User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Default If SP and SJ were replaced by SF and ST...

how would you describe their temperaments?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

SF-Nurses and Caregivers
    ST-Truckers and Repairmen
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    SF-Nurses and Caregivers
    ST-Truckers and Repairmen
    Funny. I have ISTP auntie that's a nurse and an ESFJ uncle (her husband) who co-owns and manages an earthmoving business. They're both pretty fantastic at their jobs too.

I'm sure you weren't entirely being serious but still...

I'll give it a go. This is a bit of ham-fisted attempt really, but it's not easy:

ST - practical, pragmatic, action-oriented people; possesses acuity of vision; prefer to speak and act directly, with minimal ambiguity; seeks to establish a functional environment; often irreverent about unworkable ideas.

SF - receptive, responsive, connection-oriented people; possesses acuity of impression; prefer to speak and act with mindfulness and appreciation; seek to establish agreeable and conducive environment.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I think besides quadras socionics actually differs NF, NT, ST and SF types. SFs - are the caregivers/ nurses or the animal's rights activists. More like hippy face of SP temperament.
    STs - are the machinists/builders. More pragmatic and down to earth face of SP temperament.

I personally think these categories would be more accurate. Although both ESFP and ISTP still use Se and Ni, I can hardly imagine what would these 2 types really have in common on a deeper level of understanding.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'll give it a go. This is a bit of ham-fisted attempt really, but it's not easy:

ST - practical, pragmatic, action-oriented people; possesses acuity of vision; prefer to speak and act directly, with minimal ambiguity; seeks to establish a functional environment; often irreverent about unworkable ideas.

SF - receptive, responsive, connection-oriented people; possesses acuity of impression; prefer to speak and act with mindfulness and appreciation; seek to establish agreeable and conducive environment.
    I think this is a pretty good description considering you did it on the spot too. I wonder what it is SFs might be irreverent towards, along with NFs and NTs. This description seem to encompass all the qualities I associate with STs and SFs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    I personally think these categories would be more accurate. Although both ESFP and ISTP still use Se and Ni, I can hardly imagine what would these 2 types really have in common on a deeper level of understanding.
    Yeah, this is what I think too. I mean, although an ENFJ and I have completely different functional preference, I still would relate to them more than an INTP. I think the two middle letters cover a lot more ground than the 2nd and 4th.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think this is a pretty good description considering you did it on the spot too. I wonder what it is SFs might be irreverent towards, along with NFs and NTs. This description seem to encompass all the qualities I associate with STs and SFs too.

Yeah, this is what I think too. I mean, although an ENFJ and I have completely different functional preference, I still would relate to them more than an INTP. I think the two middle letters cover a lot more ground than the 2nd and 4th.
    Agreed.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

I prefer grouping by dominant functions myself.

So:

ITP
    ETJ
    IFP
    EFJ
    ESP
    ISJ
    ENP
    INJ

I know this doesn't solve or answer the temperament issue, and yes, I realize that some of the types which share dominant functions have very little in common temperamentally.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Myers thought NT/NF/ST/SF was the most meaningful way to divide the types into four groups.

The second edition of the MBTI Manual (which she co-authored) described the STs as "the practical and matter-of-fact types"; and in Gifts Differing, Myers said:

Quote Originally Posted by Myers
    [The STs'] main interest focuses upon facts, because facts can be collected and verified directly by the senses. ... ST people approach their decisions regarding these facts by impersonal analysis, because of their trust in thinking, with its step-by-step logical process of reasoning from cause to effect, from premise to conclusion. In consequence, their personalities tend to be practical and matter-of-fact, and their best chances of success and satisfaction lie in fields that demand impersonal analysis of concrete facts, such as economics, law, surgery, business, accounting, production, and the handling of machines and materials.
    That same edition of the Manual described SFs as "the sympathetic and friendly types"; and in Gifts Differing, Myers said:

Quote Originally Posted by Myers
    [The SFs] approach their decisions with personal warmth, because their feeling weighs how much things matter to themselves and others. They are more interested in facts about people than in facts about things and, therefore, they tend to be sociable and friendly. They are most likely to succeed and be satisfied in work where their personal warmth can be applied effectively to the immediate situation, as in pediatrics, nursing, teaching (especially elementary), social work, selling of tangibles, and service-with-a-smile jobs.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Really? Good.

I wasn't sure about the SF equivalent for the "irreverence" part. I started to write something about them being tetchy when an agreeable environment is disrupted, but I couldn't quite find the right words to convey it. SFs seems to like a positive, congenial, free-flowing atmosphere: with SFJs the focus is more interpersonal (ie. everyone's getting along and on the same page) and with SFPs it's more impression based (ie. the flow of ideas and sensory information) - but I don't know...

EDIT: I guess what I'm talking about is a sense of harmony with/within the environment being disrupted

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Myers thought NT/NF/ST/SF was the most meaningful way to divide the types into four groups.

The second edition of the MBTI Manual (which she co-authored) described the STs as "the practical and matter-of-fact types"; and in Gifts Differing, Myers said:

That same edition of the Manual described SFs as "the sympathetic and friendly types"; and in Gifts Differing, Myers said:
    That's great. Thanks for that.

Seems I actually wasn't far off.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ST and SF are part of the Interaction Styles (as are NP and NJ). ST (and NJ) is "directive", and SF (and NP) is "informative". As temperament originally included the dimension of "task vs people" focus, these end up best used with classic temperament's other dimension, which is basically I/E.

This is just how it came out, since S/N was a new factor not used with classic temperament, so it maps to it in a very asymmetrical way.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas