User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Intuitives are overrated

Seriously intuitives are overrated: All of the sites that I have ever been to and every test that I have ever seen tends to act like intuitives are naturally better then sensors overall. They act like intuitives are like X-Men mutants or something and like they are like the new and evolved version of human beings. The tests do everything but come outright and say, "If you are an intuitive you are basically just born superior." It's certainly true that intuitives tend to be much better than sensors at thinking outside the box, looking at the big picture and thinking of what's going happen in the future and not just what happened in the past or in the present moment, understanding abstract concepts, and tend to be more imaginative than sensors overall. Yes, these things are what are truly great about intuitives.

However, I think that intuitives tend to be overrated. Many people don't really think about the drawbacks of being an intuitive. For instance, because intuitives are so imaginative, many of them live in somewhat of a fantasy world and they are way out in outer space. I can't tell you how many intuitives that I know that are not in touch with reality at all. The problem with this is that many of them kind of don't know what the hell is going on around them. For example, I am a college student and I have met countless intuitives that are going to college for some type of random subject that won't get them a job...period. For instance, many intuitives go to school for philosophy. Philosophy is a very abstract subject that many intuitives can intellectually masturbate to, but they really won't get you a job. Now just about all of my sensing friends tend to much more aware of reality and what's really going on in real life, and tend to be more likely than many intuitives to go to school for something useful that will actually get them a job. Not all intuitives tend to be academic, however. For instance, many NF's tend to get lost in this romance/twilight world of theirs and tend to also get lost in their imaginations. Also, many NT's tend to get lost in their imaginary online gaming worlds for instance. I can't even tell you how many INTP's that I have met that tend to get lost in "World of Warcraft" for instance, and tend to actually think that they are a Knight from the game and that becomes their entire life.

Sensors tend to be grounded in reality, and tend to know what's going on in real life. Also, they tend to not become so lost in the future that they completely neglect the present, and this is sadly something that many intuitives are guilty of. Again, I think that sensors are underrated and that intutives are not as good as they are trumped up to be. \

Comments?
    @Elfboy

You may want to check this thread out.

If it were impossible to lose touch with reality in reality then celebrity gossip wouldn't so often be front page news.

Actually they may be underrated by S dominant societies, as weirdos or procastinators or no-gooders. Because they do not necessarily produce tangible or visible products.

I think both have uses in the society. Ns may serve as visionaries and innovators in their respective environment and help the society get out of a rut, or may lead them to their demise.

Being an intuitive may imply an inability to deal with the present and real circumstances and an escape into fantasy to deal with that. That inclination may be a result of the individual's physiology, physical and mental capabilities.

A strong N might signify an overactive central nervous system and brain activity, hence might imply that Ns may have a higher potential to get better at certain intelligence domains than Ss or even Ts.

Perhaps certain N types manifesting less frequently than other types in the society should make them a valued resource.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Yeah they're overrated, and S types underrated. Descriptions are hugely tilted to favor some types over others, and intutivies are by and large made to seem a lot more special, talented, and intelligent than their S counter parts. I'd say INFJ's (and to a lesser extent ENFJ's) are the worst in this regard.

It's unfair and annoying.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Oh yeah, I pretty much agree. The profiles do mention how much more pragmatic & realistic Sensing types are, but I guess that doesn't sound as sexy as "imaginative" or "abstract thinkers". In reality, being pragmatic & realistic is very sexy if it leads to, you know, living life.

This applies more to INxx types than the others, but we're also the most exoticized (yes, even us INFPs, the low man on the iNtuitive totem pole).
    ENxx types do seem to DO more, but what is talked less of is how they can be fickle & unstable still, not possessing the steadiness or loyalty of Sensing types (yes, I include SPs with that).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'd trade one holographic INFJ for an ESFJ booster pack.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Why are you dissing your own kind?

See sig.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Why are you dissing your own kind?

See sig.
    I'll make an analogy. If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog, then it is a dog. Doesn't matter if you are one too. It is what it is (at least how we see it anyway). For me anyway, I have no issue dissing myelf or "my kind" if they do a wrong, or are wrong. It's the honest thing to do.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Ns are the minority IRL. So does this mean the positive spin in N descriptions are due to them having been written by N types or are simply due to marketing strategy aimed to make them sound appealing hence stroke the ego of the individual?

Then why don't S types feel their ego being stroked?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    So does this mean the positive spin in N descriptions are due to them having been written by N types
    Yes, that's why.

@OP : get real dude: In real life sensors are overrated.