MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Default Your polar opposite.

Hey folks, what's kicking?

Are you in touch with your polar MBTI type?
    If so, how does that side show itself in you and how strongly does it assert itself?
    Are there any specific situations in which it surfaces?
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INTJ

Are you refering to the trait in the 8th position? Or all of the 4 shadow traits?

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

The complete opposite. In your case, ESFP.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Prime View Post
    The complete opposite. In your case, ESFP.
    Actually, the complete opposite of the INTJ is the ENTP. (Ni dominant vs. Ne dominant; Te auxiliary vs. Ti auxiliary, etc. is a faarrrr different way of "being" internally and interacting with the external world than the INTJ vs. ESFP, which at least internally share Fi and, externally, Te as useful skills and sometimes the others' dominant function (Ni or Se) as a useful skill.)

You mean the letter-opposite.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    I get all pissed off and have these retardedly stupid manic shit fits which involve being a complete and utter fucking drama queen.

edit: realized this was in response to the OP question rather than my clarification. undo self-centredness.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i get along extremely well with ESTPs, although i don't have any extremely deep relationships with them. two are in my group of friends, though, and they're awesome.

the type that i get along with least is the average-to-low-health ESFJ (followed closely by the ESFP). although we do have Fe in common, our perceptions are so different that our value judgments often differ. ESFPs can be even worse in certain ways because i have a lot of trouble communicating with Fi people AND they have intuition as an inferior function.

there are a lot of ways to think of "opposite" when you're talking about type. you could mean ISTJ, you could mean ENFP, you could mean ESTP, or you could even mean ESTJ. i personally think the best way to think of opposite types is to switch the first 3 letters and leave the last one (so ESTJ for me).

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think of that as opposite. I have feel I have something in common with all the NT types, it is the SF types I often feel I have nothing in common with. Before I came here I didn't think I would feel any connection at all to any of the extroverts, but I find myslef identifying with many things said by ENT types. (Check out the "alieNs" thread for details.) I think NeTi is much closer to me (NiTe) than SeFi or SiFe.

I also think of ESFJ as more unlike me than ENTP. For both of them, my main 4 are in their shadow and visa versa. I think the opposite of Ni is Se (not Ne) and the opposite of Te is Fi (not Ti). An Ne understands and Ni a lot better than a Se understands an Ni. A Ti (secondary) understands a Te (secondary) better than a Si (secondary) understands a Te (secondary). This is based partly on experience, not just theory.

I am thinking my opposite would be ISFJ because going by the order of traits chart they are the complete opposite of me.
    INTJ: Ni, Te, Fi, Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
    ISFJ: Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Se, Fi, Te, Ni

Ilah

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Actually, the complete opposite of the INTJ is the ENTP. (Ni dominant vs. Ne dominant; Te auxiliary vs. Ti auxiliary, etc. is a faarrrr different way of "being" internally and interacting with the external world than the INTJ vs. ESFP, which at least internally share Fi and, externally, Te as useful skills and sometimes the others' dominant function (Ni or Se) as a useful skill.)

You mean the letter-opposite.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yay to XSFJ!
    I am friends with a few of them- mostly chicks.
    They are a pain in the ass to argue with- unlike XNTP's.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ

I think individual differences matter a lot. The most difficult types for me to get along with are the SF types, which I concider my most opposite. In mean girls who verbal harass other people tend to be SF types, but that doesn't mean all SFs are like this. It only means I have had lots of negative experience with this type.

It really comes down to things like how nice the person is and how accepting the person is of those who are different. Fs are supposed to be more conciderate of other people's feelings, but I have met lots of Fs who were mean people. Many Fs tend to place lots of emphasis on their values. If you happen to share the same values as them (or at least the most important ones) they will generally like you and overlook most of your flaws and eccentricties. If you disagree with their values their opinion of you becomes very negative. A couple of times I have had people that I got along really well with untill it became clear that I did not agree with their values and then it got very ugly.

I think most of the time Ss cannot understand Ns. People who study MBTI a lot may be an exception. However, some Ss will accept Ns eccentricities. Sometimes Ss will express admiration to Ns on their original ideas or creative projects. But some Ss will look down upon you for being different. Sometimes they will try to change you to be more "acceptable," i.e. less different, thinking they are helping you by doing it.

I guess this is more about what they think of me than what I think of them, but I can't seperate the two. If people treat me poorly, they are stressful for me to be around and I avoid them when possible. I tend to feel very defensive, but I attempt to be neutral with them. I try to put on a very strong front, not necissarily agressive, but making it clear that I am not going to compromise myself for them.

If they are nice to me, I generally feel okay having conversations with them, even if I don't feel a connection with them. I tend to react by being a little more friendly and do things that don't come easy to me, such as acting sympathetic and listening politely to subjects I have no interest in.

Ilah

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I still don't think I've had much experience with ESFJs, but I'd like to get to know some more. In either case the few ESFJ's I have associated with in the past year or so I found a rather subtle connection with, in a sense that while we probably don't think the same way, we really don't have much trouble understanding what quadrant of the galaxy we're coming from, if you know what I mean.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so