• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuitives are overrated

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe a strange question but what do you mean by it being an acquired skill? Did it not just develop on its own? What did you do?
I think I meant the skill of listening is acquired. I had to make it develop by using it. But I don't remember.

Really? Why?
Sx-firsts generally report this tendency--staying awake (or doing another detrimental activity) because they are so engaged and immersed with whatever is currently capturing their interests. They tend to override what might be necessary for the sp-instinct, or the social instinct.

I'm very preoccupied right now, but may get back to your other post shortly. Or maybe not.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I meant the skill of listening is acquired. I had to make it develop by using it. But I don't remember.

I thought you were talking about the skill of dissecting the grammar...?

Sx-firsts generally report this tendency--staying awake (or doing another detrimental activity) because they are so engaged and immersed with whatever is currently capturing their interests. They tend to override what might be necessary for the sp-instinct, or the social instinct.

Gotcha

I'm very preoccupied right now, but may get back to your other post shortly. Or maybe not.

Well whenever you got the time ;)

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Internet is no representation for real world , if intuitives seem more popular on the internet , it's because they can be more vocal here , in fact in the real world from every 3 persons , 2 are sensors and 1 is intuitive and the society leans toward sensors. Who likes to talk about imaginary stuffs for hours ?! i can't , but i can play Football for days ! i have an INFP friend that is very interested in sociology and it's contributions to politics , i'm a good listener so i will listen to most of his ideas ! (Although i get bored sometimes but i'm a good friend :blush:) But most of the people just don't care ! they like to talk about what is happening at the moment ! what is the president doing right now ? which team won the game ! and all the stuffs that are happening at the present ! most of the people that i'v seen don't like to talk about how Sociology can help Politics in THE FUTURE ! because it's not tangible for them ! they are sensors after all ! and that makes real life inuitives cynical ! also you should know that most of the people in real life don't know about MBTI , so many people don't know that they are intuitives or sensors ! so when there is an intuitive person that doesn't share the same interest as people around him/her , he/she thinks that there is something wrong with him/her until he/she meets other intuitives and that's a relief for him/her. So as you can see in real life intuitives are pretty underrated !

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously intuitives are overrated. They're all fat, stinky, doo doo heads. >:[

OwQ9l.gif

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
more like the intuitives are over-represented in the mbti community.

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That is a fault of MBTI tests , the only way those tests differentiate between intuitive and sensor is by asking questions about person's imaginations and how imaginative they are and when someone says i'm in my imaginations most of the day the test will give him/her an intuitive result , makers of those tests think that sensors can't imagine things which is WRONG , sensors have imaginations too but their imagination is different than intuitive people. So many sensors will get an intuitive result on online tests and therefore intuitives become over-represented in the MBTI community but many of them are actually sensors.

TheEndIsNotTheEnd

I think whoever is the flavour of the month is overrated. There seems to be trends. People associate certain traits/characteristics with certain type/functions and then for a while, it's all the range. It's not so different to fashion, really.

It's a human thang.

P.S. - we are all intuitive and sensor. It would be kinda screwed up if we weren't (although I'm sure that this phenomena does exist under the umbrella of "mental illness").