User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by PaperFromThePress View Post
    I get 28/36.

It makes sense to me, though that someone with Fi would be better at this test. Isn't Fi all about being able to internalize emotions, and empathize with others, experiencing them in a subjective, and personal way, where Fe is more objective about emotions, and more oriented towards influencing emotions rather than internalizing them?
    Empathy requires N over any other function. Fi users might be on average easier to react emotionally than some other types, but its not the Fi aspect playing a role there, its the emotion that comes from being able to intuit what the other person is experiencing.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Well mirroring of emotions is usually associated with Fe.
    Mirroring is a function of intuition. Fe is a rational function..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Interesting, so for example my low score of 15/36 might imply weak intuition.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

I believe you're right here. But I believe that task also requires a lot of thinking in form of concentration and patience.

I did first 2 instantly wrong when I tried just to gut it out. After I concentrated I got almost all right. Some I did answer just in a gut way after losing my patience. But to be really sure of answer I believe concentration and patience are of up most importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyora View Post
    I didn't know some words so I kind of couldn't guess some of them
    I was having the same problem. I google translated them. Talking about double concentration and patience.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
    I believe you're right here. But I believe that task also requires a lot of thinking in form of concentration and patience.

I did first 2 instantly wrong when I tried just to gut it out. After I concentrated I got almost all right. Some I did answer just in a gut way after losing my patience. But to be really sure of answer I believe concentration and patience are of up most importance.

I was having the same problem. I google translated them. Talking about double concentration and patience.
    I was too lazy :/ Usually I am not that lazy but I didn't want to take too much time on it as I didn't want to overthink x) I tend to overthink all the time to see if there is not another meaning... Could it be another emotion? SO I just got with my first impression

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

29/36. I'm surprised I scored that high. I actually think I'm pretty bad at reading facial expressions. I'm much better at intrapersonal emotional awareness -- I know what I'm feeling, but I can have trouble picking up on what others are feeling, and sometimes I even project my feelings onto others. Maybe Fi with underdeveloped Pe has a tendency to do this.

There aren't enough in people in this thread to form decent sample sizes, but so far it looks like FJs (especially INFJs) are scoring the highest, which doesn't surprise me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

23/36

Most of them I could eliminate one or two possible answers but after that it was alot of guesswork.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

34/36 purely on instinct, afterwards I picked the closest word. That places me in second position behind @Noon who has the unfair advantage of her predilection for fours; who as we all know communicate through tears using a form of Morse Code.

Seriously though I doubt this is type related, it’s just a useful trick. As they say if you want to know if someone is lying watch the eyes; people never seem to learn to lie with those.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

WhoCares

31/36, interestingly the ones I got wrong were the famous faces I recognised. When I didn't recognise the person I was able to tell their facial cue.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'll try and explain. When I feel things, they can over or under fire. I'll feel things long after I should, or not at all. Things that shouldn't trigger a response, such as a loud noise or w/e can make me feel very stressed, anxious, and need to leave the room. Even scared in some cases. Sensory input can be a bit uncomfortable but I've learned to adjust. Granted, I learned a few weeks ago that I have Bipolar II which colors this some, but my psychatrist said they mostly separate. I'm antsy with physical touch still. It can either freak me out, or be very comforting. I also will feel emotions that I have no idea what they are. They are this mishmash of things that I somewhat grasp at, but articulating it fails to capture it. My emotions can also turn into almost purely physical sensations, and disconnect from the initial thoughts that triggered it, rendering me at a big deficiency to mentally sort out my feelings. Over time things (usually) even out and go away.
    Wow interesting O_o

My emotions are much simpler, I just have a few and I just simply feel them "as is". I think it's pretty instinctual stuff

Empathy requires N over any other function. Fi users might be on average easier to react emotionally than some other types, but its not the Fi aspect playing a role there, its the emotion that comes from being able to intuit what the other person is experiencing.

Hm well never heard that take/opinion before. Guess this is one of those cases where it's pointless to equate any functions with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post

I also used a lot of concentration

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    There aren't enough in people in this thread to form decent sample sizes, but so far it looks like FJs (especially INFJs) are scoring the highest, which doesn't surprise me.
    The INFJs are cool yeah lol

Not sure about other trends, it seems a bit inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Seriously though I doubt this is type related, it’s just a useful trick.
    Very much possible.