Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default ENTJ vs ESTJ

Explain.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Explain.
    entj = ceo or dictator

estj = commander or drill sergeant

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

In a nutshell, the ESTJ is an extraverted thinker who is more likely to strive to uphold the current order of things (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). This doesn't mean they can't be forward thinking reformers, it just means that they will be most likely to measure all new ideas and experience against a storehouse of sensory info and past experiences to find the best, most logical, most efficient system. The ENTJ is an extraverted thinker who will also seek to implement a streamlined, efficient system, but they will rely on their introverted intuition to see new alternatives and methods which may not yet have been put into practice. Both types are, by nature, primarily schemers, planners, and administrators.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    In a nutshell, the ESTJ is an extraverted thinker who is more likely to strive to uphold the current order of things (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). This doesn't mean they can't be forward thinking reformers, it just means that they will be most likely to measure all new ideas and experience against a storehouse of sensory info and past experiences to find the best, most logical, most efficient system. The ENTJ is an extraverted thinker who will also seek to implement a streamlined, efficient system, but they will rely on their introverted intuition to see new alternatives and methods which may not yet have been put into practice. Both types are, by nature, primarily schemers, planners, and administrators.
    This.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I know an ESTJ and an ENTJ and they hate each other.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I know an ESTJ and an ENTJ and they hate each other.
    I'd pay to see that fight go down.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'd pay to see that fight go down.
    Vee versus Red on the latest season Orange is the New Black, literally fighting.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Now, I am pretty sure my mother is ESTJ, but my Step-father is ESTx. What is ESTP vs ESTJ?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

Now, I am pretty sure my mother is ESTJ, but my Step-father is ESTx. What is ESTP vs ESTJ?
    The difference hinges on the fundamental differences between Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Sensing and between Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Thinking.

Picture two CEOs of a company. The ESTJ CEO is going to be more prone to a by-the-book management style. He or she will prefer not to take risks unless they see it as a sure thing. Second, they will probably have more patience for facts, data, charts, and so on. The ESTP CEO is the troubleshooter called in to make quick decisions on the fly. The ESTJ, on the other hand, would be less comfortable being asked to make decisions without first examining all of the past data. The ESTP will not have much patience for long board meetings filled with charts and a lot of talking, as he or she will begin to see it as a waste of time--they will want action and results NOW, not tomorrow.

The difference hinges on the fundamental differences between Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Sensing and between Extraverted Thinking and Introverted Thinking.

Picture two CEOs of a company. The ESTJ CEO is going to be more prone to a by-the-book management style. He or she will prefer not to take risks unless they see it as a sure thing. Second, they will probably have more patience for facts, data, charts, and so on. The ESTP CEO is the troubleshooter called in to make quick decisions on the fly. The ESTJ, on the other hand, would be less comfortable being asked to make decisions without first examining all of the past data. The ESTP will not have much patience for long board meetings filled with charts and a lot of talking, as he or she will begin to see it as a waste of time--they will want action and results NOW, not tomorrow.

The ESTJ will probably be the better manager of personnel and resources. The ESTP, on the other hand, will prefer to leave such (as they perceive it) mundane tasks to some ESTJ assistant so that he/she can go meet potential investors and secure new sources of income.

It really does boil down to the Supervisor vs Promoter stereotypes.