User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Ni vs Si

Riva

For the best of my understanding Ni 'needs' its Se.

Se observes, notices and makes sense of the environment pragmatically.

Ni unconsciously picks these Se observations and makes decisions based on Te or Fe.

If Se is weak the Ni user (esp Njs and SPs) are doomed somewhat because the 'observations' will be made on its introverted judging function (fi or ti); but since those two functions aren't perceiving functions the Ni user uses their Ni to 'incorrectly' establish his/her Ji as observations (Note that Ji aren't perceiving functions; therefore leading the Ni user to a loop).

I think.

Riva

And to the best off my undrstanding Si is:

As opposed to Se which observes its environment as it is (Se is known to be the most realistic (is it or is it accurate?) Perceiving function) Si observes and 'establishes' things. And when decisions are to be made they use Si as a recollection of established thought patterns to help them with it.

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    If Se is weak [...]
    What does that mean? Poor eyesight?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What does that mean? Poor eyesight?
    Eyes aren't the only sensory input .

^ that's actually a legitimate answer.

Anyway to elaborate on what i 'think' people could be blind to what they see.

Infinite Bubble

Sorry @SilentMusings, you aren't going to get much of an answer. It's all conjecture. The theory is too hopelessly ambiguous.

Ni can read a book and imply hundreds of past events. It can also predict the future.

Si can look at a rock or a lead beer mug from the 1700s and tell what happened to it in its lifetime. It can also read the organs of sacrificed animals for messages from the gods.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It is impossible for me to explain how I think. I wish I could but it's very difficult. It's sort of a thing that just happens. I hate saying "things just come to me" because that's not true, I do put thought into things, but there are (for me anyway) lots of gaps between how I connect things. I sometimes tell my friends that I think "from A, to B, to fish, to Q"
    Hmmm ok. That's your Ne PoLR? eheheh

(just referring to your signature.. finding it funny in this context)

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I was hoping this thread might help people who were having typing issues.
    Yes, and confusing theories with each other is certainly not going to help with sorting out typing issues.

There's also what @Nicodemus later said in this thread about casting shadows. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    The only thing borrowed from Socionics is the dynamic concept, which is primarily only used for the word itself, and is even present in the JCF system excepting the specific name. Everything in my post here is JCF.
    I saw mention of "comfort" as well... but yeah sure I can see there's a lot of MBTI stuff in there too

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Hmmm ok. That's your Ne PoLR? eheheh

(just referring to your signature.. finding it funny in this context)
    I suppose. I "used to" be able to describe how I think, but in hindsight it wasn't really all that accurate. I just wanted to give an answer that could give people somewhat of an idea of how I think, but it just became posturing and making myself look interesting. It wasn't really accurate or reflective of what the process is. As I said, it's intuitive and very much a black box. Things go in, and *poof* things come out. At least in a general sense. If there are specefic cases I can outline it a little more solidly.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

I suppose. I "used to" be able to describe how I think, but in hindsight it wasn't really all that accurate. I just wanted to give an answer that could give people somewhat of an idea of how I think, but it just became posturing and making myself look interesting. It wasn't really accurate or reflective of what the process is. As I said, it's intuitive and very much a black box. Things go in, and *poof* things come out. At least in a general sense. If there are specefic cases I can outline it a little more solidly.
    Gotcha :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

At least you can to some extent. I tend to only be able to give very vague, general descriptions of myself to other people, which frustrates me a lot. The best way to learn about me is indirectly by observing my behaviour, especially in an everyday sense.