• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Moral Foundation of the Types

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Drawing upon Jonathan Haidt's Moral Foundations Theory, I was wondering if you could categorize each type by a central moral fixation. If so, what would those fixations be? What would be sacred?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drawing upon Jonathan Haidt's Moral Foundations Theory, I was wondering if you could categorize each type by a central moral fixation. If so, what would those fixations be? What would be sacred?

I wish this topic had gone somewhere. I see I have some reading to do so I can contribute.

/resurrect

á´…eparted

passages
I think this would be really hard (if not impossible) to do for MBTI types. Functions don't really have a moral basis, but they do lead to a moral basis. Because they lead, there isn't going to be a lot of consistency. There might be some patterns with values, but even then they wouldn't be very strong.

Enneagram however, would be fairly easily categorized by moral points, as that is a lot of what the theory runs off of.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
SJ - Purity, authority
NT - Fairness
NF - Care
SP - Liberty

Oh it just started, [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SJ - Purity, authority
NT - Fairness
NF - Care
SP - Liberty

Oh I forgot Liberty: I'm unsure but yeah let's go with SP

I believe there are patterns within American politics, but they seem to be regional not general/universal so I decline to comment further

Mole

Permabanned
Honey and Money

The real and glaring problem with mbti types is that they have no moral foundation.

The mbti types were plagiarised from Jung's Psychological Types by a mother and daughter with no education in psychometrics.

Jung was a failed Psychoanalyst and an astrologer who followed the zeitgeist of reification of persons into types.

We reify persons when we want to control them or worse.

And American money society has a continuing need to control Americans and the rest of us, and mbti is a great help.

We have a lovely portrait of American money society in American Honey -

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The real and glaring problem with mbti types is that they have no moral foundation.

The mbti types were plagiarised from Jung's Psychological Types by a mother and daughter with no education in psychometrics.

Jung was a failed Psychoanalyst and an astrologer who followed the zeitgeist of reification of persons into types.

We reify persons when we want to control them or worse.

And American money society has a continuing need to control Americans and the rest of us, and mbti is a great help.

We have a lovely portrait of American money society in American Honey -

Mustnt be alone be a need for control. Could be just be a wealthy society completly bored with itself longing for a sense.

Mole

Permabanned
Mustnt be alone be a need for control. Could be just be a wealthy society completly bored with itself longing for a sense.

The point is that mbti is entirely an American creation in the great tradition of American religions.

American religions started with Protestant sects and proliferated in a multiplicity of sects. So Americans have become gullible to any sect and mbti is one of these.

And they expect us to be gullible as well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The point is that mbti is entirely an American creation in the great tradition of American religions.

American religions started with Protestant sects and proliferated in a multiplicity of sects. So Americans have become gullible to any sect and mbti is one of these.

And they expect us to be gullible as well.

No, the one thing I have never come across about Americans is them opposing an opinion on me. And every other culture would be free to counter-develop the mbti. As long as nobody say: its all the germans fault again, I am perfectly fine here :)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No, the one thing I have never come across about Americans is them opposing an opinion on me. And every other culture would be free to counter-develop the mbti. As long as nobody say: its all the germans fault again, I am perfectly fine here :)

Do you mean "imposing"?

I know I'm the last person here to nitpik typos, but just in case this was a case of a genuinly misused word, I thought I'd let you know.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you mean "imposing"?

I know I'm the last person here to nitpik typos, but just in case this was a case of a genuinly misused word, I thought I'd let you know.

You working on your S qualifications ?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You working on your S qualifications ?

Just trying to be helpful. Take it or leave it.

SJ - Purity, authority
NT - Fairness
NF - Care
SP - Liberty

I'm glad to see this.

Sooo many times people have insisted that I cannot be an ENTJ because I do sometimes think about "fairness" rather than stereo typically stomp all over everyone around me to get to the top.

Maybe it's a different type of fairness than most think of?

I'm reminded of a 3-panel comic depicting "equality". Three people of differing height were trying to see a ballgame through boarded up fence. In the first, the shortest could not see at all. In the second the shortest-and only the shortest-was given a box to stand on. In the third, the boards were removed so everyone could see through the chicken-wire fence.

I am passionate in my belief that everyone should start with the same opportunities. But in a situation where everyone does have an equal chance of success and one chooses to be lazy/unambitious/a hindrance, that person will be stomped on with extreme prejudice.