First 123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I still don't think I've had much experience with ESFJs, but I'd like to get to know some more. In either case the few ESFJ's I have associated with in the past year or so I found a rather subtle connection with, in a sense that while we probably don't think the same way, we really don't have much trouble understanding what quadrant of the galaxy we're coming from, if you know what I mean.
    The one ESFJ I got close to (she was a coworker for a few years) had some severe emotional issues, but our friendship was very nice and I learned a lot from her. She was good at the things I was bad at, and vice versa, and we were a good influence on each other... although sometimes we also ticked each other off a bit. She was one of the first people who helped teach me how to stand up for myself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I married my ESFJ "opposite". Keirsey's PUM I even mentions the mutual attraction of INTP's and ESFJ's.
    The Fe can be annoying if it's pushed too hard, but is otherwise very admirable. I think we get on each others nerves with our shadows more than anything else (oppositional Fi for her, oppositional Te for me. Both of which are the others' "daemon"). Learning how all this stuff works really helps take another look at those aspects of our relationship.

Now, the "opposite" in terms of having the primaries switch with the shadows (in the same order) would be ENTJ. I believe a grandmother and a first cousin (on the same side of the family) are such "pureChlors". I did not like being around them too much. Too critical. And they especially don't seem to like the way P's do anything.

Now, the type that has all eight functions running in the reverse order would be the ISFP. I don't know if I know any. (I'm in a heavy STJ environment, with some SFJ here and there). There are a couple of people I knew who may have been PhlegSans, and hence appear to fit into that type. (Nice and amiable, but were very physically active), and I get along with them, but the Fi goes over me, and my Ti seems too deep for them.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Okay - I'm stupid. What would my polar opposite be, then?

Oh yeah, I'm ENFP.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

(Old "Shadow" definition) first four functions running in reverse/opposite letters: ISTJ (SiTeFiNe)
    (8 function theory shadows) last four functions: INTJ (NiFeTiSe)
    All eight in reverse: ESTP (SeTiFeNiSiTeFiNe)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Old Shadow: Ive yet to test-type one of my friends or acquaintances as an ISFP though given their relative commonality Im sure that Ive run into them more then a few times. Its sort of a mixed bag as to how Id probably get along with them. On one hand Artisans are probably the only Sensor-types I relate to on a fairly deep basis; on the other hand, ISxx types tend to dislike me for being annoyingly loud so the relative lack of them in comparison to all of my ESxP friends would seem to make a good deal of sense.

8 Function Shadow: I severely doubt that the last four functions in the eight-function theory are as linearly ordered, as the listing would imply. Im an ENTJ, most definitely a Judger by my typical behavior, and yet if the Function Test is to be believed Ne is actually my second function, not my 5th. I invent as a hobby and have a growing list of over 1,000 future inventions to create; thats an extreme Ne characteristic. As for how I get along with INTPs, Ive only confirmed two of them: a teacher I had in 11th grade and an acquaintance. Both of them greatly respected me and the teacher believed I was a natural scientist. I seem to get along well with INTPs and its easy to relate to their thought process.

All 8 Reversal: Most ESFJs dont understand me at all. My personality clashes with theirs even more so than with ESTJs but with them we at least have the commonality of being Thinkers. With ESFJs on the other hand, I tend to come off as both insensitive and weird. It doesnt help that both Fe and Si are my least valued functions, a fact Im not ridiculously proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Now, the "opposite" in terms of having the primaries switch with the shadows (in the same order) would be ENTJ. I believe a grandmother and a first cousin (on the same side of the family) are such "pureChlors". I did not like being around them too much. Too critical. And they especially don't seem to like the way P's do anything.
    Being a Choleric isnt necessarily the same thing as being an ENTJ and vice versa goes as well. Depending on which choleric traits stand out the most they can easily be any of the ExxJs, which would be a lot more likely as far as personally knowing two choleric individuals of the same type. If your first cousin is female than the chances of her being ENTJ are even lower.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Okay - I'm stupid. What would my polar opposite be, then?

Oh yeah, I'm ENFP.
    ISTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

ESFP is mine, I guess? I think well of them, my girlfriend is ESFP. But I just can't discuss things very long with them, since I would rather discuss ideas and ideologies/philosophies than family problems.

Shadow functions as the dominant functions in the opposite order..
    Si Fe Ti Ne Se Fi Te Ni would be ISFJ, they seem the more "opposite", I get along well with one of them (she's hilarious actually is actually IxFx.) but I don't understand how she works at all, and I doubt she even wonders what makes me tick..
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ISTJ
    Yes, ISTJ's are good folks.
    They are pleasant people, usually.

ESFJs are cool in my book.
    So are ESFPs, if we consider as polar opposite the type with the inverse function order.

MBTI
    ISTx

ENFP