• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP - Closest Personality to Psychic?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nothing you said about ENTPs is even remotely true, IMO, besides these six words:

"Not purely sensory, interpretations and intuition"

except insofar as they may or may not apply to all [most] humans of slightly above average intelligence.

mmkay.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm. ENTPs seem to be the most people-centered of the NTs because of tert Fe.

From an experience with two that were "stereotypical;" they seem to catch people a bit logically but fall short of what NFJs are able to do by quite a mile. Many people didn't like one of them because of how he'd (possibly) use "Fe" as a means of trolling. He was good at appearing to be your friend only to try to see if he was smarter or more interesting than you. His girlfriend similarly found him suave but a little unemotional.

On the contrary, there are INFJs with strong Ti that can be seen in many scientific and mathemtical fields. I'd imagine that an ENTP with enough will or experience could foster Fe to a degree of aura readings. The ENTPs I speak of were 21/22 at the time, so perhaps Fe was not as central as it would possibly be later in life.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. ENTPs seem to be the most people-centered of the NTs because of tert Fe.

From an experience with two that were "stereotypical;" they seem to catch people a bit logically but fall short of what NFJs are able to do by quite a mile. Many people didn't like one of them because of how he'd (possibly) use "Fe" as a means of trolling. He was good at appearing to be your friend only to try to see if he was smarter or more interesting than you. His girlfriend similarly found him suave but a little unemotional.

On the contrary, there are INFJs with strong Ti that can be seen in many scientific and mathemtical fields. I'd imagine that an ENTP with enough will or experience could foster Fe to a degree of aura readings. The ENTPs I speak of were 21/22 at the time, so perhaps Fe was not as central as it would possibly be later in life.

Yeah, and I really only use "Psychic" for a lack of a better word. AND I'm talking more about in group situations, like reading people.

Here's another word, "Spidey Sense,"

What's 21/22?

I don't know ENFJ types very well. But I could see what you're talking about.

The other thought that occured to me was the ENTP's ability to see the big picture (and on ALL of this, I'm talking about a mature, highly developed ENTP).

I'm MORE than willing to admit that I'm wrong. That's why I started this thread, haha.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, and I really only use "Psychic" for a lack of a better word. AND I'm talking more about in group situations, like reading people.

What's 21/22?

I don't know ENFJ types very well. But I could see what you're talking about.

The other thought that occured to me was the ENTP's ability to see the big picture (and on ALL of this, I'm talking about a mature, highly developed ENTP).

I'm MORE than willing to admit that I'm wrong. That's why I started this thread, haha.

21 and 22 were the ages of the two ENTPs I talked of.

It's suggested that we use our first two functions unconsciously or largely wtihout effort at ages 7-15. This is not true for the tertiary and inferior functions--both of which develop for most people in their late 20s and 30s, respectively. So, it is theorhetically more likely for an Ni-Fe or Fe-Ni type to be more gifted at reading people sheerly because their "Fe" has mostly never been absent or diminutive.

As with all function stackings, there is no real, practical rule they imply. An ENTP may naturally do better at reading people than an INFJ with poor social skills. An ENTP may have more experience with larger groups of people than a very introverted or aloof XNFJ. This could make the ENTP better in this sense by comparison. Lastly, IQ and EQ also play huge roles, probably much more than type.

However, all factors equal, I'd say "phychic" ability goes more towards XNFJ, with most XNFPs second. ENTPs would have a strong Ne and Ti, which in theory, would confer more of an ability to create and identify bullshit in their own or other's arguments pretty much on the spot.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like xNxP's would be the best at pretending to be psychic.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the psychics we see these days are just ENTP charlatans bilking stupid and/or grieving people out of their money.

Otherwise, no, ENTP's are not especially psychic.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
I am frequently told that I am full of shit, so perhaps you are on to something.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do think that being an “Fe user” puts a certain focus on interpersonal cause-and-effect that “Fi users” don’t seem to have. There’s always an instant if/then connection being made, an automatic domino effect: “If this person did _____, it likely means _____.” No matter how tentative we are about those connections- because there’s always the chance we’re mistaken about what something ‘means’- we can’t really choose for that second domino not to fall once the first one has fallen over (we can make ourselves aware of the difference between the first domino and the second, but we can't stop that second domino from falling over/occurring to us). And I think a lot of that is done on an unconscious level (probably especially where Fe is tert/inf? or maybe not *shrug*)- so it may feel psychic. But it's all just connections being made 'behind the curtain' in our own mind.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
If there were such a thing. Extrasensory perception. Picking up on things. Little ticks in the face, gestures, voice tone. Nothing individually analyzed, all absorbed as one. Not purely sensory, interpretations and intuition based on a life already thick with experience and observation, even at a young age.

Si?

edit: may bump in the morn, when three little birds are on my doorstep.

No it would probably be INFJ. I'll give you second place if you like though.

I notice INFJs actually physiologically morph into whoever theyre speaking to possibly unconsciously.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Its interesting though, Ive tossed around the idea that each type doubles as the epitome of some archetype. Like as an ESTP If I were a tai chi master I'd probably have telekinesis or smth, or Id be some storm mage fag.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, maybe. I know an xNTP (pretty sure he's an I) and he is almost weirdly psychic. But, yeah, I agree with what you said about perception.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In this thread

2164de773915497b6d0f4f2e4029718f-gif-glitch-8.gif

Attachments

• 2164de773915497b6d0f4f2e4029718f.gif
    2164de773915497b6d0f4f2e4029718f.gif
    996.4 KB · Views: 2

Qre:us

I think the word you're looking for is perceptive. ENxPs are known to be the most perceptive about their external environment. Some of them, anyway....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTPs might be the most likely to think they are psychic as they can be quite grandiose and still insensitive to others.

A NT would never think he is psychic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the word you're looking for is perceptive. ENxPs are known to be the most perceptive about their external environment. Some of them, anyway....

I'd say that's about right.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A NT would never think he is psychic

Agreed.

Like I said in the first sentence of this thread "If there were such a thing."

If people said of someone "He's like, totally psychic, I swear" I would just interpret that as "He's very good at picking up subtleties that most people consciously miss."