• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Big Five moving closer to the MBTI

Franz

MBTI Type
enfp
So I guess that a lot of us has had the feeling that Big Five was kinda scratching the surface while MBTI was going deep and telling us about the true underlying factors in our personalities. But it seems that there are scientific issues with the MBTI test which there are not with the Big Five.

So the ideal would be if the Big Five and the MBTI moved closer to each other: It retained some of the numeric and statistical focus of the Big Five, but the content got more intuitive like the MBTI. Well I saw that this one website launched a new Big Five test today which I think is closer to the gist of the MBTI than many other Big Five tests. The test isn't perfect, that's not what I'm saying so please don't flame me. :cry: But I thought it was interesting, coming from an MBTI perspective, and maybe some of you will too. :happy2:

MBTI-ish Big Five Test.

yeghor

So I guess that a lot of us has had the feeling that Big Five was kinda scratching the surface while MBTI was going deep and telling us about the true underlying factors in our personalities. But it seems that there are scientific issues with the MBTI test which there are not with the Big Five.

So the ideal would be if the Big Five and the MBTI moved closer to each other: It retained some of the numeric and statistical focus of the Big Five, but the content got more intuitive like the MBTI. Well I saw that this one website launched a new Big Five test today which I think is closer to the gist of the MBTI than many other Big Five tests. The test isn't perfect, that's not what I'm saying so please don't flame me. :cry: But I thought it was interesting, coming from an MBTI perspective, and maybe some of you will too. :happy2:

MBTI-ish Big Five Test.

Big Five Movie Star Test
You are the most like:

Johnny Depp

"The characters I've played, that I've responded to, there has been a lost-soul quality to them. ... If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's okay to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment."

Compared to the general population, you are:

Above average on Openness.
Above average on Conscientiousness.
Below average on Extroversion.
Average on Agreeableness.
Above average on Neuroticism.

According to scientific data compiled by the Ph.D.s Dana R. Carney, John T. Jost, Samuel D. Gosling, and Jeff Porter, your scores indicate that you are:

Definite, persistent, and tenacious.
Reliable, responsible, orderly, and organized.
Someone who doesn't give up easily.
Likely to maintain more seconds of eye contact in a conversation than the average person.
Likely to use fewer hand movements and gesticulations in a conversation than the average person.
Withdrawn, reserved, and introverted.
Tense, concerned, worrisome.

According to studies done by the Ph.D.s John R. Hibbing, Kevin B. Smith, John R. Alford, Jonathan Haidt, Ravi Iyer, Spassena Koleva, Jesse Graham, and Peter Ditto, your scores indicate that you are:

Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for this study to be able to say anything about you.

According to a scientific study done by the Ph.D.s Gokul Chittaranjan, Jan Blom, and Daniel Gatica-Perez, your scores indicate that if you own a smartphone you are:

Less likely to use internet apps on your smartphone than the average person.
More likely to use productivity apps like (MS Office) on your smartphone than the average person.
Less likely to use entertainment apps (like games, audio, and video) on your smartphone than the average person.
Likely to spend more time emailing (as opposed to calling) from your smartphone than the average person.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Big Five Movie Star Test
You are the most like:

Nicolas Cage

"I have at times felt criminal tendencies. ... I'm attracted to outlaw characters, some sort of sociopaths who get through the problem and the circumstances and rise above it and reach a place of dignity and morality. These are the kind of characters I dig."

High on Openness.
Below average on Conscientiousness.
Above average on Agreeableness.
High on Neuroticism.

According to scientific data compiled by the Ph.D.s Dana R. Carney, John T. Jost, Samuel D. Gosling, and Jeff Porter, your scores indicate that you are:

Eccentric, sensitive, and individualistic.
Open, tolerant, and flexible.
Creative, imaginative, and curious.
Complex, nuanced, and open-minded.
Someone with a strong desire for novelty and diversity.
Likely to use fewer pauses in your speech than the average person.
Spontaneous, impulsive, and quick to improvise.
Adaptive, flexible, good at thinking on your feet.
Likely to use more hand movements and gesticulations in a conversation than the average person.
Trustworthy, faithful, and loyal.
Appreciative, forgiving, and kind.
Anxious, suspicious.

According to studies done by the Ph.D.s John R. Hibbing, Kevin B. Smith, John R. Alford, Jonathan Haidt, Ravi Iyer, Spassena Koleva, Jesse Graham, and Peter Ditto, your scores indicate that you are:

More likely than the average person to have furnished your home in a way that other people regard as 'stylish' or 'distinctive'.
Less likely than the average person to have organized the books and records in your home into some orderly system.
Likely to appreciate more genres of music than the average person.
More likely than the average person to own books about travel (e.g. 'Lonely Planet', 'Rough Guide', and the like).
More likely to have art supplies (e.g. canvas and paint) in your home than the average person.
More likely than the average person to keep old plane and movie tickets as memorabilia.

According to a scientific study done by the Ph.D.s Gokul Chittaranjan, Jan Blom, and Daniel Gatica-Perez, your scores indicate that if you own a smartphone you are:

Likely to use longer words, and more long words, in your text messages than the average person.
Likely to spend less time texting than the average person.
More likely to use entertainment apps (like games, audio, and video) on your smartphone than the average person.
Likely to spend more time emailing (as opposed to calling) from your smartphone than the average person.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I don't see anything reminiscent of the MBTI in the test, however, I have time to burn, so...

You are the most like:

Johnny Depp
"The characters I've played, that I've responded to, there has been a lost-soul quality to them. ... If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's okay to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment."

Average on Conscientiousness.
Average on Extroversion.
Below average on Agreeableness.
Extremely high on Neuroticism.

Argumentative, analytical, and hard-headed.
Critical, someone who gets even when wronged.
Anxious, suspicious.

Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for this study to be able to say anything about you.

Likely to feel that a lot of the calls you receive on your phone are "unwanted."

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are the most like:

Carey Mulligan

"I have always hated nightclubs, and don't like loud music. ... The idea of not having any control over what you're doing is terrifying."

High on Agreeableness.

Likely to use longer words, and more long words, in your text messages than the average person.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Jodie Foster

jodie-foster.jpg

"Normal is not something to aspire to; it's something to get away from. ... If I fail, at least I will have failed my way."

263hiyx.jpg

• Above average on Openness.
  • Average on Conscientiousness.
  • Extremely low on Extroversion.
  • Below average on Agreeableness.
  • Above average on Neuroticism.

• Eccentric, sensitive, and individualistic.
  • Open, tolerant, and flexible.
  • Creative, imaginative, and curious.
  • Complex, nuanced, and open-minded.
  • Someone with a strong desire for novelty and diversity.
  • Likely to use fewer pauses in your speech than the average person.
  • Withdrawn, reserved, and introverted.
  • Argumentative, analytical, and hard-headed.
  • Critical, someone who gets even when wronged.
  • Tense, concerned, worrisome.

• Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for this study to be able to say anything about you. [What does this mean?]

• Likely to use longer words, and more long words, in your text messages than the average person.
  • Likely to spend less time texting than the average person.
  • Less likely to use internet apps on your smartphone than the average person.
  • Likely to feel that a lot of the calls you receive on your phone are "unwanted."
  • Likely to spend more time emailing (as opposed to calling) from your smartphone than the average person.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are the most like:

Tina Fey
tina-fey.jpg

51d1ac31dc266caeb68405c8455f7fba.png

"I don't hate animals and I would never hurt an animal; I just don't actively care about them. When a coworker shows me cute pictures of her dog, I struggle to respond correctly, like an autistic person who has been taught to recognize human emotions from flash cards."

• High on Openness.
  • Below average on Conscientiousness.
  • Below average on Extroversion.
  • Average on Agreeableness.

• Eccentric, sensitive, and individualistic.
  • Open, tolerant, and flexible.
  • Creative, imaginative, and curious.
  • Complex, nuanced, and open-minded.
  • Someone with a strong desire for novelty and diversity.
  • Likely to use fewer pauses in your speech than the average person.
  • Tense, concerned, worrisome.

• More likely than the average person to have furnished your home in a way that other people regard as 'stylish' or 'distinctive'.
  • Less likely than the average person to have organized the books and records in your home into some orderly system.
  • Likely to appreciate more genres of music than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to own books about travel (e.g. 'Lonely Planet', 'Rough Guide', and the like).
  • More likely to have art supplies (e.g. canvas and paint) in your home than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to keep old plane and movie tickets as memorabilia.

• Likely to use longer words, and more long words, in your text messages than the average person.
  • Likely to spend less time texting than the average person.
  • Likely to spend more time emailing (as opposed to calling) from your smartphone than the average person.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Big Five Movie Star Test
You are the most like:

Tina Fey

"I don't hate animals and I would never hurt an animal; I just don't actively care about them. When a coworker shows me cute pictures of her dog, I struggle to respond correctly, like an autistic person who has been taught to recognize human emotions from flash cards."

High on Openness.
Low on Conscientiousness.
Low on Agreeableness.
High on Neuroticism.

Likely to use more hand movements and gesticulations in a conversation than the average person.

More likely than the average person to have furnished your home in a way that other people regard as 'stylish' or 'distinctive'.
Less likely than the average person to have organized the books and records in your home into some orderly system.
More likely than the average person to own books about travel (e.g. 'Lonely Planet', 'Rough Guide', and the like).
More likely to have art supplies (e.g. canvas and paint) in your home than the average person.
More likely than the average person to keep old plane and movie tickets as memorabilia.

More likely to use entertainment apps (like games, audio, and video) on your smartphone than the average person.
Likely to feel that a lot of the calls you receive on your phone are "unwanted."

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Big Five Movie Star Test
You are the most like:

Andrew Garfield
andrew-garfield.jpg

"What I think makes Spider-Man a better superhero is his compassion and his sensitivity. Being an underdog himself he wants to protect the underdog. He's protecting a part of himself - the five-year-old boy inside that got bullied in the playground."

h113dzQ.png

High on Openness.
Average on Extroversion.
High on Agreeableness.

93JC

You are the most like: Anthony Hopkins

"I have a punishing workout regimen. Every day I do 3 minutes on a treadmill, then I lie down, drink a glass of vodka and smoke a cigarette."

• Average on Openness.
  • Average on Conscientiousness.
  • Low on Extroversion.
  • Average on Agreeableness.

• Withdrawn, reserved, and introverted.
  • Tense, concerned, worrisome. :)shrug:)

• Amazingly, your personality is simply too smooth and well-rounded for this study to be able to say anything about you.

• Less likely to use internet apps on your smartphone than the average person.
  • Likely to spend more time emailing (as opposed to calling) from your smartphone than the average person. :)huh:)

á´…eparted

passages
YESSSSSSS.

I freaking LOVE Uma Thurman! I have always felt this connection to her, and identified with her "style" in a sense. It definitely reasonates, and I could see myself acting in a very similar manner.

Uma Thurman
"I think [ass-kicking] is sort of thrilling. ... As a female ... you're taught not to be aggressive."

uma-thurman.jpg

dwMbocY.png

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Big Five Movie Star Test
You are the most like:

Kristen Stewart

2ajayac.jpg

"I have been criticized a lot for not looking perfect in every photograph. I'm not embarrassed about it. I'm proud of it. If I took perfect pictures all the time, the people standing in the room with me, or on the carpet, would think ... 'What a faker!'"

iy26io.jpg

-Below average on Openness.
-Below average on Conscientiousness.
-Extremely low on Extroversion.
-Extremely low on Agreeableness.
-Above average on Neuroticism.

Practical, realistic.
Likely to use more pauses in your speech than the average person.

Stern, cold,(always with strangers, never with family)
and robot-like.

Likely to spend more time texting than the average person.

Bold= accurate.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Below average on Agreeableness.

The part in the bolded is annoying. Not that it isn't true, but it makes me sound like a "found object" artist in Williamsburg.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Male: Nicolas Cage

"I have at times felt criminal tendencies. ... I'm attracted to outlaw characters, some sort of sociopaths who get through the problem and the circumstances and rise above it and reach a place of dignity and morality. These are the kind of characters I dig."

Female: Mia Wasikowska

"Everybody has a conflict with themselves. You do have a dark and a light side. There have definitely been times when I have that awful feeling that I'm balancing two people. ... Although I'm not particularly troubled myself, I do have a lot of empathy for troubled characters."

EDIT: These seem to be the male/female equivalents, as the rest of the results were the same.

Extremely high on Openness.
Low on Conscientiousness.
Low on Extroversion.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dup again again.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look everybody, I'm John Stewart! I generally agree with the results, and don't so much identify with the Celeb, although I certainly have nothing against him.

"You just have to keep trying to do good work, and hope that it leads to more good work. I want to look back on my career and be proud of the work, and be proud that I tried everything."

High on Openness.
Above average on Extroversion.
Average on Neuroticism.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Emma Stone (Love her!!):

Below average on Openness.
Above average on Conscientiousness.
Above average on Extroversion.
Average on Neuroticism.

Expressive.
Active, assertive, energetic.

Likely to receive more calls on your phone than the average person.
More likely to use internet apps on your smartphone than the average person.

ygolo

My termites win
Daniel Day-Lewis
daniel-day-lewis.jpg
Daniel-Day-Lewis-Comparison.png

"I suppose I have a highly developed capacity for self-delusion, so it's no problem for me to believe I'm somebody else."

---

High on Conscientiousness.
High on Agreeableness.
High on Neuroticism.

---

Likely to maintain more seconds of eye contact in a conversation than the average person.
Likely to use fewer hand movements and gesticulations in a conversation than the average person.
---

---

More likely to use productivity apps like (MS Office) on your smartphone than the average person.
Less likely to use entertainment apps (like games, audio, and video) on your smartphone than the average person.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Matt Damon

"The average American lives [are] in a way almost unthinkable to a couple of billion people in the world. There's an unbelievable imbalance. I think it's uncumbent on all of us to do what we can to mitigate other people's pain. There's so many ways we can help."

High on Conscientiousness.
Average on Extroversion.
High on Neuroticism.

according to scientific data compiled by the Ph.D.s Dana R. Carney, John T. Jost, Samuel D. Gosling, and Jeff Porter, your scores indicate that you are:

Law-abiding, thrifty, and good with money.
Careful, methodical, and self-controlled.