User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Then I am sorry, I am not so fond with the history of MBTI and I am not very fond also at understanding it, how it was supposed to be meant.

I like to interpret it my way and to give it a meaning to better my life together with other humans.

But I will follow the thread and learn more and eventually slip in.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The flipping was a large catalyst in my decision to minimize thinking about functions at all. The socionics system retains Jung's functions, and since I'm INTP and INTp, I have two mutually exclusive dominant functions listed, Ti and Ni, and they both make sense on their own terms. When you can do that, something's wrong.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hmm, I hope I got the english right. With flipping you mean the distinct fixation for the types to have certain functions ?

I really only know 1 iNTp in real life, he is my longest and closest friends (if something like this exists at all) I had over all the years and he has that faculty of presenting how Ti and Ne can work the other way around.

We both have a knack for the new and unknown, but his knack is pulsing. That means he is there from times to times telling me something he discovered, discussing something with me, he discovered and then he is gone for a long time and I dont see him.

Sometimes he comes up months later with a thing we discovered together and gives me his thoughts about it. Sometimes I am unfair to him, because by the time I could have lost my intrest in the topic and do not listen to him carefully.

Most of the time he IS pretty boring, because he has the ability to explain a situation in detail and that can go along way .

And in our time we had together, there always was a point when he clicked. That means, when he draw himself back from the world and all he does then is lieing in a couche somewhere sleeping, what qualifies him for the Introvert tag.

I dont know, I have a completly different understanding of the functions sometimes than most people in the forums and I think I could really contribute with some things. For example you Jack Ti and Ni is complete BS, I think. An Introverted Perceiver is someone, who has his things in the world that intrest him and who takes the world in a personalized view. Watch ‹ber, you can talk to him all nite and he learns nothing (at least he does not show it, what not means he does not do it).

You on the contrary, read every thread on the forums, validate every single idea and if you find something you are intrested in you snap onto it. You are Ti that's for sure, but you may not confuse that with the way you see the world.

---

I am not here to defend the MBTI theory or anything. I dont know much about the history aswell, but I am eager to get it to know, but I will never base my decisions on it.

I have a basic intuition and empathie for like all my life and MBTI was/is a tool to clarify things. I am not against bettering it, but I fear I cant help much with it, because when it comes to psychology, I am more a child listening to his father, because I cant make my mind around those things.

But I dont think it could threaten me in believing the wrong thing, because to be sure, MBTI is nothing but a few nice words.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

"For the sake of clarity let us again recapitulate..."

Again?!? Actually, no.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

entropie: I do fit most descriptions of Ti dom + Ne quite well, I know. It's the definitions I have a problem with, and function order. I prefer to just say I'm INTP, so I'm more adept at intuition and thinking than sensing and feeling, and I'm introverted, and I'm whatever the hell perceiving means. To go farther, you have to start making shit up, and why? What's the point? You tell me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    entropie: I do fit most descriptions of Ti dom + Ne quite well, I know. It's the definitions I have a problem with, and function order. I prefer to just say I'm INTP, so I'm more adept at intuition and thinking than sensing and feeling, and I'm introverted, and I'm whatever the hell perceiving means. To go farther, you have to start making shit up, and why? What's the point? You tell me.
    There is no going father from here. Now it's about understanding how this works. That is commonly a entp thing. You say something and then you proof it or try to understand it. When you think you are done you can go farther, but most of the time it is the process of analyzing that carries you further.

But I think you mean something different and that is really intresting. Stop me, if I am getting it wrong, I havent read the whole thread .

If you see the human being as someone disconnected from nature, as any rational would do. In a way that says that the mind is disconnected from nature. And then you try to define the human mind. What it is made of, how it works. You will find that computer logic, where zeros and ones deductively analyze the world. You have a rational cabable body now.

But whats next and that is a common question I encountered with intp's. What is to be done, when things are analyzed ?

I figured, either way intp's are good at hiding their introvertism, because deep at night they go insane or they are afraid of laying hands on the greatest contradictonary thing there is in their life.

See entp has it easy. he says 99% percent shit and 1% is ok and that we build. But intp has not the faculty or need to say shit, so how can he come to the building part ?

That's the big question to be asked about the intp. If you want to analyze, what this MBTI really has to say.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There is no going father from here. Now it's about understanding how this works. That is commonly a entp thing. You say something and then you proof it or try to understand it. When you think you are done you can go farther, but most of the time it is the process of analyzing that carries you further.
    That's the justification I allude to. I could write you an essay proving that you're INFP based on your obvious use of Fi and Ne, etc., but it would be complete bullshit...As I believe most of the study is anyway....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hmm, now I have got your point.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That was just an example @INFP

wasn't it ?

Banned