12 Last

Thread: Fi or Fe?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

Default Fi or Fe?

I have few questions about Fi and Fe.

a) If you know what you feel but don't know why would that be Fi or Fe, or maybe both but it depends?

b) If you think that e.g. you consider your mom strictly as mom, but not as a buddy/other person, is that Fe? (I'm not saying you have bad relationship with your mother for strictly considering her mom)

c) If you feel like you want to 'change' other people so they have your personal value system is that Fi or Fe?

Tnx!

LadyLazarus

a) I see that as being more Fe, from what I understand and have experienced Fi usually understands not only what it is feeling but also why it feels what it feels. It could potentially be both though.

b) I think that's also more Fe than Fi if anything at all, I see people as individuals above all not as a conglomeration of whatever or their titles/occupations, etc.

c) That is Fi and the story of my life.

Anyway, I'm no expert so I'm answering these mostly based on personal preference/experience.

WALMART

A) more Fi

B) not type related, or undeclared opinion

C) feeling in general. Fe types will act out more on feeling.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

a)

b) Fe

c) Fi

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

a. Probably both, humans are complex creatures.

b.

c. If you think they should have your values, or at least respect them in a way that doesn't show they have different values, Fi. If you're changing people to your ideals of them or what they could become "for their own good", I think that is more Fe.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post

a) If you know what you feel but don't know why would that be Fi or Fe, or maybe both but it depends?

b) If you think that e.g. you consider your mom strictly as mom, but not as a buddy/other person, is that Fe? (I'm not saying you have bad relationship with your mother for strictly considering her mom)

c) If you feel like you want to 'change' other people so they have your personal value system is that Fi or Fe?

Tnx!
    a) weak F

b) I would have to know why you only consider your mom as mom.

c) depends which system we're talking about... In socionics this is very Fi-ish, in MBTI it could be Fe too. For the record, I don't really do this, I don't give a flying fuck what value systems other people have. I'll let them have whatever value system, fine. Now if we were talking about logical systems..... I do sometimes give too much of a fuck there. Now, just to cover this topic entirely, sometimes I do get upset when someone doesn't seem to care about other people and then I try to "change" them or more precisely, their behaviour and feelings toward the other person/people, but that's not to do with their personal value systems, it's to do with how they approach other people, thus I attribute my caring about this to Fe preference, in MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by atlascatcher View Post
    c. If you think they should have your values, or at least respect them in a way that doesn't show they have different values, Fi. If you're changing people to your ideals of them or what they could become "for their own good", I think that is more Fe.
    What do you mean by this "for their own good" and ideals of how people should be?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Tnx!
    Sorry, none of these are necessarily type related.

Different functions can be applied in entirely diverging ways and still achieve the same ends. You'll have to be much more specific about the circumstances to figure out which function is involved.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Sorry, none of these are necessarily type related.

Different functions can be applied in entirely diverging ways and still achieve the same ends. You'll have to be much more specific about the circumstances to figure out which function is involved.
    Came to say this.

There might be a slight lean towards one function experiencing one thing over another but I suspect it's weak.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

Thank you all for answers! (do still come from others)

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    b) I would have to know why you only consider your mom as mom.
    lol, I don't consider my mom only as mom! That is an example, not necessarily my opinion. Btw none of it is necessarily my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    There might be a slight lean towards one function experiencing one thing over another but I suspect it's weak.
    I get what you mean. I was trying to be as brief as possible. I was thinking maybe where all this 3 things I asked would be more likely Fi or Fe as where they in your opinion would be more common. If it would be more common/an indication of Fi, doesn't mean it's never Fe. If you really insist on it, I could give possibly more specifics.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

lol, I don't consider my mom only as mom! That is an example, not necessarily my opinion. Btw none of it is necessarily my opinion!
    Ok then take this as a general "you".