First 1234 Last

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I thought one person was ESxP. Turns out she was ENTJ... 31 years old, right in the age of developing her Se.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I mistyped my boyfriend as ENFP at first when it turns out he's (self-confirmed) ISFJ. He is warm and engaging in conversation and his ideas flow freely and rapidly. I mistook it for Fi and Ne when it was actually Fe and Si. Si is surprisingly beautiful and lush when articulated by a Si-dom.

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would think theoretically mistypings between the Si/Ne axes and Ni/Se axes would be less common e.g. an ISFP would be less quick to mistype as an ISFJ than an ISTP so long as someone got past the basic T/F stereotypes etc.?

I originally tested INTJ and that was my only ever real "mistype" other than reading about how all the functions manifest in each type to ensure I had it right. The thought now of being Fi over Fe is rather funny.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I talked about this before with @Starry but I sometimes see confusion between the 2nd and 4th letters when it comes to someone's type. So for example, ESFJ and ENFP, INTJ and ISTP, etc. For a ore specific example, I know a lot of people debated between ENTJ and ESTP for Gordon Ramsay.

Not sure what the reason is behind this though. Generally, though, it could be interaction style. Like, ESFJs and ENFPs can both be warm and engaging. ENTJs and ESTPs can both be no-nonsense and directive. ISTJs and INTPs can both be analytical and distant. And so on. Just random speculating though. It could also be knowing one's perceiving functions but not judging.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Chanaynay
    I don't notice this at all with FPs and FJs. Fi and Fe are just too different (unless you have, say, a 1 and 4 fixed FJ vs a 2 and 9 fixed FP)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Chanaynay
    I don't notice this at all with FPs and FJs. Fi and Fe are just too different (unless you have, say, a 1 and 4 fixed FJ vs a 2 and 9 fixed FP)
    I know you want to distance yourself from any Fe user as much as possible but my experience is different.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I know you want to distance yourself from any Fe user as much as possible but my experience is different.
    likely because you're 729 (which is a more Fe-ish tritype). it's probably the 8 in me combined with Fi/Te that doesn't get along with Fe (8 is somewhere in my personality. not sure where yet at the moment lol). 9 fixers are more amicable and the subtle (or not so subtle) implications of "should" which Fe is prone to are less bothersome to them.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    likely because you're 729 (which is a more Fe-ish tritype). it's probably the 8 in me combined with Fi/Te that doesn't get along with Fe (8 is somewhere in my personality. not sure where yet at the moment lol). 9 fixers are more amicable and the subtle (or not so subtle) implications of "should" which Fe is prone to are less bothersome to them.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

You would think it would be more common, but it actually isn't: simple I/E mistypings.

Years back when I was on the INFJforums, the most common mistyping was between INFJ/INFP. The least? I'd say it's a close tie between INFJ/ISFJ and INFJ/ENFJ. The former was in such low frequency mostly due to horrible stereotypes perpetuated by the membership base. The latter was mostly because people never even entertained the possibility of being extroverted. Even if they were close on a dichotomy. They assumed they weren't socially adept enough, well liked enough, and interactive enough to be ruled by an e function. It was just assumed conclusion.

I thought I was INFJ for about 9 years (I was into typology as a teenager too), and it wasn't until early this year that I figured out I am actually ENFJ. I had never even considered extroversion as a possibility before. To many, it just seems like the most obvious thing to sort out, but in reality, it isn't. One really needs to try and avoid asking stereotypical introversion/extroversion questions to get it clear.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

I am from personalitycafe, and I was kind of up for debate a few times, with some positing INFJ or INTJ. I'm not sure if it's a common mistyping, but I can relate to both.