First 123 Last

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I have so many stories. I'll try to distill--

- When one little detail in my plan is wrong, it totally ruins the whole thing for me. I start getting disproportionately depressed and impulsive about it; I've been known to call off entire life projects because one little thing doesn't align. Example, I called off an entire 3-day trip in some ancient ruins because I was supposed to start at 10 am, but my bike malfunctioned and it was more like 11:30 before I got started. Not good enough. I left for another, better, city. It's completely disproportionate.

- Being oblivious to details, including in my personal appearance. I was recently yelled at, at work, for having scruffy hair and chipped nail polish for instance, which I literally did not even notice. And I was trying to look my very best! It was extremely demoralizing to be told to always be polishing myself up, trying that, then being told that I overlooked a million things and I still wasn't good enough. My inferiority piqued, I very nearly up and quit and left the country. GIVE UP NOW, trying is the first step in the road to Failure. It feels like torture always having to be attuned to this stuff.

- When deadlines start getting tight, I can lose my sense of proportion, e.g., getting fussy with the punctuation on a written assignment. I like...start crying with frustration and desperation, one mistake means I need to start all over, it's the end of the world. People think I am horribly perfectionistic and idealistic because of this propensity. Have been considered for an enneagram 1.

- Having dark visions of the future because the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I've had a rough life in some ways and when I remember too many painful things I start getting depressed, dwelling in it, and become convinced that my future is doomed to suck because the past always has. (I was particularly like this in college, and I don't think it's a mistake I tested as Introverting-Sensing on the MBTI during this time.)

- ISTJs who spout off every fact known to man make me feel like an idiot. I lost a valuable relationship once, because my friend was so intent on telling me everything he knew about everything that I assumed I was a stupid airhead with nothing intelligent to say. I completely withdrew and refused to interact lest my incompetency show. I had no idea he'd feel the same about my Ne!

- The hypochondria thing is so true of me that this is what sealed Ne-dom for me. I tend to over-feel varying parts of my digestive tract and think I'm getting sick. Usually, there's some other physical need I'm repressing. I also get panicky in general--I've spent the last...oh, 20 years utterly convinced I'm developing cancer. Diseases scare me.

You asked how I get out of this? Basically, the only thing you can do is realize you're having an attack and try to wait till it blows over. Your sense of proportion will realign and, once again, all things will seem possible. At least that's how it is for me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I find it extremely difficult to pay attention to one thing at once unless something can completely engage me at once (and few things can). I have to write numerous to-do lists to remember to do things because I lose them otherwise. My room looks like a bomb exploded, and not a nuclear one like my ISTJ mother where there's nothing left behind. Procrastination is my middle name‒I can't do something unless I feel like it. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating through the constraints of time and space on a different plane of existence.

I'm not high,
    Don't blame me.
    I don't have ADD,
    Just inferior Si.*

*This does in fact rhyme because I've always thought of it not as "introverted sensing" but like the the letter "c."
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1076083/platypus-o.gif
    7w6-4w5-9w1 sx/sp ISFP

Chaotic neutral~Accidental Slytherin
    Fi~Se~Ni~Te~Ne~Ti~Fe~Si

♪ "I'm like a bird, I shit on people's cars." ~ John Oliver

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphie View Post
    I find it extremely difficult to pay attention to one thing at once unless something can completely engage me at once (and few things can). I have to write numerous to-do lists to remember to do things because I lose them otherwise. My room looks like a bomb exploded, and not a nuclear one like my ISTJ mother where there's nothing left behind. Procrastination is my middle name‒I can't do something unless I feel like it. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating through the constraints of time and space on a different plane of existence.

I'm not high,
    Don't blame me.
    I don't have ADD,
    Just inferior Si.*

*This does in fact rhyme because I've always thought of it not as "introverted sensing" but like the the letter "c."
    "Si" rhymes with "high"
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I have so many stories. I'll try to distill--

- When one little detail in my plan is wrong, it totally ruins the whole thing for me. I start getting disproportionately depressed and impulsive about it; I've been known to call off entire life projects because one little thing doesn't align. Example, I called off an entire 3-day trip in some ancient ruins because I was supposed to start at 10 am, but my bike malfunctioned and it was more like 11:30 before I got started. Not good enough. I left for another, better, city. It's completely disproportionate.

- Being oblivious to details, including in my personal appearance. I was recently yelled at, at work, for having scruffy hair and chipped nail polish for instance, which I literally did not even notice. And I was trying to look my very best! It was extremely demoralizing to be told to always be polishing myself up, trying that, then being told that I overlooked a million things and I still wasn't good enough. My inferiority piqued, I very nearly up and quit and left the country. GIVE UP NOW, trying is the first step in the road to Failure. It feels like torture always having to be attuned to this stuff.

- When deadlines start getting tight, I can lose my sense of proportion, e.g., getting fussy with the punctuation on a written assignment. I like...start crying with frustration and desperation, one mistake means I need to start all over, it's the end of the world. People think I am horribly perfectionistic and idealistic because of this propensity. Have been considered for an enneagram 1.

- Having dark visions of the future because the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I've had a rough life in some ways and when I remember too many painful things I start getting depressed, dwelling in it, and become convinced that my future is doomed to suck because the past always has. (I was particularly like this in college, and I don't think it's a mistake I tested as Introverting-Sensing on the MBTI during this time.)

- ISTJs who spout off every fact known to man make me feel like an idiot. I lost a valuable relationship once, because my friend was so intent on telling me everything he knew about everything that I assumed I was a stupid airhead with nothing intelligent to say. I completely withdrew and refused to interact lest my incompetency show. I had no idea he'd feel the same about my Ne!

- The hypochondria thing is so true of me that this is what sealed Ne-dom for me. I tend to over-feel varying parts of my digestive tract and think I'm getting sick. Usually, there's some other physical need I'm repressing. I also get panicky in general--I've spent the last...oh, 20 years utterly convinced I'm developing cancer. Diseases scare me.

You asked how I get out of this? Basically, the only thing you can do is realize you're having an attack and try to wait till it blows over. Your sense of proportion will realign and, once again, all things will seem possible. At least that's how it is for me.
    All of this, except I spout off facts, too, especially interesting ones…
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    All of this, except I spout off facts, too, especially interesting ones…
    I wonder if that's Si humming in the background...I do this, too. Random stuff...but completely disorganized.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I wonder if that's Si humming in the background...I do this, too. Random stuff...but completely disorganized.
    Exactly
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

Enneagram

I'm not a hypochondriac, but when I get really stressed, I become convinced I'm balding or that I somehow have male cellulite, and then when I feel better, my hairline magically returns to normal and my "cellulite" disappears.

I can multiply double digit numbers in my head, but I can't seem to count by ones when I'm balancing the registers at the end of the night. I always second-guess myself.

When I gift wrap parcels at work, I often start sweating profusely in sheer terror. If a customer is watching me wrap a rather difficult item, I often will drip right on the parcel. Every time someone asks me to wrap a gift, I get butterflies. This is despite the fact that I have wrapped countless packages over several years, and I'm not even bad at wrapping.

On nights when I close up the store, I often have nightmares that I get in big trouble for forgetting one crucial detail before going home (forgot to lock the doors, for example).

If I am bombarded with details and nitpicking and complicated instructions, I almost want to cry. In fact, if you put me in that situation, let me flail around for a while, and then criticize my failures, I would probably cry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'll preface by saying that I'm on meds, so keep that in mind. Si is still an issue for me, but it's a manageable one. I start to notice when I'm in the grips of it when my friends get their really concerned faces on and ask things like, "Can you please not take pictures while you're driving?" or "Are you wearing the same clothes you were wearing 3 days ago?" To which I look down and realize, "oh shit--but can it please just wait until after I finish taking notes about this theory of the colors and textures that time and space has?" Eventually, I tend to forget to pay bills and my phone, internet, and hot water will get shut off. Dealing with those repercussions has the positive effect of minimizing my Ne-feeds while at home, forcing me to pay attention to all that useless Si body-data.

I start noticing that I'm hungry. That my dog's fur is soft. That I could clean my dishes more than once a week and that would actually be less disgusting and make things easier for me. I realize that my apartment isn't organized very efficiently, and maybe I could move a lamp closer to my couch instead of hovering somewhere half on, half off the couch while trying to wedge myself between a stack of books and a stack of dishes on the couch.

I start feeling out the warm things, the soft things, the yummy things in my environment. And reveling in them. Hot fudge sundaes, holy shit those things are amazing. But seriously--stop reading and go eat something yummy! That will help you get in touch with your Si side more than analyzing about how to get in touch with your Si and cope with Ne overload. If that doesn't work, try a warm thing or soft thing. Rinse, repeat. Your ideas and stimulation can wait, I promise. You won't figure the world out in a half hour. But your body sure could use the TLC. If you can't feel pleasure from these things, you're probably taking on too much or you need to see a therapist to get out some of the stress you probably are carrying around but don't notice until something breaks down. When your body is cared for, you don't need to obsess so much over the details.

I also tend to let other people handle those types of tasks and focus on having most of my days unstructured when I can have that. Each day, I leave some open time where I can do whatever strikes my fancy on a whim. It's really refreshing to be able to take off down some train tracks and take pictures, or drive down a street I don't normally go down, make lots of connections and see lots of new things to feel like I'm not stagnating. I have more composure for the short amounts of (anticipated) time I am spending looking at details. I tell people that they can't expect me to get things well with details and that I can't be counted on for that sort of thing. I find more friends who are good with that sort of thing and drop the ones have fits of hysterics over my spaciness.

Hope that helps.
    549 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I'm not a hypochondriac, but when I get really stressed, I become convinced I'm balding or that I somehow have male cellulite, and then when I feel better, my hairline magically returns to normal and my "cellulite" disappears.

I can multiply double digit numbers in my head, but I can't seem to count by ones when I'm balancing the registers at the end of the night. I always second-guess myself.

When I gift wrap parcels at work, I often start sweating profusely in sheer terror. If a customer is watching me wrap a rather difficult item, I often will drip right on the parcel. Every time someone asks me to wrap a gift, I get butterflies. This is despite the fact that I have wrapped countless packages over several years, and I'm not even bad at wrapping.

On nights when I close up the store, I often have nightmares that I get in big trouble for forgetting one crucial detail before going home (forgot to lock the doors, for example).

If I am bombarded with details and nitpicking and complicated instructions, I almost want to cry. In fact, if you put me in that situation, let me flail around for a while, and then criticize my failures, I would probably cry.
    OMG! I have the same problem at the pharmacy!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by thistlechaser View Post
    I'll preface by saying that I'm on meds, so keep that in mind. Si is still an issue for me, but it's a manageable one. I start to notice when I'm in the grips of it when my friends get their really concerned faces on and ask things like, "Can you please not take pictures while you're driving?" or "Are you wearing the same clothes you were wearing 3 days ago?" To which I look down and realize, "oh shit--but can it please just wait until after I finish taking notes about this theory of the colors and textures that time and space has?" Eventually, I tend to forget to pay bills and my phone, internet, and hot water will get shut off. Dealing with those repercussions has the positive effect of minimizing my Ne-feeds while at home, forcing me to pay attention to all that useless Si body-data.

I start noticing that I'm hungry. That my dog's fur is soft. That I could clean my dishes more than once a week and that would actually be less disgusting and make things easier for me. I realize that my apartment isn't organized very efficiently, and maybe I could move a lamp closer to my couch instead of hovering somewhere half on, half off the couch while trying to wedge myself between a stack of books and a stack of dishes on the couch.

I start feeling out the warm things, the soft things, the yummy things in my environment. And reveling in them. Hot fudge sundaes, holy shit those things are amazing. But seriously--stop reading and go eat something yummy! That will help you get in touch with your Si side more than analyzing about how to get in touch with your Si and cope with Ne overload. If that doesn't work, try a warm thing or soft thing. Rinse, repeat. Your ideas and stimulation can wait, I promise. You won't figure the world out in a half hour. But your body sure could use the TLC. If you can't feel pleasure from these things, you're probably taking on too much or you need to see a therapist to get out some of the stress you probably are carrying around but don't notice until something breaks down. When your body is cared for, you don't need to obsess so much over the details.

I also tend to let other people handle those types of tasks and focus on having most of my days unstructured when I can have that. Each day, I leave some open time where I can do whatever strikes my fancy on a whim. It's really refreshing to be able to take off down some train tracks and take pictures, or drive down a street I don't normally go down, make lots of connections and see lots of new things to feel like I'm not stagnating. I have more composure for the short amounts of (anticipated) time I am spending looking at details. I tell people that they can't expect me to get things well with details and that I can't be counted on for that sort of thing. I find more friends who are good with that sort of thing and drop the ones have fits of hysterics over my spaciness.

Hope that helps.
    It really, really does! Thank you!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan