would be more of like a mental connection, like banter, a kid I could be friends with as well as being a parent, who wouldn't take my own F stuff so personally or to heart. Maybe I would leave less scars on a T child. I can be pretty direct and straight-forward, though I do love fiercely and am actually quite good at doing stereotypical "mom" nurturing type stuff.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    T types are just better. Admit it!
    But not this, no. I don't think T types are better...in fact, if I could break it down I would think that the worse children for me to have would be ESTP (too much energy, I would probably want to hide from him or her) ...pretty much same reasoning with EFJ child, probably would want more than I could give in terms of energy, except EFJ would have emotional/social demands whereas ESTP would just be raging ball of energy. Then I'm afraid an IxFP child might feel abused by me. I wouldn't intend to hurt my children in any way at all, but I think I might come across as a bit harsh to IxFP and distant to ExFJ.

So that's my reasoning that T child would be better. Just not ESTP. I've noticed that some people here have said "oh just not INTJ." I'd take a quiet, grumpy, secretive INTJ child over an ESTP hellion any day.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm kind of puzzled by all of these Fs saying "of course" they'd want a feeler baby. Kids love, you know, they have feelings, whether they are T or F. I don't think that your child would love you less being a T. If anything I'm thinking that a T might be easier to get along with - less emotional drama during teenage years, maybe?
    I'd rather the kid bicker with me every day than keep his mouth shut during his teenage years.

It's the communication style. It is easier to handle a kid with the similar/same communication style. Not that it's any different for teenage angst.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Doesnt matter as long as its Voll normal

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBt_ue2n_g&feature=related"].[/youtube]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Marm: ENTP kids (well developed ones) are great. My cousin is one and he's I think he's an awesome kid. I do love all my little cousies though, so maybe I'm biased.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

A Thinker, largely for practical reasons. I myself am a T so the vast majority of the knowledge that I’ve accumulated, especially that found within science, technology, and business, will be of greater use to a Thinker and to his or her future career path than to an F. It would also be important that I could connect with my child and discuss complex issue with them when they are older. I can’t even vaguely see a problem with having an INTJ child, if only because they’re not apt to get into trouble during their teenage years, are easy to relate (for me), and will most likely think about their future.

As for the poll results, it does seem logical that most people would choose a child who is much like themselves. At the core of it, that is why people have biological children rather than adopt. They want someone whose genetics resemble their own.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox